- Online Writing Clubs
- Online Book Clubs
- Face-to-Face Writing Clubs
- Face to Face Holiday Workshops
- Online Holiday Workshops
- 11-Plus Workshops – Weekly
- 11-plus (Saturdays)
- 11-Plus Sunday Course
- 11-Plus Holiday Workshops
Creative writing workshops North London
Our clubs at a glance…
Maps… maps… maps
Saturday 15th September
Creative Writing Finchley N2
Caroline Green – Author Workshop
Thank You Tatum Flynn!
Poetry at The Story Room
SUMMER COMPETITION WINNERS 2017
SUMMER WRITING COMPETITION!
- Schedule of date – September to December
- Draw with Rob – review
- HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY STORY ROOM !
- 10 words for your 11-plus child to learn
- Our Summer ONLINE workshops at a glance
Join us on Facebook
Join us on twitter, sign up to our newsletter.
The Story Room
@ 2021 Story Room | www.lucyswebdesigns.co.uk
Top 10 Best Creative Writing Courses in London (2022 Update)
Writing is one of the most crucial and widely applicable skills one can have, along with being a timeless art form..
Read more posts by this author.
Whether you are a new or experienced writer, there’s a creative writing course you can benefit from. No matter what your creative goals are, these courses can help you brainstorm and stimulate your creative thinking.
The Top 10 Creative Writing Courses in London are:
Creative Writing Workshop with Articulate
Women's creative writing group with articulate, beginners’ fiction, novel writing in 3 months, creative writing intensive- 5 day workshop, ‘get that novel started’ creative writing course, virtual 1 hour creative writing workshop, live online: the decisive moment: writing a personal essay, write and shine summer program- transit, virtual space to write mondays.
Location: Hampstead, North West London
Get down to the nuts and bolts of creative writing in fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. In this class you will explore the various aspects of what it takes to be a creative writer.
With the guidance of Ruth, your talented tutor, you will develop techniques which will allow you to build your characters, setting, story arc, dialogue, research skills and so much more. Master the editing process and get valuable feedback and critique.
Ruth V Jarvis is a skilled author, editor and script consultant. Ruth understands the key components to develop and encourage others to build a solid foundation in their writing practice and bring their stories to life.
This women's creative writing group is yet another amazing creative writing experience run by Ruth at Articulate. This creative writing course for women of all ages will encourage you to write creatively by exploring the expression of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry.
This course is an LGBTQ+ friendly space that aims to build confidence and relationships through sharing students work and ideas. As well as celebrating your favourite women authors, you will also share your creativity and develop various writing techniques such as dialogue, setting, story line and so much more.
Location: West London & Online
London’s very own Faber Academy offers this 12-week long, brilliant creative writing course for beginners. It runs from 22nd September to 8th December, with weekly sessions taking place every Wednesday.
The aim of the course is to teach you how to read like a writer, while developing your writing and literary skills. Each student will have the opportunity to have their work read and discussed during the workshop. By the end of the workshop, you would have written two short stories or the beginning of a novel. If you’re experiencing writer’s block and need to get the juices flowing, head on over.
Location: Central London & Online
This 3 month novel writing course offered by the Curtis Brown creative team for a reasonable price will help you complete that novel you’ve been thinking about, and even get a chance to publish! The course offers weekly writing workshops and teaching sessions on topics such as creating memorable characters, developing strong arcs, and writing authentic dialogue.
Furthermore, students will participate in workshops given by professional publishers, a major author, and literary agents. One on one interviews and tutoring sessions will provide you with the necessary feedback to improve your chances of publishing your novel! The course will have a hybrid mode of instruction with classes taking place on Tuesday evenings, alternating between a spacious venue in London and zoom. Sign up today and pursue your dream of becoming a possibly published author!
Location: Central London
As part of their Summer Schools and Intensives programs, City Academy is offering a 5 day intensive creating writing workshop for beginners. Seriously, all you need is a rough idea to work on, nothing else required.
If you have always wanted to try your hand at this, but never knew where to begin, consider this course. They walk you through various writing techniques and formats, with an expert tutor providing guidance along the way.
Location: South East London
This 6 week long course is suitable for beginners or experienced writers, with a variety of genres to choose from. The course will teach you key concepts such as character building, structure, framework, plot, theme, and drama.
In addition, you will work with other students by sharing your work and critiquing each other’s pieces to gain confidence, develop discipline and work ethic necessary for a writer. By the end of the course, you will have the first 10,000 words of your novel inked with many more ready to be written!
Location: Live Online Event
Join the lovely Diane Chandler, winner of the 2016 People’s Book Prize for Fiction and host of this workshop, for an engaging, one-off creative writing workshop. As part of the Creative Workshops London series, this workshop is being offered online only.
The maximum number of people in one workshop session is six people, to ensure maximum personal feedback for everyone. For those of you who have very little time and would prefer an online option, don’t miss out on this one!
This session walks you through the basics of writing a personal essay, and the nuances of it. It is being offered by the London Lit Lab and will be held on Zoom for 2.5 hours, on Saturday 10th July. The objective of the course is to teach participants how to take a decisive moment in their life and weave it into a personal essay.
The tutor Julia Bell is a published writer and a teacher, in Birkbeck where she is the course director for the MA Creative Writing program. Great personal essays can be very tough to write, and this would be a useful class to develop your skills for it.
Location: Virtual Class
The Write and Shine Program runs throughout the year, and is back this summer. They have a variety of classes on offer, and the running theme is that of writing about places, and cities in particular.
The session takes place virtually, in the morning hours. The Transit workshop is scheduled for 22nd July and focuses on different modes of transport and traveling. If you have the travel bug or wanderlust, you wouldn’t want to miss this one- it might even help you get a travelogue going.
Creative Writes is offering an amazing opportunity to get your creative juices flowing at a very friendly price! The offered course will guide you through fun, and creative free flow writing exercises covering a range of content and themes. Join in on the sessions from 3-4pm on Mondays and give your mind an unwinding, creative workout!
Need more advice?
Enjoyed reading about the top 10 creative writing courses in London? Take a read of some of our other amazing guides and best round ups below. We're sure you'll find something useful, oh - and don't forget to share the love. Obby out.
- 10 Things To Do and Learn in London 2021
- Top 7 Best Wreath Making Kits (Beginners Starter Sets)
- Top 8 Best Horticulture & Gardening Courses In London
- Top 10 Best Yoga Classes in London
- Top 10 Best Dance Classes in London
- +44(0)20 7042 8833 | [email protected]
- Gift Vouchers
- | MEMBERS AREA
Hire A SPACE
- FIND A CLASS
- Screen Acting
- Musical Theatre
- Comedy & Stand Up
- Improvisation Classes
- Art & Drawing
- Film School
- Voice & Accent
- Life and Professional Skills Training
- TV and Media Training
- Fitness & Wellbeing
- Music Lessons
- Foundation and Intensives
- Summer Schools
- Industry Courses
- City Academy Choirs
- Musical Theatre Companies
- Dance Companies
- Theatre Companies
- Perform on Stage
Business Courses For You
- Presentation Skills
- Public Speaking
- Communication Skills
- Improvisation Training
- Presence and Impact
- Interview Skills
- Business Writing
- Conflict Resolution
- Influencing Skills
- Voice Training
- Media Training
- Client Relationship Skills
- Accent Softening
Business Training for Your Team
- Team Building
- Case Studies
- Our Business Trainers
- Book Your Free Consultation
- FIND MY CLASS
- Dance Classes
- Singing Lessons
- Acting Classes
- Photography Classes
- Musical Theatre Classes
- Life Skills Training
- Comedy & Stand Up Courses
- Voice & Accent Classes
- Hire a Space
- What’s On
- Business Training
- Special Offers
- Community & News
- Gift Voucher
- Covid-19 Update
- YOUR ACCOUNT
- MEMBERS AREA
- All classes |
- Writing courses
Writing Courses -->
Our adult Writing Courses give you the opportunity to develop new writing skills in a welcoming and friendly environment.
Whether you want to refine your writing skills or try something completely new, we have the Writing Course for you.
For beginners to the world of writing, we recommend one of our Creative Writing , Script Writing or Sitcom Writing courses. If you’re looking for something as a great foundation, why not try our 5 Day Creative Writing Intensive Course ?
Alternatively, we have specialist Writing Courses in Poetry Writing , Writing for Film , Novel Writing , Blogging , Business Writing , Writing for TV , Poetry , or Children's Writing .
All of our classes are based in central London and offer one-to-one support from a professional writer, so you are guided and supported throughout.
Kick-start your writing, whether you have an existing idea that you would like to develop or you’re still looking for inspiration on our Creative Writing Summer School
Sign up for our
Tailored news, the latest offers and industry advice straight to your inbox.
Tick here to confirm that you wish to receive emails from City Academy
Search results for “ free creative writing workshops ”
Creative Writing Workshops in Pimlico
Tomorrow • 10:00 AM
Creative Writing Workshop
Thu, Dec 14 • 6:00 PM
Creative Writing Workshop : Creating a Powerful Setting
Mon, Mar 4 • 7:00 PM
Chiswick High Road
Creative Writing Workshop : Plotting your Page-turner
Fri, Mar 1 • 10:30 AM
Creative Writing Kitchen Table Workshop : Plotting your Page-turner
Mon, Feb 26 • 7:00 PM
Creative Writing Kitchen Table Workshop : Creating Great Characters
Mon, Feb 19 • 7:00 PM
Creative Writing Kitchen Table Workshop : Creating a Powerful Setting
Fri, Mar 8 • 10:30 AM
Creative Writing Kitchen Table Workshop: Creating Knockout Dialogue
Mon, Mar 11 • 7:00 PM
Thursday • 10:00 AM + 5 more
Southwark Wellbeing Hub
Creative Writing: Writer's workshops
Sat, Feb 24 • 11:00 AM + 4 more
Watford Fire Station
Creative Writing Classes
Mon, Jan 8 • 10:00 AM
Sevenoaks Unitarian Meeting Place, 5 Westerham Road, Bessels Green Road, Riverhead, Sevenoaks, UK
Freeing Creative Voice Conference
Sat, Dec 16 • 9:30 AM
Goldsmiths, University of London
Pen to Print: Creative Writing Classes (In-person)
Sat, Dec 16 • 10:00 AM
Barking Learning Centre
Kids Half Term Creative Writing Workshop
Mon, Feb 19 • 10:30 AM
Leigh Community Centre
Free Creative Workshops and Exhibition
Tuesday • 6:00 PM + 3 more
Angel Yard Edmonton, Snells Park, London, UK
IHALC Workshop: Creative Feedback
Thu, Dec 14 • 9:00 AM
Fora - Clerkenwell
Mon, Jan 8 • 1:30 PM
St James Church
An Introduction to Novel writing by Indie Novella
Sat, Dec 9 • 10:45 AM
Islington Central Library
Writing Workshop Series with Poet Jess Murrain
Wednesday • 10:30 AM + 2 more
Journaling and Writing Workshop
Sat, Jan 6 • 2:00 PM
Shoebury HUB 151
Things to do around London
Creative Writes - Creative Writing Workshops - London
What we’re about
Creative Writes has been providing regular creative writing workshops across London since 2009. We had a wonderful year of celebrating our tenth Birthday in 2019, including a very special Words & Wine evening in March of that year. The groups provide a welcoming and supportive environment for writers at all levels, giving you space to write.
We are based in Muswell Hill, North London, N10.
We moved our workshops online during the first lockdown in 2020. The programme we offered was Space to Write Mondays & Free Flow Fridays weekly and Words & Wine fortnightly,
In 2023, we are delighted to now offer a varied programme of online and in person workshops; Space to Write Mondays online (weekly), Walk & Write (monthly at weekends) at North London outdoor spaces & landmarks, Words & Wine online (monthly) and in person at various North London venues. Please see Meetup & our Creative Writes website for info and booking: https://www.creativewrites.co.uk/courses/
You do not need to prepare anything before attending. All you need is an open mind and your favourite notebook & pens! The workshops are for anyone aged 18 and over. Nichola is the group facilitator and will guide you through a series of fast paced creative writing exercises.
The groups are small, supportive, motivational and tailor-made. We begin by developing our own voice & stories. The focus is not on critique but on the writing itself - exploring and enjoying the process.
Upcoming events (4)
Creative Writes Space to Write Workshops have been going strong every Monday afternoon on Zoom since the first lockdown in 2020.
There is a new Theme each time. Groups are small & supportive. You will be guided through a series of fast paced free flows. No previous experience needed.
We meet online at 3pm for an hour.
Hope to see you on Monday 4 December 2023 for our Online Space to Write Creative Writing Workshop.
Full Zoom details will be sent to everyone who has booked a place.
Space To Write Workshops are *£16 for individual workshops and £140 for our bundle of ten workshops (which is just £14 per workshop and valid for 5 months from day of purchase).
*Please note, Meetup now charge a transaction fee on each booking - this fee has been added to the Creative Writes Space to Write Workshop total, which is £17.50 if booking via Meetup.
Info & booking here on Meetup or directly on our Creative Writes website. Please see info on fees above:
WORDS & WINE ZOOM WEDNESDAY 6 DECEMBER 2023, 8.30-10pm Special Creative Writes fee *£22 (*Please note: Meetup now charge an additional transaction fee - we have therefore had to increase our total fee for Words & Wine to cover this. The total will be £23.50 if booking on Meetup)
Words & Wine Workshops moved over to Zoom in Spring 2020, when lockdown hit. They have been very popular and we still love facilitating W&W.
Words & Wine Workshops were running for a couple of years in person before the Pandemic and we are offering a mixed programme of online and in person Workshops in 2023.
Creative Writes has been offering small & supportive Creative Writing Workshops since 2009.
The focus is on a fun evening with fast-paced creative writing exercises and no critique, while sipping wine.
You can share your work if you wish but there is no pressure to do so. There is a different Theme each time. All you need are notebooks and pens, you don’t need to prepare anything. You will leave with a toolbox of ideas and lots of writing motivation.
Words & Wine is often sold out, so we advise early booking. It’s a very cosy evening on Zoom (we receive bookings outside of Meetup too)!
The next online Words & Wine Workshop is on WEDNESDAY 6 DECEMBER 2023, 8.30-10pm. This will be the final Online Words & Wine Workshop of the year.
They will continue on a monthly basis on Zoom in 2024.
You can book here on Meetup or via our website. Zoom details will be sent on booking (please see note above re Meetup fee): https://www.creativewrites.co.uk/words-wine/
Hope to see you on Monday 11 December 2023 for our Online Space to Write Creative Writing Workshop.
Hope to see you on Monday 18 December 2023 for our Online Space to Write Creative Writing Workshop.
Past events (402)
Group links, find us also at, related topics.
- Writer's Block
- Short Stories
- Creative Writing
- Writing Workshops
- Novel Writing
- Beginners Creative Writing
- Creative Writers
- Success Stories
- Reading Room
- Novel Writing
- Fiction Development
- Writing for Children
- Short Story
- How’s My Driving
- An honest assessment of your work-in-progress, with advice to help you with the rest of the draft.
- Full Report
- Our most comprehensive report – a full MOT on your manuscript.
- Submission Review
- Ready to send your novel out into the world? Have your submission documents reviewed to make sure everything's in the best possible shape to impress an agent.
- Magazine Submission Review
- Ready to submit your poems to magazines, journals or websites? Get feedback on a selection of four to six of them to check you're on the right track.
- Pamphlet Review
- Designed for poets preparing a pamphlet for possible publication, this report will offer constructive feedback on a group of up to twenty poems.
- Collection Review
- Put your poems through their paces with an in-depth evaluation of your entire collection.
- Creative Writing Exercises
- Writing Competitions
The last page you viewed...
- by location
- Can't find the right course? Book a professional reader's report on your manuscript.
- Writing a Novel
- Our flagship course is available in London, Newcastle and online – spend six months working on your novel with help from experienced tutors and industry experts.
- Prose Assessment
- Poetry Assessment
- Q&As with our tutors and alumni, reading lists and deep dives into all aspects of creative writing – and lots more.
- Whether you're stuck on dialogue, plot, character or something else, we've got a whole range of exercises to help and inspire you.
- Here you'll find all of our past, ongoing and upcoming writing competitions, plus details of any others we think you should know about.
- The Three Stages of a First Draft
- Darren O'Sullivan on the process behind his novels.
Creative Writing Courses
Our creative writing courses are run by award-winning authors and industry experts from Faber and beyond. Whether you’re just starting out or an experienced writer taking the next step in your career, we offer the support and structure you need to achieve your writing goals.
- Popular Categories Novel Writing Fiction Development Non-fiction Poetry Crime Writing for Children Short Story
- Level Starting out Improving Advanced
- Location Online London Newcastle
- Length 1-5 days 4 weeks 8 weeks 12 weeks 6 month +
- Featured Featured Upcoming Lowest Price A-Z Z-A
Our advanced courses in fiction and poetry offer the next step for the committed writer – serious writing time, industry advice and expert guidance, along with a close-knit group of fellow writers to keep you on track.
Writing a Novel (Evening)
What do these levels mean?
Richard T. Kelly, Sarah May, Nikesh Shukla
Tuesday 23 Jan 2024
Sunday 14 Jan 2024
43 spaces left
Writing a Novel (Online)
Monday 29 Jan 2024
Monday 15 Jan 2024
12 spaces left
Writing a Novel (Daytime)
Shelley Weiner, Joanna Briscoe
Tuesday 30 Jan 2024
28 spaces left
An Introduction to Writing a Novel (Newcastle)
Richard T. Kelly, Preti Taneja
Tuesday 05 Dec 2023
8 spaces left
Start to Write
Saturday 16 Dec 2023
Richard Skinner, Sarah May
Monday 18 Dec 2023
18 spaces left
Kickstart Your Novel
Monday 08 Jan 2024
7 spaces left
Start Your Novel in Five Days
2 spaces left
Getting Started: Beginners' Fiction
Wednesday 10 Jan 2024
13 spaces left
Can’t find the right course?
Get comprehensive editorial feedback on your manuscript from our experienced readers – whether it’s still a work-in-progress or you’re preparing to submit to literary agents.
We offer a range of mentoring options if you’d prefer to work one-on-one with an established writer to help you shape your project and realise your writing ambitions.
Course Level Guide
There’s something for everyone at the Faber Academy, whether you’re a complete beginner or a seasoned writer or somewhere in between. To help you select the right course for you, this guide breaks down what the different levels mean.
These courses are ideal for those who are curious about writing and have little to no prior experience in the field. There are no pre-requisite for these courses – all we ask is that you come with an open mind and a keenness to learn. That’s not to say they aren’t suitable for someone with more experience, though – if you’re looking to refresh your skills or experiment with a new area of writing, you’re also welcome to enrol.
These courses are ideal for those who have some experience in writing – as a hobby, or perhaps through academic or professional work – and are looking for challenging courses to hone their skills further. These courses are also a good next step if you’ve already taken a beginners’ class but don’t feel ready to commit to an advanced course yet.
These courses are ideal for seasoned writers who are serious about getting published. Entry to most of these courses is on an application basis and writers will usually be asked to submit samples of their work-in-progress or a past project.
- History, culture & writing
Writing Courses & Workshops Online & in London
Be inspired to write and learn how to get published at the college where Andrea Levy, Malorie Blackman, Anna Burns, and other celebrated authors studied.
Learn from published authors
Whether you're just starting out or ready to publish your first book, the benefits of our writing courses include expert tuition from a published author and feedback on your work as you develop your writing skills. There will also be opportunities to participate in group discussions and activities with fellow students.
Unheard Voices Scholarship
City Lit’s Malorie Blackman Scholarships for 'Unheard Voices' provide three annual awards to fund one year’s study within the Creative Writing department at City Lit. Learn more >
Watch the video: See what it's like be part a City Lit online creative writing course.
Courses available both in-person and online
We offer a range of long and short courses allowing you to choose between online and in-person learning. All our courses are live, interactive, and taught by expert tutors. No matter how you prefer to learn, we've got the class for you. See our guide to online learning for more information about accessing our live online courses.
- Online courses
- Classroom courses (London)
- Introductory and general creative writing courses 20 courses
- Poetry 25 courses
- Novels and short stories 48 courses
- Writing for stage and screen 24 courses
- Children's writing 15 courses
- Creative non-fiction 26 courses
- Journalism 11 courses
- Academic writing 3 courses
- Professional development courses for writers 6 courses
- Creative writing taster courses 23 courses
- Craft focus courses for creative writers 9 courses
- Creative writing masterclasses 3 courses
- Available courses 169 items
- Started: last chance to book 1 item
- No longer available 44 items
- Beginners 111 items
- Some experience 127 items
- Advanced 71 items
- Suitable for all 39 items
- Keats House 2 items
- Keeley Street 65 items
- Off Site 1 item
- Online 140 items
- Dec 2023 15 items
- Jan 2024 51 items
- Feb 2024 34 items
- Mar 2024 23 items
- Apr 2024 53 items
- May 2024 36 items
- Jun 2024 25 items
- Jul 2024 35 items
- Aug 2024 7 items
- Mon 32 items
- Mon+Wed 1 item
- Mon+Wed+Fri 3 items
- Mon-Thu 2 items
- Mon-Fri 1 item
- Tue 38 items
- Tue-Wed 1 item
- Tue+Thu 3 items
- Wed 32 items
- Wed-Thu 2 items
- Wed+Fri 1 item
- Thu 31 items
- Thu-Fri 1 item
- Fri 13 items
- Sat 37 items
- Sat-Sun 25 items
- Sun 33 items
- Weekday 95 items
- Weekend 85 items
- Daytime 116 items
- Evening 82 items
- £0.00 - £50.00 12 items
- £50.00 - £100.00 92 items
- £100.00 - £150.00 34 items
- £150.00 - £200.00 7 items
- £200.00 - £369.01 27 items
- 1 to 4 weeks 50 items
- 11 weeks or longer 31 items
- 5-10 weeks 38 items
- One-off only 65 items
- Tutor accomplishments: Writing
- Student auccesses: Writing
- How to get published
- How to write a children’s book
- Democracy: past(s), present(s) and future(s)
- What is history?
- Black History Month in Britain
- Political awareness vs. political understanding
- Could Donald Trump make a presidential comeback?
Discover Film & Cultural Studies
- City Lit Film: Cultureplex Ciné-Club
- Beyond Hollywood: An introduction to World Cinema
- Being Human: Culture and Identity now
- Reading poetry is for everyone
Discover Science & Philosophy
- Reasons to love Science & Nature
- Why study philosophy?
Discover Art History
- What is beauty in art?
- Meet the Team: Sarah Jaffray, Art History Coordinator
Items 1 - 15 of 172
- You're currently reading page 1
- Page Proceed to payment
Location on this date: Keeley Street
Location on this date: Online
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.
Study level, location type.
Choose one or more
- Employment rate
This is a self-selected association of 24 public research universities.
- Unis compared 0
You have successfully registered
Filter by study level:
- Foundation degree
Filter by location:
- All England
- Central England
- Eastern England
- North East England
- Yorkshire And Humberside
- East Midlands
- Northern England
- Southern England
- West Midlands
- North West England
- South East England
- South West England
- Northern Ireland
Filter by city:
Filter by university:
- Loughborough University
- University Of Warwick
- Lancaster University
- University Of Southampton
- University Of Birmingham
- University Of Leeds
- University Of Manchester
- University Of Surrey
- University Of Exeter
- University Of York
- Queen's University Belfast
- University Of Nottingham
- Cardiff University
- University Of East Anglia Uea
- University Of Leicester
- University Of Reading
- University Of Strathclyde
- Royal Holloway, University Of London
- Queen Mary, University Of London
- Newcastle University
Creative Writing degrees
94 universities offer 373 courses. to get the best results for undergraduate creative writing degrees, enter your predicted grades. new search -->, add your grades.
To get the best results, simply enter your predicted grades here.
- Creative Writing (373)
- Communication and Media (2483)
- Audio and Visual Media (8)
- Audiovisual Studies (3)
- Broadcasting Studies (96)
- Cinematography (4)
- Comedy Writing (1)
- Communication Design (12)
- Communication Studies (464)
- Computer Graphics (454)
- Digital Arts (39)
- Digital Media (145)
- Digital Photography (4)
- Digital Processing (4)
- Documentary Photography (11)
- Fashion Journalism (8)
- Fashion Photography (32)
- Film / Video Direction (5)
- Film / Video Editing (5)
- Film / Video Lighting (1)
- Film / Video Production (175)
- Film History (15)
- Film Music (3)
- Film Photography (10)
- Film Special Effects (75)
- Film Studies (517)
- Film and Television (395)
- Film/TV Makeup (21)
- Interacticve Media (12)
- Journalism (262)
- Mass Communication (4)
- Media Studies (313)
- Mobile Communications Systems (1)
- Multimedia (301)
- Multimedia Computing (67)
- Photographic Processing (4)
- Photographic Techniques (44)
- Photography (204)
- Photography history (3)
- Photojournalism (4)
- Play Writing (37)
- Press Journalism (1)
- Publishing (17)
- Radio Journalism (1)
- Screenplay Writing (32)
- Script Writing (6)
- Sound Recording (3)
- Sports Journalism (49)
- Telecommunications (11)
- Television Journalism (8)
- Television Production (62)
- Visual Communication (160)
- Writing (377)
- Our top picks
- CUG ranking
- Entry requirements
- Student ranking
Teesside University, Middlesbrough
2 Creative Writing degrees
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.1) 937 reviews
- Employment rate: 95% Source: UNISTATS , 2019
- CUG ranking : 26th Source: Complete University Guide 2024
English and Creative Writing BA (Hons)
- UCAS points 96-112
- UCAS code Q3W8
- Request info
- Visit website
- Get prospectus
1 Creative Writing degree
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.1) 1249 reviews
- Employment rate: 100% Source: UNISTATS , 2019
- CUG ranking : 55th Source: Complete University Guide 2024
- UCAS points 57-112
- UCAS code QW38
University of Central Lancashire
6 Creative Writing degrees Next open day in 10 days
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.0) 810 reviews
- Employment rate: 85% Source: UNISTATS , 2019
- CUG ranking : 43rd Source: Complete University Guide 2024
English Literature and Creative Writing (Foundation Entry) BA (Hons)
- UCAS points 64
- UCAS code 7K56
Sheffield Hallam University
1 Creative Writing degree Next open day in 4 days
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.0) 885 reviews
- Employment rate: 75% Source: UNISTATS , 2019
- CUG ranking : 45th Source: Complete University Guide 2024
Creative Writing BA (Hons)
- UCAS code W800
Liverpool Hope University
40 Creative Writing degrees
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.0) 1005 reviews
- CUG ranking : 41st Source: Complete University Guide 2024
Childhood & Youth and Creative Writing (with Foundation Year) BA (Hons)
- UCAS points 72
- UCAS code CY08
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
6 Creative Writing degrees
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.3) 1571 reviews
- UCAS code W801
University of South Wales
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.0) 1533 reviews
- UCAS code 41W2
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.4) 2546 reviews
- CUG ranking : 38th Source: Complete University Guide 2024
Cymraeg gydag Ysgrifennu Creadigol (Welsh with Creative Writing) BA (Hons)
- UCAS points 96-128
- UCAS code Q5WK
University of Plymouth
4 Creative Writing degrees
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (4.2) 2004 reviews
- CUG ranking : 10th Source: Complete University Guide 2024
Creative Writing with Foundation BA (Hons)
- UCAS points 32-48
- UCAS code W802
University of West London
- OVERALL RATING This is the overall rating calculated by averaging all live reviews for this uni on Whatuni. (3.8) 187 reviews
- UCAS points 112
- UCAS code QW12
YOUR UCAS POINTS 0
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Fill in our quick survey about your future university plans for a chance to win a £75 Amazon Gift Card!
Styled heading Creative Writing with Esther Freud
See more from: Adult Classes
A course to give writers, whatever their experience, a chance to work in a supportive group and find inspiration through exercises that are tailored to unleash the imagination.
Esther Freud is a novelist, playwright, and creative writing teacher. Her first novel, Hideous Kinky , was published in 1992, and as well as being shortlisted for the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize was made into a film starring Kate Winslet. Over the years Esther has written a further eight novels, and a play, Stitchers, which had a sell out run at London's Jeremy St Theatre in 2018. Esther also writes for newspapers and magazines, and teaches creative writing, most recently in her own local group.
This is a six-week writing course running from Monday 6 November to Monday 11 December.
The class meets from 7pm to 9pm in the Conservatory (ground floor).
Please email Esther at [email protected] to book
You might also like
Rewild Flowers Christmas Wreath Workshop
- Read more about Rewild Flowers Christmas Wreath Workshop
- Read more about Highgate Pilates
Lauderdale Guitar Society
- Read more about Lauderdale Guitar Society
Creative Writing Workshops now available in North London!
The Yellowbird Team are thrilled to expand the ever-popular workshops to North London early in the new year. Having recently secured the use of wonderful new classroom facilities in NW London, we look forward to bringing Creative Writing to NW11 in the Easter Holidays!
Yellowbird Education Ltd | Educational Workshops | School Search & Placement | t +44 (0)20 7731 0695 | m +44 (0)7912 610366 Battersea, Chelsea, Chiswick, Clapham, Fulham, Hampstead © 2015–2022, All rights reserved | Site design