- Internet , Productivity
70 Best Personal Mission Statement Examples
- Tom Clayton
- April 6, 2023
A personal mission statement is the most powerful tool that motivates you to accomplish your life goals.
It helps you identify, create, and conform to your values and goals. You get to broaden your perspectives, define the things that matter most to you, and base your everyday decisions on these things. It helps you to align your decisions with what you aspire to in life.
Although it may take a while to come up with a definitive mission statement , once you have one, you’ll be able to define your goals, values, beliefs, and eventual success. It will be there to guide your decisions and stay on course when meeting your goals.
In this post, we will take you through the benefits of having a personal mission statement, how to write it, and examples to use for inspiration.
Also Read : Vision vs Mission Statement – Difference & Examples
Benefits of a Personal Mission Statement
Source: RODNAE Productions from Pexels
While growing up, we carry the values and beliefs that were instilled upon us by our parents, guardians, or society.
At a certain point in life, we need to walk alone and forge our own values, goals, beliefs, and purposes based on what we deem important to use. The self-discovery process helps us realize who we are and the potential we can reach individually.
By creating a personal mission statement, you’ll realize your talents, skills, strengths, and other attributes you never knew you had. In this way, you’ll become mindful of what you’ve become or achieved.
Later on, as you move on in life, you’ll be able to refer to this statement whenever you want to make a significant life decision. It will be a reliable pointer that will help you know what to do, how to do it, and when to implement your decision.
It is the roadmap that will help you maneuver through life and you need it for direction and focus.
Explore : Goal vs Objective
Steps to Writing a Personal Mission Statement
Jotting your personal mission statement solidifies your life purpose, goals, beliefs, and values.
So when working on it, you have to keep these things in mind.
Of course, there are templates you can use, but making it personal and authentic should come from deep within you. With our guidance, you’ll create your very own mission statement based on what you truly want.
Here are steps to get you started.
1. Identify Your Purpose and Value
Source: Magda Ehlers from Pexels
What is your purpose and what value do you want to create? Do you have a dream big enough to drive your purpose and value?
If you can write down the attributes that make you who you are and your priorities, you’ll be able to come up with powerful values that will power your main purpose.
2. Choose Your Target
Source: Mohamed Hassan from Pixabay
Is it you? Children? Women? The elderly, less fortunate, or everyone? What is your personal mission statement all about? Who will you focus on helping?
Note the target recipients you want to use your talents on. Doing this will help sharpen your personal focus even more.
Check Out : Inspirational Teamwork Quotes for the Workplace
3. Pinpoint Your Superpower
What are you good at? My superpower is detailing complex things with utmost clarity for people to understand better. Your strengths might be in doing compassionate work, designing, healing, exploring, problem-solving, or teaching.
Put together all your personal and professional skills, aptitudes, and talents. Include everything, even those attributes you often overlook, like being well organized or a good friend and confidant.
You should be able to note your strong points in order to set your goals and priorities straight.
4. What are Your Needs?
This is the most important step in your personal mission statement – what you really want for yourself. You should never skimp on your personal needs. Like Richard Branson, you may just want to explore, learn, and have some fun too.
So whether you’re focused on helping other people throughout your career or life, try to put aside some time for your self-fulfillment.
5. Don’t Forget Your Goals
Source: Anna Tarazevich from Pexels
After outlining your values, purpose, target, superpower, and needs, it’s time to link your goals. What do you want to achieve?
Remember, the goals should be super specific, results-focused, achievable, measurable, and time-bound.
As you reflect, think about what inspires you, your self-definition and aspirations, the aptitudes you expect to enjoy, the outcomes of your decisions, and the legacy you wish to leave behind.
You have to create goals for each aspect of your life – from your career, social life, relationships, family, to your interests and hobbies, and more.
Also Read : Motivational Sales Quotes
6. Put Your Mission Statement in Print
Source: Abdouj from Pixabay
With the five steps above, you’ll have a strong list of items to include in your mission statement. Your piece should be a healthy mixture of imagination, realism, and fulfillment. All this is possible as long as you focus on what inspires and fulfills you.
Take time to review your goals, values, beliefs, and life direction (including your career). Make the necessary adjustments to get a clear, realistic picture of what you really want.
That being said, let’s check out some of the best personal mission statement examples below.
Our Top 70 Best Personal Mission Statement Examples
Congratulations! Now you know how to craft an excellent mission statement for yourself.
Just to inspire you further, we’ve listed the best mission statement examples to borrow from.
Check this out:
Leadership Personal Mission Statement Examples
1. To encourage forward-thinking and innovative ideas that will help my teams create technology solutions that will help improve people’s lives.
2. To provide inspiration and support to colleagues through leadership and expertise.
3. To be a contributing team leader to my team and organization. I aim to become an indispensable employee who helps make the organization’s most important decisions.
Also Read : Best Executive Summary Examples
Source: fahribaabdullah14 from Pixabay
Professional And Social Mission Statement Examples
4. To implement ethical principles in my profession that will ensure total honesty and truthfulness among all employees. I will reform the industry and encourage everyone to do the same for the business’s success.
5. To offer the most outstanding customer service ever seen in my industry and build a list of loyal customers who will help me rise to the industry’s top. This will give me a chance to give back to those who held my hand as I ascended the ladder.
6. To discover a life-changing idea that will forever transform my career and the lives of other people.
7. To be the highest paid personal development coach globally with sophisticated programs that will bring in a stream of revenue while helping millions of people transform their lives.
8. To increase every woman’s net worth and help them achieve financial independence. This will prevent them from plunging deeper into debt by investing in profitable ventures that will turn them into millionaires.
9. To positively impact the lives of young girls by teaching them proper and efficient money management techniques.
10. To boost my knowledge in local business and become the most popular business consultant in the region, attracting valuable clients who want to benefit from my knowledge.
Explore : Weaknesses List & Examples
Source: StartupStockPhotos from Pixabay
11. To become the most successful vlogger and social media influencer with information/posts that attract a massive following.
12. To build the world’s most sustainable energy provider and play a significant role in fighting global warming and other effects of climate change. I want my company to be a beacon of hope that people can look up to.
13. To create a positive change as a recruitment consultant by helping my clients to improve their hiring processes.
14. To become the highest-paid SEO expert by developing an SEO tool that saves people a lot of time and money. I will be the one to build a next-generation SEO tool that will be used by many.
Individual Mission Statements Examples
15. To have my very own family and fulfill my obligations to the family I have. My goal is to do things right, invest in our future, and make time to spend with them. I will be a role model to my family.
16. To use my passion for animals to invest in a horse ranch that will help disabled children in my area.
17. To be an instrument of change at home, the workplace, and the community as a whole. I will use my God-given talents to raise a loving family, stay productive at work, and help grow a responsive community.
Explore : Strengths & Weaknesses Examples For Job Interview
Source: Alexas Fotos from Pixabay
18. To maintain positive relationships with commitment, integrity, and honesty, be it with family, friends, or colleagues. I will pursue knowledge that will help me balance my obligations in life and dedicate my time to pursuing each of my goals until I succeed.
19. To find value, fulfillment, and happiness in living by identifying, pursuing, and achieving my goals without any restraints or limitations.
20. To live a life free from resentment. I will focus my skills and talents to focus on love, forgiveness, and gratitude while helping those close to me do the same.
21. To bring joy to everyone around me through encouragement and help. I will focus my time on making someone’s life better, showing them how to move on through compassion.
22. To utilize my intelligence to improve and benefit others. To use my knowledge, logical thinking, and wisdom to do good and help other people overcome their burdens and reach their true potential.
23. To be able to balance my work, social life, and personal responsibilities and ensure a stress-free life. I’ll have ample time for relaxation while pursuing my personal goals and ensuring my overall well-being.
24. To improve my life by achieving personal success, including living a healthy lifestyle, enhancing my career, and building a family.
Also Read : Students’ Strengths & Weaknesses Examples
Source: Marily Torres from Pexels
25. To take charge of my life, decisions, career, and every other aspect of my life. I will live the life I choose for myself and be able to explore my capabilities.
26. To be a better version of myself by overcoming all the challenges that come my way.
27. To strive to make better decisions that will help me live a better life. I will learn how to make difficult choices without procrastinating.
28. To become courageous and outgoing by looking at the bright side of things. Optimism will help me anticipate the best in life.
Also Read : Best Impromptu Speech Tips
Students’ Personal Mission Statement Examples
29. To put my studies first, above everything else. It will help keep my grades in check, helping me advance and achieve my career goals .
30. To set my personal life aside and focus on achieving my goals regarding my education and building a solid career for myself.
31. To stay true to my values against peer pressure and the desire to fit in within the school environment amidst the challenges I may likely face.
32. To chase my personal dreams without relying on anyone. I will not stop to divert my attention to other people if it means ignoring my own dreams. I will learn to say no and instead focus on enhancing my self-confidence and esteem.
Source: The Lazy Artist Gallery from Pexels
33. To live life to the fullest based on my rights, honesty, and truthfulness. I will be different as I strive to make a difference in the world.
34. To emulate successful individuals so I can achieve my personal goals. I will implement lessons that successful people impart to achieve the best outcomes in life.
35. To adopt and practice learning behaviors that will ensure my success. I will instill in me values like self-discipline, goal setting, achievement, hard work, and more to be a better, purposeful person.
36. To work towards achieving my goals so I can do greater things with my life achievements. I will keep being ambitious and chase after my set goals until I am content.
37. To focus on doing right by making the right decisions, however difficult they may be. This will be my guide to a better life after completion of my studies.
38. To help people get what they want so I can also get what I want.
39. To achieve personal success by establishing habits that drive success. Through discipline, I will be able to achieve both long and short term goals.
Check Out : Best Thank You Messages For Boss
Teachers Personal Mission Statement Examples
Source: fauxels from Pexels
40. I will work harder and smarter to improve myself and receive recognition.
41. To make a difference in the children’s lives by enhancing their literacy levels. I aim to eradicate illiteracy in the community and help the kids become essential adults in the future.
42. To minimize burnout during working hours by managing my work-life balance. It will help me pursue my other goals besides teaching. I will work to eliminate stress from my life and reach a point of equilibrium.
43. To stop postponing major decisions and become proactive when making my career decisions. I will get done what needs to be done without relying on anyone to give me a push.
44. To find better ways to complete tasks faster by working efficiently towards achieving more. I will continuously improve my efficiency to earn recognition as the best teacher, which will help to get me promoted.
45. To make learning a freely available commodity to students, regardless of their economic background or living standards. I will be part of the team that will create a system to enable students to acquire knowledge freely and soar higher to reach their dreams.
Source: Kampus Production from Pexels
46. To search through various steps and break barriers that hold back students from achieving their full potential. I will find more innovative ways that will help them do things differently as they climb the learning ladder. I will also be the role model they look up to for inspiration.
47. To help students perceive learning as fun and they look forward to experiencing the joy of learning.
General Personal Mission Statements
48. To inspire and motivate people to live a mentally, spiritually, and physically healthy life with more peace and contentment.
49. To develop functional technology that will help improve the quality of life of many people across the world.
50. To instill confidence and self-love into people around me and give them self-efficacy that will help them excel in life by making their dreams come true.
51. To work on behalf of the children while providing the much-needed resources to help them stay healthy and prosperous.
52. To personify my values, including compassion, hard work, empathy, forgiveness, and kindness, so that I can lead by example.
53. To use my music to inspire and bring joy to many who are oppressed or unhappy.
Also Read : Best Short & Sweet Follow-up Email Samples After Interview
Source: ELEVATE from Pexels
54. To appreciate my family every chance I get by making decisions while prioritizing their best interests.
55. To be part of creating a company culture that appreciates all workers to make them feel inclusive and part of its success. This will not only increase productivity but will also motivate them to work as a family.
56. To live each day as if it were the last by appreciating, learning, and growing with every experience I gain.
57. To put in more effort, discipline, and hard work in order to excel and become the best at what I do.
58. To create technologically enhanced communication devices that will do all the work while allowing users to spend quality time with their loved ones one-on-one.
59. To provide legal services to people to help reduce any social injustices and many other disparities that exist in the community.
60. To teach people in society the importance of nutrition and the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and show them ways to achieve and maintain this lifestyle.
61. To provide affordable healthcare and hope for a better, healthier life to those who are suffering from lack of money and resources within society.
Also Read : Best Short Professional Bio Examples
Source: Edward Jenner
62. To develop/produce products, materials, or services that will help women and girls achieve and maintain high and healthy self-esteem.
63. To empower the young men in society by providing resources that will help them overcome educational, socioeconomic, racial, and political injustices and barriers.
64. To participate in creating and enacting laws that will help reduce cases of domestic violence in children and women.
65. To help make life better for individuals with special needs by taking part in initiatives that foster strength, recognition, and inclusivity.
66. To be a caring parent who provides for their children, teaching and showing them that success is being the best at what you do while treating everyone the way you desire to be treated. Doing what pleases you and those around you is what matters most.
67. To join other like-minded people in making sure the world has infrastructure that improves the quality of life of everyone in the community.
68. To ensure the transportation system around the region is reliable, accessible, and safe for everyone, including those who are abled differently. This will also help to provide the right products to consumers on time.
Explore : Professional Twitter Bio Examples
Source: Elena Saharova
69. To share my art across the world and let it become an outlet for other artists to express their true feelings and vulnerabilities. With my art, I will be able to entertain, teach, and inspire people and make them feel heard, understood, and supported.
70. To serve in a role that will help me identify people who are vulnerable and help them acquire resources that will fulfill their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Writing your personal mission statement is like creating a guide that will help you streamline your decision-making. It keeps you focused on the most important aspects of your life, including your career, family, and general life goals.
When torn between options, you’ll be able to choose one that inspires success just by searching deeper into your mission statement.
From these examples, we are sure you’ll find the inspiration you need to create a tailored personal mission statement to get you going. Craft the most inspiring piece and place it somewhere accessible so you can refer to it frequently as you assess yourself and your goals.
Tom loves to write on technology, e-commerce & internet marketing. I started my first e-commerce company in college, designing and selling t-shirts for my campus bar crawl using print-on-demand. Having successfully established multiple 6 & 7-figure e-commerce businesses (in women’s fashion and hiking gear), I think I can share a tip or 2 to help you succeed.
55 Personal Mission Statement Examples for 2023
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Living without a sense of what we’d like to accomplish within the days, weeks, months, or years ahead has a way of making us feel out of place. Don’t you think? We begin to question if we belong, what’s our true purpose in life , and how can we live on purpose.
Mission statements can help us find answers . They’re similar to life purpose statements but different. Mission statements are a way to express how you’ll align your core values and abilities to improve your life and the life of those you wish to positively impact .
You’ll find 55 personal mission statement examples below that serve as guides when you’re ready to customize a list of your personal endeavors. In the end, it should feature things that will add meaning to your life and support the vision of the things you seek to accomplish . The statements can reflect your goals, desires, or dreams pertaining to your education, career, relationships, and service to society.
It’s okay if you’ve never thought of creating a blueprint for your life . I believe you’ll be fired up to take on life with more vigor and enthusiasm once you go over the benefits. I also provided a link to another one of our articles that shows you how simple and easy it is to craft mission statements.
Table of Contents
What Is a Personal Mission Statement?
A personal mission statement is a concise declaration of your plans, aspirations, and purpose in life and how you intend to manifest them. Overall, it should reflect your core values , things that are truly important to you, and why they matter so much. Goals, passions, dreams, expectations, lifelong aspirations, and commitment to community service commonly feature in a well-constructed mission statement.
PS, did you know there are 10 Core Values Quizzes to Identify what’s Important to You?
There’s no reason you shouldn’t have mission statements . Companies and organizations make them to guide their work and vision for the future. If someone were to read your declarative statements, they should have a clear idea of who you are in terms of your core values and what your motivations are.
Writing personal mission statements isn’t a new idea, although Stephen R. Covey reignited the idea in his 2004 New York Times Bestselling book, The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People . Readers all across the nation began appreciating the importance of having a blueprint of how they wish to navigate through life, both in the personal and professional realms.
The author wrote that the number one habit is to Be Proactive . It is precisely what your mission statements examples will reflect, your intention to take positive action with the goal of achieving a rich and purposeful life.
Most important is to write down your pursuits. You can literally manifest the things you desire by writing them down .
Reasons Why You Should Write Personal Mission Statements
Mission statements add context to your existence whether you’re documenting them for personal or professional reasons. Other benefits of creating a roadmap of your reasons for being are as follows:
- Allows you to identify and define values and goals that align with your best interest
- Helps guide long and short-term goals and career path
- Clarifies your intentions and keeps you focused
- Helps you envision a clearer pathway to success
- Serves as motivation to accomplish goals
- Give you more control over your life
- Enables you to make better decisions that align with your long-term goals.
- Keeps you on the pathway to achieving your life goals
- Encourages decision-making based on your core values
- Gives you a reflection of who you are ( self-discovery )
- Promotes work-life balance
- Gives you an overall sense of purpose and belonging
According to author and career coach Dan Miller, a good mission statement should reflect these three main aspects:
1. Your skills and abilities 2. Your personality traits 3. Your values, passions, and dreams
Other self-development experts and authors may suggest different approaches to writing your plan of action. What matters most is ensuring they cover all the important tenets. Take note of 5 Steps to Write Your Personal Mission Statement (With Examples) to get the hang of how to create yours. You can go over the steps once you’re through reading the personal mission statement examples set out below.
55 Unique Personal Mission Statement Examples to Live Your Purpose and Change Lives
Mission statements are concise, realistic, and engaging, and demonstrate your commitment to follow through. They also answer four primary questions . “ What do I want to do? ” (the mission), “ How will do it?” (action to be taken/talent/skills to be used), “Who am I doing it for?” (the people that will benefit), and “How will that impact lives?” (the desired result for your life or others)
The statements cover a number of key areas, such as academics, career, performance, family life, friendships, community work, personal development, innovations, spirituality, philanthropy, and the environment. Whichever the area of focus, don’t be surprised if you feel a great sense of accomplishment each time you complete what you set out to do. Cross it off and add a new goal or mission to counter.
Let’s now take a look at some personal mission statement examples to help you get the ball rolling. Feel free to use them as a template you can tweak to suit your vision. I’ve also included mission statements by famous people .
- To improve my life by achieving professional and personal success. I will dedicate time and effort to furthering my education, building my career, starting a family, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- To obtain a master’s degree and use it to enter into the right occupation, where I can leverage my knowledge to improve my life and the life of others.
- To use my time-management skills to improve productivity at work and help my employer increase their bottom line. I will also use productivity apps and alerts to reduce procrastination and increase performance.
- To create personal happiness by quitting the habit of dwelling on the past, overthinking things, hastily jumping to conclusions, and being quick to anger. I will work on managing my emotions, letting of the past, and becoming an optimist to achieve the happiness I seek. My loved ones and my relationships will also benefit from my self-improvement.
- Good mental health is necessary to live a happy and productive life. I want to use my writing skills to educate online readers on how to manage stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Today’s students are the leaders of tomorrow. As a teacher, I desire to apply my teaching and mentoring skills to inspire my students to reach their highest potential.
- To use my knowledge and professional skills as a therapist to assist clients in discovering who they are and becoming the best version of themselves.
- To be an agent of positive changes at home, the workplace, and the community at large. I will use my knowledge, talent, and abilities to build a loving family, be the best employee I can be, and help people in need in my community.
- To use my research skills to locate shelters that can provide food and shelter for the homeless and help them find employment.
- To use my passion for entrepreneurship to start a business that focuses on hiring young adult men who are now trying to get a head start in life. Through youth employment, I will be helping to reduce the number of youths out of a job or on the streets because of a lack of education or work experience.
- I’m on a mission to have a leaner body. I will eat healthier foods and reduce my daily calorie intake to lose a maximum of 20 pounds. That will make me feel more confident about my appearance.
- To use my Search Engine Optimization (SEO) skills to rank higher on Google. This way, I’ll drive more traffic to my website, increase brand awareness, and up sales.
- To use my inventing and product design skills to create innovative spinal technology and devices for improving surgical outcomes for patients undergoing back surgery. I will also design brochures featuring tips to help speed up recovery.
- To launch a social media platform and use my environmental expertise to spread awareness of global warming and its effects on the climate. Specifically, I will encourage people to plant trees to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and make the world safer for all.
- To give young men from vulnerable communities an opportunity to vie for a sports college scholarship by using my coaching abilities to teach them basketball. This can also enhance their chances of graduating with a college degree.
- To open a shop and leverage my culinary skills to have another source of income and contribute to the national economic growth. I will create an ambiance that caters to parents and children eager to bond over food and conversations.
- To find happiness within myself by stopping to reflect on how past actions, such as relying on others to make me happy, leaves me feeling needy and angry. I will read self-help books to increase my knowledge of how to love myself more and know that I’m enough.
- To be a better partner and improve the quality and substance of my relationship by improving my listening and speaking skills. My partner will feel more loved and respected, and we’ll have a chance to grow closer.
- To better use my parenting skills to raise emotionally balanced and confident children. They’ll be able to function better at school, work, in relationships, and in the larger community. To achieve this, I’ll be more attentive to their needs and constantly reassure them they are loved and valued.
- To build a reputation for being a trustworthy and reliable employee by committing to getting to work and finishing daily tasks accurately and on time. My chance of promotion in a shorter space of time will increase. I’ll be able to earn more and have more money to take care of my family.
- To live a peaceful life without grudges and resentment toward those who harmed me. I will focus my energy on forgiveness, love, and gratitude to make that desire a reality. Being at peace will help restore and strengthen strained relationships that matter to me.
- To use my podcasting skills to launch a YouTube channel designed for those with mental health problems to have a place to vent their feelings and feel like someone truly cares about them. I’ll provide education, tips, and resources to help them manage their symptoms and seek professional therapy.
- To use my education, knowledge, and skills as a psychotherapist to offer patients a safe place to share their deepest feelings and thoughts. I will help further by providing valuable feedback as part of my mission to improve the lives of my clients.
- To use my social media and communication skills to launch a social media platform, where I’ll post inspirational quotes and memes. Followers will be provided with daily doses of encouraging words to help them get through tough times and feel better about themselves.
- To take advantage of my journalist training and skills to work remotely and be able to simultaneously care for my young children. The mission is intended to promote work-life balance and keep my children in a physically and emotionally stable environment.
- To show my empathy for children from disadvantaged families by starting a charitable organization that will fund breakfast at target schools. The mission is to enhance attentiveness and learning in children who are usually more eager to learn after having a meal.
- To use my love and compassion to help people around me feel better about themselves, especially when they feel sad and downtrodden. I will share personal stories of major challenges I overcame as a way of empowering them to be resilient.
- To use my knowledge of violence against women to educate women near and far about the dangers of staying in abusive relationships. I’ll also provide self-empowerment resources and tools for rebuilding their self-esteem and overcoming helplessness. I’ll also connect them to domestic violence agencies and professionals who can guide them on how to leave safely.
- To positively influence the lives of young girls by encouraging them to graduate high school, finish college, and get the best jobs. My mission is to promote financial independence so they can take control of their own lives.
- To launch a health website like Mayo Clinic and WebMD and use my mental health expertise to provide people with well-researched content on diseases, symptoms, and treatment. I also want to build my integrity as a mental health writer in order to get massive subscriptions to increase financial independence.
- To use my passion for animal protection by volunteering my time to walk a dog from a rescue shelter once a week. Participating in the Doggy Day Out Program is my way of showing love to animals and helping to improve their physical and emotional well-being.
- To work on becoming a better version of myself by developing habits and behaviors that align with my core values and belief system. I will be able to create healthy and satisfying relationships within my family, at work, and in the wider community. Success in establishing meaningful and mutually supportive relationships will mean less stress and more happy days.
- To manage my time well so I can effectively balance work, family, social life, and self-care. With more time for relaxation, I should feel calm and relieved and be able to enjoy an overall better sense of well-being.
- To use the meditation and mindfulness techniques I learned to reduce stress and potential health complications associated with long-term stress. I will eagerly pursue this mission as it will have a positive impact on my psychological and emotional well-being. There’s a chance I could avert anxiety and depression by taking these steps.
- To become a team leader within my company and use my leadership skills to help my employer make important decisions for product improvement, customer service, and giving back to the community.
- To use my interpersonal skills to provide outstanding customer service at work so customers can feel valued. I also intend to leverage my marketing skills to promote my company’s products and services and put them ahead of the competition.
- To stay true to my values and not allow others to take advantage of my empathy. I want to do only the things that align with what I stand for. I will educate myself on how to set and enforce boundaries to make it easier for me to choose to put my needs ahead of others.
- To start a habit of journaling my thoughts, feelings, and emotions to free my mind and increase focus on things that matter most. Journaling will provide a safe place for me to externalize my feelings and understand why I feel that way. I hope to enhance my emotional well-being using this strategy.
- To use my knowledge of SEO to create an e-book and share my knowledge to help aspiring writers become successful SEO and marketing copywriters. More business owners will benefit from their expertise in creating tailored content to help expand their businesses.
- To improve on prioritizing tasks and chores to save time I could divert to developing a new skill that can generate more income. I will achieve this mission by spending less time on social media following celebrity news. I will also stop socializing with people and engaging in activities that don’t add value to my life.
- To create a morning routine that will build momentum for the rest of my day. My routine will include 30 minutes of exercise, reviewing my daily goals, and journaling about one thing I’m grateful for. I will use the routine to get things done quickly and with time to spare to get to work ahead of schedule. Learn How to Create a Morning Routine and Stick to It .
- To write and publish storybooks for children that educate and inspire them to dream big and become the leaders of tomorrow. Helping them find their place in society may translate to a better quality of life and more opportunities for professional success.
- To volunteer to help teachers at a local school, so they could have more time to prepare teaching aids for the students. I also want to take on this initiative to give teachers a break from their hectic routines of educating and keeping our children safe every day.
- To become a life coach and use my passion for helping people live better lives. I will provide information, tools, and resources to inspire them to seek and achieve personal and professional growth.
Personal Mission Statement Examples by Famous People
- “To make people happy.” — Walt Disney (Founder of Disney World)
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
- “To use my gifts of intelligence, charisma, and serial optimism to cultivate the self-worth and net-worth of women around the world.” — Amanda Steinberg (Dailyworth.com )
- “I want to serve the people. And I want every girl, every child to be educated.” — Malala Yousafzai (Nobel Prize laureate and activist)
- “To be a teacher. And to be known for inspiring my students to be more than they thought they could be.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “ To serve as a leader, live a balanced life, and apply ethical principles to make a significant difference.” — Denise Morrison
- “To live life with integrity and empathy, and be a positive force in the lives of others.” — Amy Ziari (“Pasta”)
- “ I want to make it so that every person in the world can afford to start their own business.” — John Rampton (Hostt.com)
- “To constantly be striving to be the best version of myself — in my job, with my health and fitness, with my relationships with family and friends, and with my emotional well-being.” — Katie Arnold (Talk Less, Say More )
- “To develop next-generation diagnostics to provide a better life.” — S anjeev Saxena (POC Medical )
- “ To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Preparing to Write Your Mission Statements
Mission statements become easier to write once you identify your purpose, values, and goals . Brainstorm and write down the things you value most personally and professionally and what life goals reflect those values. You could even list them in order of priority.
Next is to pinpoint your target audience . Pose questions to yourself, like, “Who are the people I want to target and why?” Is it you? Is it family members? Is it people in the community? What makes them special? You’re able to narrow your focus on who will benefit from your plans.
Move on to exploring your skills, talents, abilities, and superpowers . Ask yourself what you’re good at and what personality traits make you unique. Are you empathetic? Do you have the ability to think of innovative ways to improve technology? Jot down the core skills and abilities you will apply in realizing your missions.
The next step is to state how your audience will benefit . Will your goals or community work provide basic needs for a targeted group? Will you use your medical expertise to help improve the health and lives of others?
If you need a tool to assist in the process, the FranklinCovey Mission Statement Builder is a free online tool for creating personal, family, values-focused, and team statements. Remember your mission statements should not interfere with your needs or goals for happiness and fulfillment.
Visualizing Your Goals, Passion, Dreams, and Intentions
You’re now ready to add details to the goals outlined in your mission draft. Once you’re through writing your statements, it’s ready to go to print. You can print them as one chart or individual statements that can serve as flashcards. Keep them close and visible to remind yourself of your quests.
Some people prefer to use vision boards to make it easier for them to visualize and manifest success, good health, and happiness for themselves and others. Some even use personal mission statement generators to make the job easier.
Inspiring Quotes for Personal Mission Statements
Some of us need a bit more prodding and inspiration to get us to do even things that are in our best interest. I thought these quotes might help nudge you in the right direction:
- “The most extraordinary people in the world today don’t have a career. They have a mission.” – Vishen Lakhiani
- “Without a mission statement, you may get to the top of the ladder and then realize it was leaning against the wrong building.” – Dave Ramsey
- “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.” – Abdul Kalam
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
- “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
- “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
Looking for more? Check out these personal mission statement quotes!
Final Thoughts on Personal Mission Statements
It’s easy to plan for all the things we wish to achieve and the people whose lives we want to impact in our minds. Mission statements provide a tangible way to keep your visions, goals, dreams, and aspirations in sight and make it easier to visualize your success.
Your decision to search for personal mission statement examples might be one of your best life decisions yet. The very essence of compiling them is going to change your life for the better . I can tell you from experience that my life has never been the same after documenting the things I wanted to achieve personally and professionally. I've already launched a charity foundation that provides basic necessities to children from vulnerable families.
Prior to having a roadmap, I was all over the place, going through life by sheer guesswork. I hope you leave with greater confidence and eagerness to create a blueprint that’ll help steer your life in the right direction . On that note, I invite you to read 22 Goal Ideas to Set and Achieve for a Better 2022 .
Enter our giveaway for a chance to win cash!
How to Write a Personal Mission Statement
6 Min Read | Jul 7, 2023
You’ve probably seen mission statements everywhere, like walls in company lobbies and inside promotional brochures.
Mission statements define a business or organization’s identity and purpose, and they can go a long way to help a company create a vision for the future.
But did you know you can have a mission statement too? This is called a personal mission statement , and it could be exactly what you need to identify your goals and find the motivation to accomplish them.
If you don’t already have a personal mission statement, there’s no time like the present to write one. Let’s dive into learning why it’s important and how to write a personal mission statement.
What Is a Personal Mission Statement?
A personal mission statement defines who you are as a person (or as a team member where you work) and identifies your purpose—whether that’s on the job or simply in life. It explains where you see yourself in the future, how you plan to pursue that purpose , and why it matters so much to you.
People fail at what they hope to achieve because they lack clear goals and focus. They get distracted and lose sight of their purpose and who they were made to be. In other words, they ignore their personal mission statement. But a successful person will have a rock-solid vision spelled out in their personal mission statement.
Author and career coach Dan Miller says a good mission statement should include three things:
- Your skills and abilities (what you like to do)
- Your personality traits (how you operate)
- Your values, dreams and passions (why you want to excel)
That’s it! It should be just one or two sentences long and say—in simple terms—exactly what you’re all about without any lofty principles tacked on.
Whether you’re a stay-at-home parent, store manager, college student, business executive or truck driver, crafting a personal mission statement will serve you well in life. Everyone should have one.
Why a Personal Mission Statement Is Useful
A personal mission statement is important because it helps you focus on your character and figure out how to meet your long-term goals . It’s like a guidepost for where you want to go in life and who you want to be.
A personal mission statement keeps you from wandering off track. For example, if a decision you’re considering doesn’t fit in the picture of your personal mission statement, you shouldn’t follow through with it. Something may be a cool idea or interesting opportunity, but that doesn’t mean you need to commit to it or even bring it into your life. On the other hand, having a personal mission statement can help you know when it’s time to make a change or take that leap.
I love a good sports visual, so think of it this way: A good mission statement marks what’s in bounds or out of bounds. If your passion is teaching, is it really in the bounds to work a job that doesn’t involve sharing information with people? Be realistic here, and don’t set yourself up for failure.
Writing a personal mission statement seems pretty straightforward. But to do it well, it actually requires a lot of effort and thoughtfulness to create. So take some time to think about and write down how each of Miller’s three areas apply to you. That lays a good foundation for crafting your mission statement.
Want to build a non-anxious life? Learn how in Dr. John Delony’s new book.
Think about your life principles and goals . Why did you set these goals? How do your goals make you a better person or help you improve your career ? The personal mission statement should answer these questions in 50 words or less, so try to get to the heart of who you are and leave out unnecessary details. Don’t worry if your statement doesn’t mirror someone else’s—every statement should be unique because no two people are the same.
Putting Your Personal Mission Statement to Use
Once you have a written mission statement, start using it. Frame it and put a copy in your home or office so you see it often. You want to surround yourself with your own positive attitude.
Not only should you live according to your personal mission statement, but it’s also important that others know about it. You want people to know you’ll live up to what you wrote, so spread the news. Accountability from those closest to you will help you stick to it.
Personal Mission Statement Examples
Speaking of letting people know, our mission statement here at Ramsey Solutions is posted throughout the building, and every team member is required to know it like the back of their hand. It’s why we exist. It goes like this:
“We provide biblically based, commonsense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life.”
But that’s a business mission statement. Personal mission statement examples will look a little bit different. Here are a few examples of personal mission statements from successful CEOs in business:
- “I want to be a teacher. And to be known for inspiring my students to be more than they thought they could be.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “To have fun in [my] journey through life and learn from [my] mistakes.” — Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group
- “To use my gifts of intelligence, charisma, and serial optimism to cultivate the self-worth and net-worth of women around the world.” — Amanda Steinberg, founder of DailyWorth
And here are a few other mission statements from some well-known nonprofits:
- “Inspiring hope and promoting health through integrated clinical practice, education and research.” — Mayo Clinic
- “Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.” — Habitat for Humanity
- “PBS empowers individuals to achieve their potential and strengthen the social, democratic, and cultural health of the U.S.” — Public Broadcasting System (PBS)
Take the Next Step in Writing Your Personal Mission Statement
Ready to start working on your own personal mission statement? Having your purpose written down will add value and productivity to your life, so get started today.
Want to better understand your personal strengths so you can write a better mission statement? Check out my Get Clear Career Assessment . It’s all done online, so you can take the test and get your results instantly. Then, let the mission statement writing begin.
Did you find this article helpful? Share it!
About the author
Ken Coleman is a career expert and author of the national bestselling book From Paycheck to Purpose and the #1 national bestseller The Proximity Principle. He hosts The Ken Coleman Show, a nationally syndicated, caller-driven show that helps listeners discover what they were born to do. Ken makes regular appearances on Fox News, and he co-hosts The Ramsey Show, the second-largest talk show in the nation. Through his speaking, broadcasting and syndicated columns, Ken gives people expert career advice, providing strategic steps to grow professionally, land their dream job, and get promoted. Learn More.
How to Set Financial Goals: 6 Steps
Want to make more progress with your money? Setting the right financial goals is the first step!
How to Have a Growth Mindset to Achieve Your Goals
Need a mindset reset? Let’s talk about what a growth mindset is, why it’s important to your success, and how you can train yourself to have one.
How to Write a Personal Mission Statement
Tips for writing a declaration of your unique direction or purpose..
Posted June 23, 2021 | Reviewed by Chloe Williams
- A personal mission statement makes clear what one wants to do and how to do it, which can provide clarity on how to live a fulfilling life.
- To gain clarity on their mission, people can ask themselves questions, such as what impact they want to have and what makes them feel alive.
- People can also reflect on the values that drive them and their goals in the shorter and longer term, which should align with their mission.
A personal mission statement is a written declaration of our unique direction or purpose. This statement makes it clear not just what you intend to do in this world, but how you intend to do it. It's sometimes just one sentence, but it can be as long as you want.
Each of us has our own unique core values , purpose, and desired direction, but often we don’t know exactly what they are. That’s why we can benefit from having a mission statement—something that gives us clarity about how we want to live our lives and ultimately achieve personal fulfillment and well-being. Writing a mission statement can help us get clear on our values and better understand whether we are spending our time in the best ways. It can also provide a sense of inner stability during times of change (Searight & Searight, 2011).
What’s Your Personal Mission?
Many of us have spent little time thinking about our personal mission in life. We're too busy dealing with immediate, urgent tasks to think about what we want to do in this life and where we want to end up. As a result, we might feel this low level of discontent—we know the way we are living our lives is not making us happy, but we’re not sure why. Thinking about our mission can be one way to begin to resolve this discontent.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself to explore your mission:
- What impact do you want to have in the world?
- How do you want to make an impact?
- Who do you want to have an impact on?
- What makes you feel most happy and alive?
Answering these questions can help you gain more clarity on your life’s mission.
Tip: Think of the End and Work Backward
Another way to gain more clarity on what you want to do in life is to think about the end of your life and what you hope to have accomplished. Then, work backward. Some people have suggested that we could imagine attending our own funeral. Think about what would be said in the eulogy and whether it reflects your values and personal goals (Searight & Searight, 2011). If you find that the eulogy of today's version of you isn't what you really want, clarify for yourself what you do want and consider how your mission statement may guide you to that end goal.
What Are Your Values?
Next, ask yourself, what are your values? That is, what are the underlying personality traits , beliefs, or experiences that drive you and make you feel like you?
Some values might be love, freedom, creativity , kindness , adventure, loyalty, etc...
Make sure that your mission reflects these values so that you don’t end up pursuing a goal in ways that are not a good fit for your values. This way, you'll have a better chance of feeling more fulfilled as you strive to achieve your mission.
What Are Your Goals?
In addition to your values, it can be helpful to get even more clear on your goals. It can be easy to focus on short-term goals, but thinking about medium-term and long-term goals can help you make sure your short-term goals don’t lead you astray.
Ask yourself a few quick questions about your goals:
- What do you want to have accomplished in one year? Five years? Ten years? Twenty years?
- Where do you want to be in one year? Five years? Ten years? Twenty years?
- How do you want to be spending your time in one year? Five years? Ten years? Twenty years?
Take a moment to think about your short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals like a pathway. Ask yourself, how will your current goals lead to medium-term goals, and how will those lead to your longer-term goals?
Write Your Personal Mission Statement
Sometimes a personal mission statement is just one sentence. In that case, it could be:
To do [X Action] for [Y group of people] to [have Z impact] with [optional: other details].
It’s okay to revise, rewrite, or make it longer. For most of us, creating a personal mission statement takes some work. This process doesn't have to be a "one and done." In fact, it is quite common for personal mission statements to change and evolve over time, just as we do (Li, Frohna, & Bostwick, 2017).
Adapted from an article published by The Berkeley Well-Being Institute .
Tchiki Davis, Ph.D. , is a consultant, writer, and expert on well-being technology.
- Find a Therapist
- Find a Treatment Center
- Find a Psychiatrist
- Find a Support Group
- Find Teletherapy
- United States
- Brooklyn, NY
- Chicago, IL
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY
- Portland, OR
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Washington, DC
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Pain
- Eating Disorders
- Passive Aggression
- Goal Setting
- Positive Psychology
- Stopping Smoking
- Low Sexual Desire
- Child Development
- Therapy Center NEW
- Diagnosis Dictionary
- Types of Therapy
As the lines between real and fake blur, Americans increasingly chase the idea of authenticity. The first step may be to consider self-knowledge, truthfulness, and other building blocks on the road to personal growth.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Affective Forecasting
Home » Business » 50 Best Personal Mission Statement Examples
50 Best Personal Mission Statement Examples
Having your own personal mission statement is a powerful tool for self-development. It is a tool that guides your actions, planning and decision-making. A good mission statement should mention your core values, vision, beliefs, and long-term goals.
Let’s briefly review how to write a personal mission statement, then look at 50 examples to help you get started, organized by category:
For Life For College Students For High School Students For Teachers For Leaders
3 Steps To Writing Your Personal Mission Statement
- Think about the things that are most important to you. What are you passionate about? What are your career goals, personal values, and big picture beliefs?
- Review samples and consider using a personal mission statement template or these personal mission statement examples for inspiration.
- Write a short paragraph of 2-5 sentences outlining your goal and how you are going to get there. Be as descriptive as possible.
Personal Mission Statement Examples
1. “This year, I will dedicate myself to finally losing weight. I will eat right on a daily basis. By doing this, I will gradually lose weight and eventually reach my fitness goals. I will also dedicate myself to daily exercise. I will never skip a day and do whatever it takes to make this a reality. I will also work on my mindset by continually motivating myself with positive affirmations and thinking…”
2. “To repair the damage I have done to family members through my actions. To build real relationships and deeper connections with these people. To make up for the mistakes of the past and apologize for what I have done. In addition to this, I’d also like to reach out to people in my community and forge closer ties with them. Finally, I’d like to assist with various charities and community development projects in my area…”
3. “I want to reach a deeper level of spirituality and inner peace. To find the guiding light which leads towards my North star. To live in harmony and grace with mother nature and with everything and everyone around me. To remain grounded and remind myself how lucky I am. To move into deeper and deeper levels of spiritual bliss. To show others how to do the same and achieve their own goals of gratitude and stillness…”
4. “To use my gifts of intelligence for the benefit and improvement of others. To make use of the wisdom, knowledge, and logical thinking capabilities which God has given me. To put these skills into action and find a way to do good in the world. To assist others in overcoming burdens and reaching their true potential…”
5. “The purpose of this personal statement is to bring balance to my life. My biggest goal right now is to live a balanced life where I can maintain equilibrium between work, play, and friendship. I’d like to stop existing for work and living only for the weekend. Instead, I want to live a stress-free life where I have enough time to relax and pursue my personal goals. By doing this, I also hope to improve my health, vitality, and spiritual well-being…”
6. “To achieve my own personal definition of success and avoid backsliding into old and harmful behaviors. My idea of personal success is something I have yet to discover. At the moment, my goal is simply to continue my journey through life until I find something which inspires me. The goal when doing this is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I’d also like to learn how to maintain healthy boundaries with other people. Especially those who would seek to harm or control me…”
7. “I want to be a more courageous, outgoing, and positive person. The type of person who always looks on the bright side and sees the glass as half full. The type of person who lives life in a state of serial optimism and truly believes that the best is yet to come! I want to become someone who only thinks positively. I’d like to free myself from the chains of the past!”
8. “To become the best version of myself and overcome the personal challenges I face right now. I’d like to stop living a life in which I manifest the worst possible version of myself. I want to see and experience everything of which I am truly capable of. I want to overcome the negative habits and thought patterns that are holding me back. Only by doing this can I become the person I was always meant to be…”
9. “My personal mission is to enhance the lives of others by making the world a better place. I truly believe that world peace is possible in our lifetimes. The reason why there is strife, war, and discord is simply because people are struggling. All over the world, billions of people are living in desperate poverty. The key to changing the world is simply to help these people. By dedicating my life to charity work, I will create a measurable difference in their lives…”
10. “To always make the right decision and thereby live a better everyday life. My biggest problem in life is that I am far too sloppy when it comes to decision-making. This has to change right now. I am going to become the type of person who can make the best decision every time. Not only that, I want to learn how to do this in only a few seconds—the reason why is because I am sick to death of putting off difficult choices. I want to learn how to make the right decisions. I am also sick of my endless procrastination…”
For College Students
11. “To stop wasting time on video games and put my studies first. My grades and relationships have suffered due to this addiction. From now on, I will limit myself to seven hours per week. Although this may be difficult at first, the stakes are too great. Unless I am able to overcome this problem, I will never live life to its fullest. By the end of this year, I hope to be completely free of video games…”
12. “To stay focused and follow my long-term life goals of getting a good education and making something of myself. For too long, I have drifted mindlessly without an actual plan for my education. This has led to substandard grades, which I am no longer happy with. From now on, I will create actual goals to be able to do well in school. I will also break these down into daily, weekly, monthly milestones for myself…”
13. “To sort out my personal life and put more focus on my studies and goals. From now on, I will never make the same mistake twice. I will stop spending time with negative people. Instead, I will surround myself with positivity and use this energy to create the environment I’ve always deserved. Although this may take hard work, I am more than willing to put in the time, effort, and sacrifice…”
14. “My vision is to continuously move forward instead of focusing on things which hold me back. For too long, I have dwelt on past mistakes. Starting today, I will no longer live like this. Instead, I will set my sails in the right direction and only do things that benefit me. I will think positively. As long as I can stick to this, success is guaranteed…”
15. “To always put the first step first. To do this instead of worrying about the next, or about what could happen. I will remove all negative emotions which hold me back. Any action which causes fear, doubt, or stress will be eliminated. I will focus exclusively on positive actions which create positive emotions. With these actions, I will generate the spiritual energy needed to achieve my wishes. I will live a life that is happier, more fulfilled, and less unstable. I will make this a reality for myself…”
For High School Students
16. “To stay true to my most important values and to myself in the face of peer pressure and my desire to fit in with others. No matter what, I will never be ashamed of who I am. I am a child of God and He made me this way. I am special and loved. I will use this realization to stay strong, no matter how difficult it becomes…”
17. “To stay true to my own personal vision and quit chasing other people’s dreams. My goal in life is to start focusing on my own dreams. I want to stop helping other people achieve their goals while ignoring my own. I will do this by learning how to say no to people. I will do this by increasing my self-esteem and confidence. This may be difficult at first, but if I persist, it will become easier…”
18. “To live my life according to the following questions: What is right? What is honest? What is true? Too many people are liars without a moral compass. This is especially true in today’s society. My mission is to be different. I’d like to strive for honesty and truth in all of my dealings, which is why I live my life according to these questions…”
19. “My personal vision statement involves following the trail of successful people in order to achieve my highest personal goals. I believe that success leaves clues. The key to becoming successful is simply to follow these clues. To this end, I will study the lives of successful people and implement the lessons they impart. This way, I can achieve the best probable outcome. By doing this, I hope to follow in their footsteps…”
20. “To develop the specific behaviors which will lead me to success. Over time I will discover these behaviors and practice them until they are hard-wired into my psyche. These include values such as goal setting, self-discipline, and hard work. I will do what it takes to become a better person. By doing this, life becomes easy. What’s more, my success is almost assured…”
21. “To achieve my ultimate goals and do great things with my life. I have always been a highly ambitious person who chases after goals. I want to achieve more than other people have ever dreamed of. I know I can do this. It’s simply a matter of persisting and putting my mind to it!”
22. “My personal vision statement emphasizes the importance of doing the right things at the right time. I feel that the biggest reason why people fail is poor decision-making. Difficult decisions are put off or otherwise made too quickly. My goal is to avoid this and do exactly what needs to be done, exactly when it needs to be done. This is something which is often seen in a company vision statement, and with this philosophy, I will lead a better life and achieve my goals…”
23. “My own personal mission statement revolves around building habits through discipline. This way, I can achieve my long and short-term goals. My personal belief is that we are the sum of our habits. The attainment of personal success relies upon creating these habits. It’s possible to do anything as long as you have the right habits. I will work every day to build the habits needed for success…”
24. “My own statement for personal success is this: the only way to get what you want is by helping others get what they want. The bottom line is that those who are genuinely willing to help will never struggle. Every person you help will one day help you…”
25. “To make a significant difference in the lives of inner-city school children by working tirelessly to improve their literacy rates. I’d like to dedicate my life to combatting this little-known problem. Too many inner-city kids are being pushed through school without even knowing how to read. This is something which we cannot allow to continue. My goal in life is to put a stop to this…”
26. “My greatest desire is to overcome burnout. I need to start managing my work-life balance. My main reason for doing this is because I want to pursue my own goals outside of school time. My other goal is to work hard towards removing the sources of stress in my life. Eventually, I’d like to reach a point where I am almost entirely free of stress and worry…”
27. “To advance along my career path as quickly as possible. My deepest desire is to become an assistant principal before the age of 40. I believe this goal is attainable. This is true, no matter how impossible it may seem today. As long as I work hard and continue to improve myself, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t happen…”
28. “To find the fastest and best way to complete the task at hand. I believe that efficiency is the key to success. Those who work more efficiently are able to do more and thus achieve more. My goal is to find ways to continuously improve efficiency. This way, I will become the top teacher at school. By doing this, I will also be able to be promoted into school administration…”
29. “To stop putting off big decisions and be more proactive when it comes to my career decisions. I will no longer procrastinate and avoid what needs to be done. Instead, I will act proactively and take charge of my career. I will no longer rely on other people to give me handouts. I will make things happen for myself. I will do whatever it takes to pursue my destiny and reach the apex of academia…”
30. “I believe that knowledge is power. I also believe that world-changing information is mostly inaccessible to the masses. The goal of my life is to remedy this. I want to make information freely available to all my students. No matter what their economic background. I will do this by creating a system that enables my students to…”
31. “To continually search for the next step so that I can burst through the barriers which are holding my students back from reaching their full potentials. To find new and innovative ways of doing things to help them get excited about learning. To strive for innovation in the classroom. To be an idea generator to whom my students look to for inspiration. To come up with new and insightful ways of doing things…”
32. “To be the team member who contributes the most to this organization. My goal is to ascend the career ladder as fast as possible. In order to achieve this, I will become the most valuable person in this organization. I will do this by offering the greatest contribution to this company and becoming an indispensable employee. When important decisions need to be made, the team will come to me…”
33. “I want to become the world’s highest-paid personal development coach and eclipse the career of Stephen R. Covey. I want to become the next Tony Robbins and be as equally famous, rich, and successful. To do this, I will create the world’s most sophisticated personal development programs. Along with this, I will become a master of sales, marketing, and advertising. Using these skills, I will sell millions of dollars of my products…”
34. “To increase the net-worth of women so that they can achieve financial dependence and free themselves from crippling debt. To show these women how to wisely invest their money and get maximum returns. To help them become millionaires. I’d also like to have a positive impact on the lives of young girls by teaching them how to properly manage their money…”
35. “I work in an industry which is known for its dishonestly. The goal of my own mission statement is to remind myself that we need to do better. To this end, I’d like to begin by implementing ethical principles in my professional life. I’d like to learn how to operate from a position of total honestly and truthfulness. By doing this, I hope to reform this industry and encourage others to do the same…”
36. “My goal is to become Chicago’s highest-paid business insider. I want to become the most knowledgeable person when it comes to local business. The purpose of doing this is so that I can become the city’s most popular business consultant. By having insider knowledge, I am sure to attract the region’s most valuable consulting clients…”
37. “My goal is to become the world leader in sustainable energy. I want to build a Fortune 500 company that heals instead of hurts the planet. By doing this, I hope to play a major role in the fight against global warming and climate change. It is my hope that our company will serve as a beacon of hope for people around the world. I want to show them that anything is possible if enough people come together to change things. My goal is to achieve all this by 2030…”
38. “I want to become a highly successful social media influencer and vlogger. I know that in order to do this, I have to be bigger and better than everyone else. I will achieve this goal by having the type of life experiences which make other people jealous…”
39. “My goal in life is to become one of the world’s highest-paid SEO experts. I will do this by developing a great tool for SEO that saves time, money, and effort. My mission is to create the next generation of SEO tools and that these will be used by millions of people. Along with this, I will build one of the biggest SEO service companies in the world. I will also create a corporate mission statement which imparts these values to my staff…”
40. “To create positive change for my clients and help them improve the hiring process. Too many companies fail because they hire the wrong people. I’d like to put a stop to this and help these companies succeed. I will do this in my capacity as a recruitment expert and consultant…”
41. “My biggest goal in life is to develop my own personal brand. With this brand, I will create a business that generates more than 10 million dollars per year in revenue. The reason why I want to earn this type of money is so that I can enjoy the good life. You only live once, and I’d like to travel the world, eat good food, and experience the best that life has to offer…”
42. “To discover the one great idea which can forever alter my business career and also improve the lives of others. I believe that the ultimate shortcut to success is finding one life-changing idea. By doing this, I could potentially become a millionaire overnight. My entire life will be consumed by discovering this. I refuse to give up until it happens…”
43. “To provide the highest quality of customer service seen in my industry. By doing this, I will build a tribe of fanatical customers and buyers. These people will stay loyal to my business and help me become an industry leader. I’d also like to give back to the people who helped me along the way…”
44. “To become a social media maven and gain 100 million followers across all accounts. I want to become the world’s first social media billionaire. When people think of social media, I want them to think of me. Once this is achieved, I’d like to convert this following into mainstream fame. My ultimate goal is to launch a global brand that becomes a household name. I will dedicate myself to working non-stop until this goal is achieved…”
45. “I’d like to become one of the most famous and renowned scientists in my field. To achieve this goal, I will do my best to help people through the application of science and technology. By doing this, I will create a better world for all mankind. Hopefully, this will bring me to the attention of my peers, and one day I will win a Nobel Prize for my efforts. Towards the end of my career, I’d like to give back by entering a teaching position. I will do this at a college like Harvard or Oxford…”
46. “To create a truly customer-centric company that provides the best customer service possible. My experience in the service industry has taught me that very few businesses provide true and honest customer service. Most customers are treated as an irritation. Businesses are only interested in the customers’ money. I feel that by changing this, I can place myself ahead of the competition and build a million-dollar company…”
47. “My goal is to build New York’s most prestigious creative agency. After years in this field, I’ve come to understand that good ideas are the foundation of this business. This is why my primary task from now on is to generate these ideas. I will spend at least an hour per day working on this. I will do whatever it takes to increase my creative abilities. I will do whatever it takes to come up with innovative concepts. Only by following this plan can my agency grow and retain high-value clients…”
48. “My greatest dream in life is to build a profitable low-cost airline. To do this, I will follow the exact same mission of Southwest Airlines and create a similar company vision statement. This is essentially to provide the best value for money, and to emphasize customer happiness and satisfaction I will achieve this by training staff to the highest standards possible. This mission also includes actually listening to customers. This way, I can continually improve my service and stay ahead of the competition…”
49. “My ultimate purpose is to become the top life insurance salesman in my state. The reason why I want to do this is so that I can reap the financial rewards. In order to achieve this goal, I will sell more policies than anyone in my area and provide superior customer service. I will wake up every day with a plan for my work and schedule every minute of the day. I am prepared to work seven days a week if that’s what it takes. I will never accept ‘no’ for an answer and keep pushing until the deal is closed…”
50. “I want to find a great way to save significant time on the tax return process. I want to make filing taxes effortless. I want to find a way to make taxes easier for everyone. The reason why I want to do this is because I genuinely have a desire to help people. I’ve seen first-hand what people go through during tax time. I’d like to put a stop to this suffering…”
Famous People’s Personal Mission Statements
“ To bring joy and happiness to other people. ” Walt Disney
“ To do more than survive, but to grow and live with passion, while meeting life with compassion, humor, and style. ” Maya Angelou
“ If something means enough to you it should be pursued, even if you’re likely to fail. ” Elon Musk
“ To live a life without fear or ill will for any person. To refuse to submit to injustice. To conquer untruth with truth, and by doing this to put up with any kind of suffering. ” Mahatma Gandhi
“ Love God and everyone around you. ” Joel Manby
“ To serve and help others. To facilitate the education of every girl on planet earth. ” Malala Yousafzai
“ To be successful, start thinking about yourself as a personal brand. ” William Arruda
“ To be the best leader possible, maintain a work life balance, and maintain integrity at all times. ” Denise Morrison
“ To use my intelligence, charm, and optimism to help women raise their self-confidence, esteem, and worth. ” Amanda Steinberg
“ To never repeat a mistake and have fun along the way. ” Richard Branson
“ To be a teacher of others and inspire students to go beyond their limitations. ” Oprah Winfrey
The key to creating a great mission statement is to focus on the things that get your blood pumping. What gets you up in the morning and jumping for joy? Use the above examples of personal mission statements to guide you.
- A Look at Southwest Airlines Mission Statement: 10…
- 21 Great Family Mission Statement Examples
- Apple's Mission Statement and Vision Statement Explained
- 14 Core Values of Amazon: Its Mission and Vision Statement