73 Motivational Pride Month Quotes for Work
You found our list of the best pride month quotes .
Pride month quotes are sayings that champion equal rights and acceptance for members of the LGBTQ+ community. These statements deal with topics such as love, civil liberties, allyship, and embracing identity. You can use these quotes in social media posts, emails, meetings, and group chats throughout the month of June.
These phrases are a subset of inspirational quotes for work , and are a way to celebrate Pride Month at the office , and celebrate pride virtually at work .
This list contains:
- powerful LGBT quotes
- love equality quotes
- pride equality quotes
- pride month ally quotes
- be yourself quotes for pride
- funny pride quotes
Here we go!
Powerful LGBT quotes
- “Hope will never be silent.” – Harvey Milk
- “We are powerful because we have survived.” – Audre Lorde.
- “If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.” – Zanele Muholi
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life. Define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
- “I think being gay is a blessing, and it’s something I am thankful for every single day.” –Anderson Cooper
- “I believe that telling our stories, first to ourselves and then to one another and the world, is a revolutionary act.” – Janet Mock
- “Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start.” – Jason Collins
- “Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?” – Ernest J. Gaines
- “There will not be a magic day when we wake up and it’s now okay to express ourselves publicly. We make that day by doing things publicly until it’s simply the way things are.” – Tammy Baldwin
- “Personally, coming out was one of the most important things I’ve ever done, lifting from my shoulders the millstone of lies that I hadn’t even realized I was carrying.” – Sir Ian McKellen
- Gays are not interested in making other people gay…But homophobes are interested in making others homophobic.” – Stephen Fry
- “Being gay isn’t something you choose, but you do face choices about whether and how to discuss it.” – Pete Buttigieg
- “I think the world has a place for gay superheroes, certainly.” – Stan Lee
- “The single best thing about coming out of the close is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you’ve just told them.” – Rachel Maddow
- “There is nothing wrong with you. There’s a lot wrong with the world you live in.” – Chris Colfer
- “My silences had not protected me. Your silence will not protect you.” – Audre Lorde
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
Love equality quotes
- “Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within,” – James Baldwin
- “What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it’s curved like a road through mountains.” – Tennessee Williams
- “Love doesn’t care how much money you have. It doesn’t care who your parents are. It doesn’t care if you’re gay, straight, or transgender.” – Rumer Willis
- “Gay, straight, bi, whatever – it doesn’t matter. Love is love.” – Amber Liu
- “We are not actually equal – humanity – if we are not allowed to freely love one another.” – Lady Gaga
- “Everybody’s journey is individual. You don’t know with whom you’re going to fall in love. … If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality.” – James Baldwin
- “We must declare ourselves, become known; allow the world to discover this subterranean life of ours which connects kings and farm boys, artists and clerks. Let them see that the important thing is not the object of love, but the emotion itself.” – Gore Vidal
- “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love, or how you love. It matters only that you love.” – John Lennon
- “Marriage is a language of love, equality, and inclusion.” – Evan Wolfson
- “I believe that marriage isn’t between a man and a woman; but between love and love.” – Frank Ocean
- “Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law.” – Boethieus
Pride equality quotes
- “Equality means more than passing laws. The struggle is really won in the hearts and minds of the community, where it really counts.” – Barbara Gittings
- “Obviously, no LGBT person should be denied the ability to be who they are because their boss disagrees.” – Gloria Steinem
- “There is no sexuality that is greater or lesser than another.” – Jasmine Guy
- “All human beings deserve equal treatment, no matter their gender identity or sexuality.” – Andreja Pejic
- “When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” – Barack Obama
- “Gay rights are human rights.” – Hillary Clinton
- “You know, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender – people are people.” – Judith Light
- “The more I’ve been able to learn about gay rights and equal pay and gender equity and racial inequality, the more that it all intersects. You can’t really pick it apart. It’s all intertwined.” – Megan Rapinoe
- “Being gay is a natural normal beautiful variation on being human. Period. End of subject. Therefore, any argument which says differently is an immoral supremacist one. Call it out as such. Be outraged, offended, angry and intolerant of any discussion or any one who describes you as unequal, undeserving or unnatural for being just as you are.” – Larry Kramer
Pride month ally quotes
- “You don´t have to be gay to be a supporter – you just have to be a human.” – Daniel Radcliffe
- “This is why homophobia is a terrible evil: it disguises itself as concern while it is inherently hate.” – Tyler Oakley
- “The beauty of standing up for your rights is others see you standing and stand up as well.” – Cassandra Duffy
- “We need, in every community, a group of angelic troublemakers.” – Bayard Rustin
- “I hate the word homophobia. It’s not a phobia. You’re not scared. You’re an a**hole.” – Morgan Freeman
- “We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity.” – George Takei
- “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.” – Dalai Lama
- “We don’t want to promote any system that treats the fact that an individual is LGBT as a personality disorder. And anything that perpetuates that perception is harmful – not only to that member of the community but the entire community.” – Kamala Harris
- “We must make it clear that a platform of ‘I hate gay men and women’ is not a way to become president of the United States.” – Jimmy Carter
- “LGBT people are some of the bravest and most potent change agents and leaders I have encountered, and the most forceful defenders of the vulnerable and voiceless, because they know what it’s like to be there.” – Ronan Farrow
- “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” – Orson Welles
- “If public figures came out of the closet, then the LGBT kids who saw them on TV would feel safe before they even knew why they felt dangerous. Maybe if enough people came out of the closet, gay kids would never feel dangerous. Maybe we could have a world where we could all just live. We may not all agree, but why can’t we just all live?” – Margaret Cho
Be yourself quotes for pride
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
- “We are not what other people say we are. We are who we know ourselves to be, and we are what we love. That’s okay.” – Laverne Cox
- “To be afraid is to behave as if the truth were not true.” – Bayard Rustin
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
- “Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.” – Angelina Jolie
- “Don’t be afraid. Don’t be ashamed. Don’t ever apologize for your sexuality. Just be you.” – Sonya Deville
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Stripey Guy Emerson
- “To be yourself is truly a revolutionary act, and I think more and more people should try it, because it’s gotten me a pretty cool life.” – Lena Waithe
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
- “There’s no better time than now to be who you are.” – Boy George
- “We have to be visible. We should not be ashamed of who we are.” – Sylvia Rivera
- “Don’t let anyone define you. You define yourself.” – Billie Jean King
- “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.” – Allen Ginsberg
- “How can people change their minds about us if they don’t know who we are?” – Harvey Milk
Funny pride quotes
- “I’m not missing a minute of this. It’s the revolution!” – Sylvia Rivera
- “Darling, I want my gay rights now.” – Marsha P. Johnson
- “The only queer people are those who don’t love anybody.” – Rita Mae Brown
- “Heterosexuality is not normal, it’s just common.” – Dorothy Parker
- “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston
- “I am not gay, but if I were, I would be the first one running out of the closet.” – Dolly Parton
- “We are all doing drag. Every single person on this planet is doing it.” – RuPaul
- “Gender is between your ears and not between your legs.” – Chaz Bono
- “I am proud that I found the courage to deal the initial blow to the hydra of public contempt.” – Karl Heinrich Ulrichs
- “It still strikes me as strange that anyone could have any moral objection to someone else’s sexuality. It’s like telling someone else how to clean their house.” – River Phoenix
If you are looking for more ways to motivate and engage employees in June and beyond, then consider Pride Trivia. This 60-minute team building event is a quiz-game competition between teams. An entertaining expert host guides each game, explaining the rules of the trivia challenges and giving more background about the answers. The game content is carefully designed to cover a range of topics and uncover fun and less common facts about LGBTQ+ history. You can play the game in-person, virtually, or in hybrid work settings. Pride Trivia is available year-round.
Learn more about Pride Trivia .
Sharing powerful quotes from artists, activists, and allies during pride month empowers LGBTQ+ employees to find and use their own voices. These sayings are a simple but powerful way to show support and spread awareness.
For more inclusive phrases, check out our lists of Women’s Day quotes and Black History Month quotes .
FAQ: Pride Month quotes
Here are answers to common questions about Pride quotes.
What are Pride quotes?
Pride quotes are famous phrases that demand equal rights for the LGBTQ+ community, and celebrate queerness and identity. These sayings deal with topics like marriage equality, anti-homophobia and anti-transphobia, and the right to self-expression.
What are some good Pride Month quotes for work?
Some good Pride Month quotes for work include:
- “Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within,” – James Baldwin
These sayings work well for social media posts and emails, and help to motivate staff.
Author: Angela Robinson
Marketing Coordinator at teambuilding.com. Team building content expert. Angela has a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing and worked as a community manager with Yelp to plan events for businesses.
50 Pride Month Quotes To Celebrate Love This LGBTQ+ Pride Month And Beyond
"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."
Not only are these sayings relatable for many queer folks and those exploring their sexuality , but they may also help explain concepts related to the community and the fight for LBGTQ+ rights that some may otherwise find hard to grasp. Sometimes, all it takes is a funny joke or a powerful quote to get someone to turn their head and begin to reevaluate their biases.
Oh, and let’s not forget to mention that these quotes make for A-plus captions on Instagram, Facebook, and any other social media platform you may use to commemorate Pride this June and beyond. You’ll probably notice a bunch of your friends and family posting supportive quotes and maybe even using one as a means of coming out , so you’ll want to have a rolodex of potential sayings to mark the occasion—as well as recommend to others.
Ahead, find 50 of the most powerful, inspirational, and funny Pride Month quotes—from popular musicians, actors, and thought leaders—perfect for whether you’re looking to make a statement online or show compassion for yourself, as a queer individual , or others in the LGBTQ+ community.
Celebratory Pride Month Quotes
- “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?” — RuPaul
- “I’ve been embraced by a new community. That’s what happens when you’re finally honest about who you are; you find others like you.” — Chaz Bono
- “We’re here, we’re queer—get used to it.” — Anonymous
- “So raise your glass if you are wrong, in all the right ways.” — Pink
- “Proud to be me this month—and every other month.” — Anonymous
- “Come out, come out, wherever you are!” — Anonymous
- “Love him. Love him, and let him love you. Do you think anything else under heaven really matters?” — James Baldwin
Short Pride Month Quotes
- “Love is never wrong.” — Melissa Etheridge
- “Baby, I was born this way.” — Lady Gaga
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde
- “There’s no better time than now to be who you are.” — B oy George
- “Our love is here to stay.” — Whitney Houston
- “…And I can’t change, even if I tried.” — Macklemore
- “Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away.” — Lady Gaga
- “Girls like girls like boys do, nothing new.” — Hayley Kiyoko, “Girls Like Girls”
- “Trans rights are human rights.” — Anonymous
- “Showing my true colors.” — Anonymous
Pride Month Quotes for Allies
- “I am not gay, but if I were, I would be the first one running out of the closet.” — Dolly Parton
- “You don’t have to be gay to be a supporter—you just have to be a human.” — Daniel Radcliffe
- “Love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love.” — Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “Don’t be afraid. Don’t be ashamed. Don’t ever apologize for your sexuality. Just be you.” — Sonya Deville
- “I think the world has a place for gay superheroes, certainly.” — Stan Lee
- “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love, or how you love. It matters only that you love.” — John Lennon
- “Gay rights are human rights.” — Hillary Clinton
- “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind, don’t matter and those who matter, don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss
- “Kiss lots of boys or kiss lots of girls, if that’s something you’re into.” — Kacey Musgraves
Inspirational Pride Month Quotes
- “The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you’ve just told them.” — Rachel Maddow
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” — Harvey Fierstein
- “There’s no right or wrong way to be gay. No right or wrong way to come out. It’s your journey, do it the way you wanna do it.” — Tan France
- “We deserve to experience love fully, equally, without shame, and without compromise.” — Elliot Page
- “I was not ladylike, nor was I manly. I was something else altogether. There were so many different ways to be beautiful.” — Michael Cunningham
- “Whoever tries to bring us down is already below us.” — Anonymous
- “If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.” — Zanele Muholi
- “So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.” — Tim Cook
- “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” — Harry Winston
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” — Brené Brown
- “No pride for some of us without liberation for all of us.” — Marsha P. Johnson
Funny Pride Month Quotes
- “I fell out of the womb and landed in my mother’s high heels.” — Leslie Jordan
- “You are straight fire. Well, minus the ‘straight’ part.” — Joey Benevento
- “Make America gay again.” — Anonymous
- “Froot Loop in a world full of Cheerios and proud of it.” — Anonymous
- “I didn’t choose to be gay, I just got lucky.” — Anonymous
- “My hair is the only straight thing about me.” — Anonymous
- “‘Cause shade never made anybody less gay.” — Taylor Swift
- “Let’s get one thing straight: I’m not.” — Anonymous
- “If Harry Potter taught us anything, it’s that no one should live in a closet.” — Anonymous
- “I hate the word ‘homophobia.’ It’s not a phobia. You’re not scared. You’re an asshole.” — Morgan Freeman
- “If homosexuality is a disease, let’s all call in queer to work: ‘Hello. Can’t work today, still queer.’” — Robin Tyler
- “Hi gay. Happy Pride Month.” — Megan Stalter
Casey Clark is a freelance journalist who specializes in beauty, health, and style-related commerce content. She graduated from Hofstra University with a degree in journalism. Her work has been published in Women's Health , Forbes , Better Homes & Gardens , and more.
We Now Know When ‘Yellowstone’ Will End
10 Must-Read Books On Rory Gilmore's Reading List
Kim on Why North Prefers Living With Kanye West
Scientists Claim They May Have Found Noah’s Ark
Ahem, Don't Sleep on H&M Home for Holiday Decor
Watch The 'Mean Girls' Reunion
Will the 'Gilmore Girls' Revival Come Back?
Meet Nick Cannon's 12 Kids And Their Moms
29 Best Christmas Movies To Watch On Hulu In 2023
Is 'All The Light We Cannot See A True Story?
Who Is 'Selling Sunset's' Romain Bonnet?
To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.
Share this article:
0, text: error()">
Let's fight boredom together!
Become a member
0, text: error(), css: errorCssClass">
Please provide your email address and we will send your password shortly.
If there's a Bored Panda account associated with , you'll receive an email with instructions.
If you don't receive an email, please check your spam inbox, or enter your email address again .
Please enter your email to complete registration
Activate to continue
Your account is not active. We have sent an email to the address you provided with an activation link. Check your inbox, and click on the link to activate your account.
- More --> More
The Bored Panda iOS app is live! Fight boredom with iPhones and iPads here .
- Success stories
- --> -->