Live Life to the Fullest
By: Top • Essay • 469 Words • November 29, 2009 • 2,919 Views
Essay title: Live Life to the Fullest
Living life to the Fullest
When I herd we were going to write a paper on how we could live life to the fullest, I was very excited. I feel that if you waste your life by only doing enough to get by should be a crime. We were put on this earth to do something special with our lives and we should never take that for granted. People that do not do everything to the best of their abilities aren’t only cheating themselves but also the others around them. Throughout this paper I will be explaining why I feel that living my life to the fullest is so important.
One of the first reasons everyone should live their lives to the fullest is because if you don’t you will have missed out on so many great opportunities. If you don’t do the best you can in everything than you’ll never know how far you could have gotten. Take a sport for instance, if you don’t practice than you’ll never get any better. Yet if you do put everything you have into that sport you will become one of the best athletes on that field. You can apply that same determination to school work, your job, your marriage, pretty much anything you do in life you should do your best. Not only will you succeed in life if you do your best you will be happy with yourself.
You should live your life to the fullest in your community by helping people when they need it. I mean if you see one of your neighbors bringing in their groceries you should go and help them. Also
- MLA 7
(2009, 11). Live Life to the Fullest. EssaysForStudent.com . Retrieved 11, 2009, from https://www.essaysforstudent.com/essays/Live-Life-to-the-Fullest/16368.html
"Live Life to the Fullest" EssaysForStudent.com . 11 2009. 2009. 11 2009 <https://www.essaysforstudent.com/essays/Live-Life-to-the-Fullest/16368.html>.
"Live Life to the Fullest." EssaysForStudent.com . EssaysForStudent.com, 11 2009. Web. 11 2009. <https://www.essaysforstudent.com/essays/Live-Life-to-the-Fullest/16368.html>.
"Live Life to the Fullest." EssaysForStudent.com. 11, 2009. Accessed 11, 2009. https://www.essaysforstudent.com/essays/Live-Life-to-the-Fullest/16368.html.
- 101 Ways To Live Your Life To The Fullest
- by Celes |
- Filed in Self-Improvement
This article is available for download as an ebook. Click on the button below to download.
“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” — Steve Jobs
How do you feel about your life today? Do you live every day in excitement? Do you look forward to tomorrow? Are you living your best life?
If your answer is a no, not sure, or maybe, that means you’re not living your life to the fullest. This shouldn’t be the case as your life experience is yours to create. We all have good and bad days, and the most important thing is to make the best out of each day, whether good or bad.
Ultimately, you only have one life to live. While you can’t control all the bad things that happen, you can change your attitude toward them — and in the process, create your best life yet.
In this post, you’ll find 101 tips to live your best life. Don’t be overwhelmed by the tips here — use them as a guide and apply just one or two tips a day. As you do so, you’ll notice that you become more conscious as you live each day. You’ll notice that the bad things start to faze you less and you start to proactively take charge of your life and create positive experiences.
Be sure to bookmark this page and refer to it daily!
I present to you, 101 ways to live your life to the fullest:
- Be true to who you are . Stop trying to please other people or to be someone else. It’s better to be an original version of yourself rather than be an exact duplicate of someone else.
- Quit complaining . Don’t be like the howling dog , always howling and never doing anything. Stop complaining about your problems and work on them instead.
- Be proactive . Stop waiting for others around you to do something and take action yourself instead.
- Rather than think “what if,” think “next time.” Don’t think about the things you can’t change. Instead, focus on the things you can act on. That’s the most constructive thing you can do in any situation.
- Focus on WHAT vs. How . Focus on WHAT you want first before you think about HOW to do it. Anything is possible if you set your mind, heart, and soul to it.
- Create your opportunities . You can wait for opportunities, or you can get out there and create your own. The latter is definite and much more empowering.
- Live consciously each day . Stop sleepwalking through life . Your life is something to be experienced, not coasted through.
- Know your inner self . This means knowing who you are and what you represent. Be clear about your identity. Read: Finding Your Inner Self
- Discover your life purpose . Set the mission statement for your life, one that will drive you to live your life to the fullest. Read: How To Find Your Life Purpose (7-part series)
- Live in alignment with your purpose . What can you start doing immediately that will let you live 100% in alignment with your purpose? How can you live true to your purpose within every situation you are in, every second of the day?
- Set your life commandments . Define your personal commandments to live your best life. What adages and principles do you want to follow in your life?
- Discover your values . Values are the essence of what makes you, you.
- Hold yourself to the highest conduct . Every one of us has our own set of ethics and principles. Live true to them every day. Also, live in full alignment with your purpose (#12), commandments (#13), and values (#14).
- Stop putting life on hold . Are you putting any parts of your life on hold ? What is one area of your life you have been putting off , avoiding, or denying ? Uncover that and start working on it.
- Create your life handbook . Your life handbook is your manual to live your best life. It contains your mission statement, values, goals, personal strengths, blind spots, and action plans. Start with a few basic pages, and then build on them.
- Design your ideal life . What is your ideal life? Design it. Firstly, assess your life via the life wheel . Then, ask yourself what it takes to live a 10/10 life. What is the life that will make you shout for joy? There are no limits in life — only those you set for yourself!
- Take action on your goals and dreams. Create an action plan for your goals and work on it!
- Create your bucket list , which is a list of things to do before you die. Then, get out there to achieve them.
- Don’t do things for the sake of doing them . Always evaluate what you’re doing and only do it if there is meaning behind them. Don’t be afraid to quit the things that don’t serve your path .
- Do the things you love because life is too precious to be doing anything else. If you don’t enjoy something, then don’t do it. Spend your time and energy on things that bring you fulfillment and happiness.
- Discover your passion in life . What sets you on fire? Go out there to discover what you love to do. Read: How To Know What You Want To Do In Life
- Make your passion a full-fledged career . Then, start pursuing it. Stop working in a job you feel passionless about. Quit your job when you are ready to do it full-time. Read: How To Pursue Your Passion (series)
- Turn your passion into a huge success . Turn your passion into a multi-million dollar business. Better yet, make it a multi-billion dollar one .
- Learn from criticism. Be open to criticism but don’t be affected by it. Criticism is meant to help you be a better person. Learn from it. Watch: 5 Tips To Deal With Negative Criticism [Video]
- Don’t badmouth other people . If there’s something you don’t like about someone, say it to his/her face — otherwise, don’t say it at all. It’s not nice to badmouth others, and it also reflects a small mind .
- Be empathetic . If everyone only sees life from his/her perspective, we’ll forever be close-minded and insular. See things from others’ shoes.
- Be compassionate . Show compassion and kindness to everyone around you.
- Develop 100% self-belief . Believe in yourself and your abilities. Remove your limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering ones (In Days 26-27 of Be a Better Me in 30 Days Program , you identify your limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering ones). If you don’t believe in yourself, how can you expect others to believe in you? Read: How To Be The Most Confident Person In The World
- Let go of unhappy past . This means past grievances, heartbreaks , sadness, disappointments , and anger .
- Forgive those who have done you wrong in the past. This includes backstabbers , those who took credit for your achievements , and those who have done you wrong. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and realize it was you.” — Lewis B. Smedes
- Let go of attachments . Don’t get fixated on achieving a certain status , fame, wealth, or material possessions . These are impermanent and will ultimately disappear one day when you die. Focus on growing and living life to the fullest instead.
- Let go of relationships that do not serve you . That means negative people , dishonest people , people who don’t respect you , people who are overly critical , and relationships that prevent you from growing .
- Build genuine, authentic connections with people around you — friends, family, colleagues, business partners, customers/clients, and acquaintances. Spend time to know them better and foster stronger connections.
- Connect with an old friend . There is no end to the number of friends you can have. Reach out to people from the past.
- Do a kind deed a day . What is something you can do today that will make the world a better place? Go and do it.
- Help other people who are in need . Volunteering is one outlet. You can also start with your friends and family.
- Help people when they least expect it, without reason . You don’t need any reason to help others. Do it because you want to. Share the love with everyone.
- Fall in love . ♥ :) Read: How To Find Your Soulmate (7-part series)
- Review your life . Set a weekly review to assess how you are doing for your goals. Review your purpose once every 3-6 months so that you know you’re on the right path.
- Overcome procrastination . Procrastination is a huge waste of your time (and your life). Get rid of it once and for all. Read: How To Overcome Procrastination (5-part series)
- 30 minutes a day . Set aside at least 30 minutes every day to work on a Quadrant 2 goal that, when you achieve it, will bring about the biggest fulfillment and happiness in your life.
- Get out there and make new friends — whether at your workplace, online, or in social groups. Read: 10 Tips To Make New Friends and Cooped Up Indoors? Get a Life with These 7 Tips
- Make deeper connections . Beyond making new friends, aim to make deeper connections. Read: How to Have More Best Friends in Life
- Be your advisor (from the future) . Imagine you’re the future you from 5 years later. How would you advise yourself? Write this advice down. Now, apply them.
- Declutter . Start from your computer, then proceed to your work desk, your bedroom, and your home. When you throw unwanted stuff away, you make room for new things and new energy to enter your life.
- Keep learning . There is something to learn from everything you see, hear, and experience. This includes your mistakes and past mishaps (if any). Learn to interpret each event objectively. Focus on what you can learn from it so that you can apply the lessons moving forward.
- Keep developing yourself . Equip yourself with a huge breadth of knowledge. Learn different skills, pick up different hobbies, and study different fields.
- Keep upgrading yourself. Equip yourself with a huge depth of knowledge. While you can usually only reach level 99 in video games , in real life you can level up to infinity. Go for further studies if need be. Develop your skills . Level up . Invest your >10,000 hours in each skill .
- Try new things . What is something you would normally not do? Get out of your comfort zone to try something different. It can be something simple like taking a new bus route, trying a new food item, picking up a new hobby, or something bigger like studying in a different field, learning a new skill, and traveling to a country you’ll never visit. There are no limits (except whatever is illegal and morally wrong of course)!
- Get yourself out there . (a) Get out there geographically . Go out, travel, and explore the world. Set sail into the sea. Go backpacking by yourself and visit as many countries as possible. Get on a road trip and visit all the places that you see during your trip. (B) Get out there situationally . Stop sticking to routines and comfort zones. Try something different. (c) Get out there in life . Stop watching TV and living vicariously through the TV characters. Go and live the life of your dreams.
- Be the absolute best at what you do . Go for the #1 position in what you do. If you want to spend your time doing something, you might as well be the best at it!
- Don’t settle . In the same vein as #58, don’t settle for less. Don’t settle for someone you don’t like as your partner. Don’t settle for a job you don’t like. Don’t settle for friends who make you feel like a lesser person. Don’t settle for a weight you are unhappy with. Go for what you really want.
- Stretch yourself . What are you doing now? How can you achieve more? Set bigger goals. Explore your limits and break them.
- Create your inspirational haven . Turn your room into a place you love. Do the same for your work desk. Get rid of things that make you unproductive. Surround it with things that inspire you and trigger you into action. Read more: Create Your Inspirational Room
- Behave as your ideal self will . All of us have an ideal vision of who we want to be. What is your ideal self like? How can you start to be your ideal self now?
- Set your role models in life . With role models, you become much better than you can be by yourself. I am personally inspired by Oprah Winfrey (for how she has impacted millions of lives), Lady Gaga (for her talent and not being afraid to be different), Leonardo Dicaprio (for his dedication to his craft and his commitment to environmentalism), and many more. Seeing them and what they do reminds me of what I can be and what I can do, so they drive me to greater heights.
- Get mentors/coaches. There’s no faster way to improve than to have someone work with you on your goals. Not only will they drive you to achieve more, but they’ll also share important advice which you can use to create even more success for yourself. Many of my clients approach me to coach them and the net result is this: they achieve significantly more progress and results than if they had worked alone.
- Uncover your blind spots . The more you uncover, the more you grow, and the better you become. Read: Blind Spots In Personal Growth
- Increase your consciousness . Having a high consciousness level means being able to transcend beyond fear-based reactions and make wise choices that positively impact everyone.
- Ask for feedback. As much as we can try to uncover our blind spots (#66), there will be blind spots that we cannot identify. Asking for feedback gives us an added perspective about ourselves. Some people to approach are our friends, family, colleagues, boss, and even acquaintances. Day 17 of the Be a Better Me in 30 Days Program is about getting feedback from others to uncover our blind spots.
- Generate passive income . Create passive income streams so that your income is not tied to the time you spend on work. Of course, you’ll continue to work, but only because you want to and not because you have to.
- Help others live their best lives . There is no better way to grow than to help others grow. Ultimately, the world is one. We are all on this journey of life together.
- Get married / Start your family / Have kids!
- Spearhead a humanitarian cause or organization that you are passionate about.
- Give more value than you receive . There is so much unspeakable joy that comes from giving. And when you give, you’ll find that you receive a lot more in return.
- Be big-picture focused. You can either set your eyes on the big things or get hung up by the nitty-gritty details. The former will help you get a lot more out of life than the latter. Focus on your big rocks and put first things first .
- Be clear about your end objective . What is the end goal you seek? Is the task that you’re working on bringing you there? If not, put it aside. As long as you keep working on tasks that match your end goal, you’ll eventually reach there.
- Go the 80/20 route . For every goal you have, there are different paths to achieve it. Pick the 80/20 path, i.e. the most effective path that brings you to your goal with the least amount of effort. Read: The 80/20 Rule: How To Achieve More With Less In Life (3-part series)
- Work on the 80/20 actions (Prioritize) . As you embark on the 80/20 path for your goals, focus on the important tasks and cut out the less important ones. Work on the 20% actions that give you the 80% results.
- Live in the moment . Do you often have a very busy mind? Calm your mind down. Be present. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment. Meditation helps remove mental clutter. Read: How To Meditate in 5 Simple Steps
- Relish in the little moments . Snuggling under warm covers on a rainy day. Having ice cream on a hot day. A kiss with your loved one. Being with your best friend. A walk by the park. The breeze on your face. Quiet, alone time. Watching the sunrise/set. Soak in all these little moments of life. They are what make up your life.
- Take a break . Being the best also requires you to take breaks when needed . Make sure you rest when needed. Doing so lets you walk the long road ahead.
- Focus on creation . Think about what you can bring to the world and create that.
- Don’t criticize or judge others . Respect others for who they are.
- The only person you can change is yourself . Stop expecting others to behave in a certain way. Rather than demand that others around you change, focus on changing yourself. You’ll be happier and live a more fulfilling life this way.
- Practice gratitude . Be grateful for everything you have today, and everything you will get in the future.
- Express gratitude. Let the people who’ve touched you know about your gratitude towards them. You’ll be surprised what a little act like this can do. If you don’t tell them, they’ll never know.
- Let loose and have fun . Sing at the top of your lungs. Dance in the rain. :D Run barefoot and feel the ground underneath your feet. Hug everyone you know. Release yourself of your self-imposed shackles and be free! :D
- Get into nature . Many of us live in concrete jungles. Get out of the urban city environment and soak in the beauty of nature.
- You have a choice . Recognize you always have a choice in how to live your life.
- Laugh more. :D Are you reading this with a straight face? Smile and have fun. :D
- Embrace change . The only thing that’s constant is change. Change means growth. Rather than resist change, learn to be versatile so you can make the best out of the changes that come. In fact, become an agent of change.
- Be more risk inclined . Don’t be afraid to take risks. The bigger your risks, the bigger your return.
- Embrace mistakes . The more mistakes you make, the more experienced you become, and the higher your chances of success. Make sure to identify lessons from each experience so that you can build on them.
- Challenge your fears . All of us have fears. Fear of uncertainty, fear of public speaking, fear of risk… all these fears keep us in the same position and prevent us from growing. Rather than avoid your fears, recognize that they are the compass for growth. Address and overcome them. Read: 4 Reasons We Should Overcome Fear
- Maximize your mind, body, heart, and soul . Living your best life requires you to maximize yourself mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. If you are highly successful, have lots of money, have a big circle of friends, and are very spiritually aware but you neglect your physical health, that’s not living your life to the fullest. The same for other scenarios where you block off a part of yourself. Maximize all 4 aspects of you.
- Be your best self . When we work on being better people, we live a richer life. Read: 101 Ways To Be a Better Person
- Love yourself . You are the one constant in your life. Remember to always treasure and love yourself. ♥ You deserve nothing less. Read: How To Love Your Body
- Love others . Be grateful to all the people around you because they help you grow. They enrich your life experience. Without them, your life would not be the same.
- Finally, Love life . I find living to be a fascinating experience. How we’re all on earth with millions of species, 30,000 different life forms, and over 7 billion people, and everyone is thriving in their own way, existing, co-existing, and co-creating. There’s so much we don’t know out there and so much to be experienced that it’s just wonderful. As you live on earth, remember to love life. It’s the only way to live.
Live a Better Life in 30 Days Program
If you love this post, you’ll love the Live a Better Life in 30 Days Program (30DLBL). Also known as “personal growth on steroids,“ 30DLBL is a 30-day intensive life transformation program designed by me to help you live a better life in just 30 days. It is packed with 30 high-impact tasks, some of which are inspired by this 101 list post, to be done one task per day.
At the end of the 30 days, you’ll find yourself at a completely different place compared to a month ago.
Read more: Live a Better Life in 30 Days Program
This is part of the Inspiration & Motivation series. Check out the other articles in the series:
- 10 Powerful Graduation Speeches You Don’t Want To Miss
- 13 Meaningful Movies With Life Lessons To Learn
- 20 Amazing Commercials To Inspire the Greatness in You
- 56 Most Inspirational Songs of All Time
- 15 Beautiful Inspirational Wallpapers For Your Desktop
- 15 More Beautiful Wallpapers With Positive Affirmations
- 101 Inspiring Quotes of All Time
- 101 Things To Do Before You Die
- 101 Ways To Be a Better Person
- 101 Important Questions To Ask Yourself in Life
- 101 Life Principles to Live By Daily
(Images: Man on mountain , Daisies , Set goals , Person meditating , 3 Glasses , Five people , Couple , Letter , Brainstorming , Save the world , White flower , Freedom )
Hi! I’m Celes and I’m passionate about helping you grow and live your best life. Start here »
- How To Deal With Disillusionment
- How To Deal With Uncertainty
- How To Overcome Anger
- How To Say No To Others
- How To Tackle Naysayers
- How To Stop Analysis Paralysis
- How To Deal With Critical People
- How To Deal With Negative Self-Worth
- How To Deal With Unsupportive Friends & Family
- How To Improve Your Relationship With Your Parents
- How To Find Your Life Purpose
- Find Purpose After a Hard Fall
- How To Move On From a Heartbreak
- How To Find Your Soulmate
- How To Stop Procrastination
- How To Make Life’s Hardest Decisions
- Develop Your Talent Stack
- How To Stay Focused & Not Get Distracted
- How To Be Happy: 10 Principles
- How To Deal With Disappointment
- How To Handle Negative Criticism
- How To Give Constructive Criticism
- 101 Ways To Live Your Best Life
- 101 Questions To Ask Yourself
How To Stop Analysis Paralysis: 8 Important Tips
5 Lessons to Learn From Lance Armstrong’s Doping Scandal
21 Tips to Wake Up Early
How To Stop Being Sarcastic
You Always Have a Choice
7 Lessons I Learned from a Blind Stranger
I hope you find something that you like here. If you like my articles, join my newsletter where you will get
- My latest content on personal growth
- Free PDF ebooks of my best articles
- Launch offers for new courses (2-3x a year)
- EXPLORE Coupons Tech Help Pro Random Article About Us Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- H&M Coupons
- Hotwire Promo Codes
- StubHub Discount Codes
- Ashley Furniture Coupons
- Blue Nile Promo Codes
- NordVPN Coupons
- Samsung Promo Codes
- Chewy Promo Codes
- Ulta Coupons
- Vistaprint Promo Codes
- Shutterfly Promo Codes
- DoorDash Promo Codes
- Office Depot Coupons
- adidas Promo Codes
- Home Depot Coupons
- DSW Coupons
- Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons
- Lowe's Coupons
- Surfshark Coupons
- Nordstrom Coupons
- Walmart Promo Codes
- Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons
- Fanatics Coupons
- Edible Arrangements Coupons
- eBay Coupons
- Log in / Sign up
- Philosophy and Religion
- Positive and Reflective Lifestyles
How to Live Life to the Fullest
Last Updated: August 4, 2023 References Approved
This article was co-authored by Annie Lin, MBA . Annie Lin is the founder of New York Life Coaching, a life and career coaching service based in Manhattan. Her holistic approach, combining elements from both Eastern and Western wisdom traditions, has made her a highly sought-after personal coach. Annie’s work has been featured in Elle Magazine, NBC News, New York Magazine, and BBC World News. She holds an MBA degree from Oxford Brookes University. Annie is also the founder of the New York Life Coaching Institute which offers a comprehensive life coach certification program. Learn more: https://newyorklifecoaching.com There are 45 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article received 28 testimonials and 88% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 1,784,855 times.
The meaning of your life is something you create day after day with your own actions and thoughts. Always ask what you can learn, and how you can move forward, and stop yourself from blaming other people if things aren't the way you would like them to be. What living life to the “fullest” looks like is up to you. Here are some steps to get you started.
- We may be dishonest for a variety of reasons. Research has shown that sometimes we lie because we’re jealous and want to hurt others. Sometimes, we lie because we’re afraid we will be hurt if we reveal the truth, or we’re afraid of a confrontation.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source It can be hard to be honest, especially with yourself, but doing so will help you live a fuller, richer life.
- Make a list of your strengths. What are you good at? These can be lofty achievements, such as inventing a new technology, or “everyday” skills, such as being friendly to others. Paying attention to what your strengths are can help you continue to develop them without focusing on yourself as a “failure.”
- Stand up for what you believe in and don’t let others push you around. It's possible to do this and still be open to other people's ideas, as they may surprise you.
- For example, if you find yourself consistently telling yourself what is wrong with you or what you don’t like about yourself, be purposeful and challenge those thoughts with positive ones. Replace thoughts like “I’m such a loser” with “That situation didn’t go exactly the way I’d planned. I’ll go back to the drawing board and think of another way to approach it.”
- Try to think logically about your self-criticisms. Criticizing ourselves can be all too easy. The next time you notice yourself being harsh, try to find a rational response to that criticism. For example, if you found yourself thinking “I’m so dumb, I don’t know anything in this class and everyone’s smarter than I am,” examine that thought logically. Is everyone really smarter than you, or are some individuals just more prepared for the material than others? Is your performance in the class related to your intellect (not likely) or is it because you may not have the preparation you needed to excel? Are you studying effectively? Would you benefit from a tutor? Breaking things down in this logical manner can help you figure out steps to take to help yourself improve without writing yourself off.
- Fostering positive emotions, such as happiness and optimism, will help you develop flexibility.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source
- Look for patterns in how you respond to events and situations. Determine what’s helpful and what isn’t. This can help you learn to modify the responses that aren’t helpful and learn to be more adaptive. Not only will you feel better yourself, but you will also be able to better interact with others.  X Research source Fina, A. D., Schiffrin, D., & Bamberg, M. (Eds.). (2006). Discourse and Identity (1 edition). Cambridge, UK ; New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Learn to look at “negative” events as learning experiences instead. Looking at setbacks or situations that appear as negative as “failures” can lead you to obsess over them, rather than learn and grow from them. Rather than seeing a challenge or roadblock as a negative, see it as a positive space for learning and improvement.
- For example, famous entrepreneur Steve Jobs said that “getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”  X Research source J.K. Rowling, the author of the phenomenally successful Harry Potter series, has said that she sees failure as incredibly beneficial, something to be valued rather than feared.  X Research source
- Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar and empty calories. Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, complex carbohydrates, and lean proteins. Don’t deprive yourself, though; it’s perfectly healthy to have a slice of cake or a glass of wine from time to time.  X Trustworthy Source Mayo Clinic Educational website from one of the world's leading hospitals Go to source
- Stay hydrated. Men should drink about 13 cups (3 liters) of fluids per day. Women should drink about 9 cups (2.2 liters) of fluids per day.  X Trustworthy Source Mayo Clinic Educational website from one of the world's leading hospitals Go to source
- Get exercise. Studies have shown that regular exercise helps you feel healthier, happier, and more positive. Aim for about 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise every week.  X Trustworthy Source Mayo Clinic Educational website from one of the world's leading hospitals Go to source
- You can’t live your life to the fullest if you’re constantly absorbed by what happened in the past or what might happen in the future. Learning to be mindful of what is going on right now will help you worry less about what has already happened or what may happen.
- There are many ways to learn mindfulness, including mindfulness meditation and spiritual study.  X Research source Gunaratana, B. H. (2011). Mindfulness in Plain English: 20th Anniversary Edition (20th Anniversary Edition edition). Boston Mass.: Wisdom Publications. Exercises such as yoga and Tai Chi incorporate mindfulness into their practice.
- Some of the many benefits of mindfulness include: improved physical and mental health, lower stress, better interactions with others, and a greater sense of overall well-being.  X Trustworthy Source HelpGuide Nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free, evidence-based mental health and wellness resources. Go to source
- For example, consider this “should” statement: “I should lose more weight.” Why do you feel that way? Is it because you have a fitness goal that you want to achieve for yourself? Because you’ve consulted with your doctor and agreed that you need to get healthier? Or is it because someone has told you “should” look a certain way? The same goal can be healthy and helpful or harmful, all depending on why you feel like you need to achieve it.
- Deciding not to “should” yourself doesn’t mean you don’t set goals. Instead, it means that you set goals for yourself based on what is meaningful to you, not what others want for you or demand of you.
Following Your Path
- It can be terrifying to take risks because we’re generally not comfortable with the idea of failure. Most people are afraid of risk in the short-term. However, people who don’t take risks and push themselves are more likely to regret not doing so later in life.  X Research source
- Getting out of your comfort zone occasionally can also help you develop the flexibility you need to deal with life’s unexpected roadblocks.  X Research source
- Start small and work your way up. Go to a restaurant without checking it out on Yelp first. Take an impromptu road trip with a loved one. Try something at work that you haven’t done before.
- Set goals that are meaningful to you, and don’t compare them to anyone else’s. If a personally meaningful goal is to learn to play your favorite song on the guitar, don’t feel bad if you don’t become a rockstar guitarist.
- Keep your goals performance-based. Achieving your goals takes hard work, dedication, and motivation. However, you need to make sure that you can achieve your goals through your effort -- remember, you can’t control anyone else.  X Research source For example, “Become a movie star” is a goal that relies on others’ actions (casting agents have to cast you, people have to go to your movies, etc.). However, “Audition for as many movies as I can” is achievable because you control that action. Even if you never get a part, you can view your goal as a success, because you accomplished what you set out to do, which was work for what you want.
- Vulnerability helps you take actions in all areas of your life. If you’re afraid of being open and honest with another person because you might get hurt, you won’t be able to develop a truly intimate relationship. If you’re afraid of taking a chance because it might not work out, you may miss out on opportunities.
- For example, consider the example of Myshkin Ingawale, an inventor who wanted to develop technology to help reduce the child death rate in rural India. Ingawale frequently talks about how he failed the first 32 times he tried to create this invention. Only on the 33rd time was he finally successful. That willingness to be vulnerable, to accept the possibility of risk and failure, is what allowed him to develop this technology that is now saving lives.
- Learning new things also helps keep your brain at the top of its game. When you actively ask questions and investigate experiences, you’re more likely to feel healthy mentally and emotionally.
- Savor the moment. Humans have a bad tendency to focus on the negative aspects of life and ignore all the beauty and positivity around us. Take the time to acknowledge and savor the small moments of beauty in your everyday life. Think about what this experience means to you. Be mindful of the happiness it is bringing to your life in that moment. Writing these experiences down can be helpful.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source Even small things, such as an unexpected text from a friend or a beautiful sunny morning, can fill us with gratitude if we let them.
- Share your gratitude with others. You’re more likely to “store” positive things in your memory if you share them with other people. If you see a gorgeous flower while you’re riding the bus, text a friend to let her know about it. If your partner did the dishes as a surprise for you, tell him how much you appreciate it. Sharing your gratitude can also help others feel positive and inclined to look for ways to be grateful in their lives.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source
Annie Lin, MBA
Try this to help you practice daily gratitude: Every day, spend a few minutes in the morning and before bed thinking about what you appreciate in life. Also, learn to be present, curious, and observant in life, noticing the wonders around you instead of taking things for granted. For instance, if you go for a walk, spend time looking around you instead of just putting on headphones and closing out the world.
- Journaling should be active, not simply a recording of your random thoughts and experiences. Rather than just recording every single thing that happened to you, use your journal to reflect on situations you experience. How did you initially react? How did that situation make you feel at first? Do you feel differently now? Would you do anything differently if you encounter a similar situation?  X Research source
- Laughter is also contagious; when you express joy through laughter, others are likely to share it with you. Laughing together can create emotional and social bonds.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source
- Highly materialistic people are often less happy and fulfilled than others.  X Research source Stuff won’t make you happy, but the relationships you cultivate with others can.
- Get rid of things in your home that you don’t use or don’t like. Find a local charity to donate clothing, household goods, and other things that are just lying around your house.
- Simplify your personal life, too. It’s okay to say “no” to commitments or invitations. Choose to spend time doing things that are meaningful or helpful to you.
Interacting With Others
- Who do you spend your time with? How do they make you feel about yourself? Do you feel respected and validated by the people in your life?
- This isn’t to suggest that your friends and loved ones shouldn’t offer constructive critique. In fact, sometimes we need a friend to point out when we’ve done something thoughtless or hurtful. However, you should always feel like your loved ones approach you with kindness and respect, and you should treat them the same way.
- Be open and honest but don’t use judging or blaming language. If someone has hurt you, it’s healthy to share your feelings with him or her. However, don’t use language that puts blame on the other person, such as “You were so unkind to me” or “You don’t even care about my needs.”
- Use “I”-statements. Using statements that focus on what you are feeling and experiencing keep you from sounding blaming or judging. For example, “I felt hurt when you forgot to pick me up from work. I felt like my needs were not important to you.”
- Give constructive criticism and accept it from others. Don’t simply tell others to do or not to do something. Explain why you are asking.
- Invite others to share their needs and ideas with you. Use cooperative language, such as “What would you like to do?” or “What do you think?”
- Instead of automatically feeling a need to assert your own point of view, try saying something like “Tell me more” when you hear something that at first seems like something you’d normally disagree with. Try to see from his/her point of view.
- This doesn’t mean you have to be a doormat for those who don’t treat you right. You can love and accept someone and still recognize that they aren’t good for you.
- Believe it or not, love is helpful even in the workplace. Workplaces that foster a culture that includes compassion, caring, and expressions of affection are more productive and have more satisfied workers.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source
- Think about whatever it is you want to forgive. Notice how those thoughts make you feel. Accept those feelings; judging them or trying to repress them will only make it worse.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source
- Transform that painful experience into a learning experience. What could you have done differently? What could the other person have done differently? What can you learn from this experience that can help you become a better person now?
- Remember that you can only control your actions, not others’. One of the reasons forgiveness is so hard is because it’s entirely dependent on you. The other person may never acknowledge the wrongdoing. S/he may never face consequences or learn from the experience. However, holding on to your anger about the situation ultimately only hurts you. Learning to forgive, regardless of whether the other person takes any action or experiences any result, will help you heal.
- Forgiving yourself is as important as forgiving others. When we dwell on things about our past lives or behavior that we regret, we can end up falling into an unproductive cycle of self-blame, rather than using those experiences as tools to help us focus on becoming better people in the present.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source Use the techniques in this article, such as challenging negative self-talk and practicing mindfulness, to help you forgive yourself and show yourself the same compassion you show others.
- While forgiving remember we need to forget certain situations in life which brought us negative emotions.
- Helping others not only benefits them, but it also has physical health benefits for you. Being charitable may cause what’s known as a “helper’s high,” an endorphin rush that we experience when we do something good for others.  X Trustworthy Source Greater Good Magazine Journal published by UC Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center, which uses scientific research to promote happier living Go to source
- You don’t have to start a soup kitchen or found a non-profit to help others. Even small acts of everyday kindness can have a huge effect. Research has found that the “pay it forward” effect really does exist: your kindness can inspire others to show generosity and kindness in turn, which then inspires more and more people to do the same.  X Trustworthy Source PubMed Central Journal archive from the U.S. National Institutes of Health Go to source
- It may feel uncomfortable at first to talk with someone whom you see as “different” than you. Remember that you can learn something from every person you encounter. And the more diversity you embrace in your daily life, the more you’ll realize that we’re all human.
- L-Listen more, talk less;
- O-Overlook mistakes & shortcomings;
- V-Value what you have;
- E-Express your appreciation.
- Enjoy the simple things in life. Sit down, relax and think of how much you love to look at the blue sky or listen to your sister's laugh or your dad's pointless jokes. Think of what life would be without them. Thanks Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Disregard gossip , bias and judgmental attitudes. An important thing in living life to the fullest we should try to always live in the present moment. Past cannot be relived, the future is uncertain, and thus, the only certain moment in life is now. Thanks Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Be aware of the difference between stories and facts. Don't get caught up in your own stories. Thanks Helpful 23 Not Helpful 1
- Don't let the external circumstances determine how you feel. You can't always control the external circumstances, but you are always in control of the meaning you give things. Thanks Helpful 26 Not Helpful 3
You Might Also Like
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/honesty_respect
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/right_and_wrong_in_the_real_world
- ↑ http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTED_85.htm
- ↑ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19450005
- ↑ https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/making-change/201107/how-stop-the-self-criticism-and-feel-better-about-you
- ↑ Lloyd, A. (2015). Beyond Willpower: The Secret Principle to Achieving Success in Life, Love, and Happiness. New York: Harmony.
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/the_tipping_point_of_happiness_a_review_of_positivity
- ↑ Fina, A. D., Schiffrin, D., & Bamberg, M. (Eds.). (2006). Discourse and Identity (1 edition). Cambridge, UK ; New York: Cambridge University Press.
- ↑ http://www.businessinsider.com/the-full-text-of-steve-jobs-stanford-commencement-speech-2011-10
- ↑ http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2008/06/text-of-j-k-rowling-speech/
- ↑ http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/basics/healthy-diets/hlv-20049477
- ↑ http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256
- ↑ http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/basics/fitness-basics/hlv-20049447
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/images/uploads/Davis-Mindfulness_Potential_on_Education_Psych.pdf
- ↑ http://www.helpguide.org/harvard/benefits-of-mindfulness.htm
- ↑ Gunaratana, B. H. (2011). Mindfulness in Plain English: 20th Anniversary Edition (20th Anniversary Edition edition). Boston Mass.: Wisdom Publications.
- ↑ https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/inviting-monkey-tea/201304/stop-shoulding-yourself-death-0
- ↑ http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Yerkes/Law/
- ↑ http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303836404577474451463041994
- ↑ https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/confessions-techie/201101/comfort-kills
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/12/your-money/12shortcuts.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
- ↑ https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/notes-self/201308/how-set-goals
- ↑ http://www.mindtools.com/page6.html
- ↑ https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability/transcript?language=en
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/topic/gratitude/definition#why_practice
- ↑ https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0005796705000392
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/love_honor_thank/
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/tips_for_keeping_a_gratitude_journal
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/10_steps_to_savoring_the_good_things_in_life
- ↑ http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/13527590210442258
- ↑ http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/give-your-body-boost-with-laughter
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/why_laughter_is_contagious
- ↑ Reed, R. (2013). A Lacanian Ethics of Non-Personal Responsibility. Pastoral Psychology, 62(4), 515–531.
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/materialism_gratitude_happiness
- ↑ http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1993-16069-001
- ↑ http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/positive-thinking/art-20043950?pg=2
- ↑ https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/~/media/CCI/Consumer%20Modules/Assert%20Yourself/Assert%20Yourself%20-%2002%20-%20How%20to%20Recognise%20Assertive%20Behaviour.pdf
- ↑ http://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control.aspx
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/why_you_should_love_thy_coworker
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/topic/forgiveness/definition#why_practice
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/nine_steps_to_forgiveness
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/how_self_compassion_beats_rumination
- ↑ http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/topic/altruism/definition#what_is
- ↑ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2851803/?report=abstract
About This Article
To live life to the fullest, try to work on accepting yourself the way you are so you can focus more of your attention on doing the things you love. Also, push yourself out of your comfort zone as much as possible, which will expose you to new experiences and teach you to take risks. You can also try setting meaningful goals for yourself, like learning how to play the guitar or making new friends, to give yourself something to work towards. To learn how to develop meaningful relationships with others so you feel more fulfilled, scroll down! Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Reader Success Stories
Atunwa Olanrewaju Joseph
Oct 17, 2017
Did this article help you?
May 7, 2018
May 30, 2017
Feb 16, 2017
Jun 26, 2016
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
Don’t miss out! Sign up for
- Information Science and Technology
- Social Issues
Home Essay Samples Life Personal Experience
Exploring Good Life: Living Life To The Fullest
Cite this Essay
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below
- Types of Love
- Childhood Memories
- Personal Strengths
- Self Assessment
- Benefits of Volunteering
- Making The World a Better Place
Need writing help?
You can always rely on us no matter what type of paper you need
*No hidden charges
100% Unique Essays
Money Back Guarantee
By clicking “Send Essay”, you agree to our Terms of service and Privacy statement. We will occasionally send you account related emails
You can also get a UNIQUE essay on this or any other topic
Thank you! We’ll contact you as soon as possible.
Home / Essay Samples / Philosophy / Philosophical Concept / Destiny
Living Life to the Fullest
- Words: 696 (2 pages)
Please note! This essay has been submitted by a student.
Get quality help now
Proficient in: Philosophical Concept
+ 75 relevant experts are online
More Destiny Related Essays
What is meant to be always finds its way, call it destiny or fate. Being an engineering student for a month – a decision taken after a lot of meticulous thought and research, little did I know my life and career would change in ...
The very essence of the concept of change is to become something different or to arrive at a fresh, new stage, whether it is represented in life or in a text. Ian Mudie has captured change in his poem ‘My Father Began as a God’. ...
A Man's Search For Meaning is finding a purpose in life in a bad situation. We are all guilty of looking at how bad we have it, when there are other people suffering a lot worse than us. There is meaning life, you are put on ...
In what way you look at it, the true nature of human is essentially bad. It is showed by many examples from history, humans are great in creating conflicts and forming war. And we are even more extraordinary in creating a mess. ...
Even though all basic human freedoms for African Americans were denied during the late part of the 1900’s in the American South, how were white Southerners not able to see how lynching was morally wrong? In the following ...
Time is more than money as money spent can be earned again. However, time, once spent, can never be earned. One must slow down and live our life and remove what distracts us from life such as negatively, weight, fear, stress, ...
Good vs. Evil: Good is ultimately more powerful than evil, although evil does seem to have a necessary place in the world. There are People that are good might still have to suffer and make difficult choices, but ultimately ...
When I discuss humanity, I will find that humanity is directional, and even binding. It does not exist as a natural, non-directed nature. Fundamentally speaking, the concept of humanity itself was created by human beings, and ...
To me identity is permanent, and it can be expressed in many different ways. Your identity is made up of experience, adventurous and part of your identity is your personality. In this essay, I'm going to explain Matts identity, ...
Choose your writer among 300 professionals!
You cannot copy content from our website. If you need this sample, insert an email and we'll deliver it to you.
Please, provide real email address.
This email is exists.
- American History (4,233)
- Biographies (1,169)
- Book Reports (3,862)
- Business (17,295)
- English (13,872)
- History Other (3,821)
- Miscellaneous (12,648)
- Music and Movies (1,106)
- Philosophy (1,165)
- Psychology (1,486)
- Religion (953)
- Science (2,671)
- Social Issues (7,924)
- Technology (1,924)
- Browse Essays
- / Philosophy
- / My Philosophy of Life - Live Your...
My Philosophy of Life - Live Your Life to the Fullest
Essay by Sivasakti Marimuthu • October 1, 2016 • Essay • 608 Words (3 Pages) • 33,443 Views
Essay Preview: My Philosophy of Life - Live Your Life to the Fullest
Name: Sivasakti Marimuthu
Matric No: PBS16121313
Our life time is limited. We should never waste it living someone else’s life. My philosophy of life has always been to live life to the fullest . That means for whatever job I do, I will give my 100% commitment to accomplish the tasks. This gives me self-satisfaction for giving my best to complete them, no matter how good or bad the outcome turns out to be.
I always try to remind myself not to let the noise of others’ to influence my inner thoughts. As Steve Job said “Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition , they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary”. I have so much interest in achieving a lot in this life. I always want to follow my interests and doing what made me feel good. The problems start when we listen too much to outside sources. We may think that we’re doing it wrong. I went through one of these periods myself. Looking back, I see that while it was a period of struggle, it also helped me go deeper into what worked for me.
Positive thinking helps us to be healthier , more productive and ultimately happier. Yet for most of us it is hard to practice optimism on a regular basis. Optimistic thinkers tend to anticipate the best outcome from every situation they face. I try my best to be optimistic and think positively each and every day. No matter what challenges come on my way, I try to look at the bright side since positivity is not only in our head, but it also boosts our physical and mental health.
Give what you can . This is another phrase that I include in my philosophy of living life to the fullest. We do not have to be filthy rich to be able to contribute to others. A simple gesture and manner of giving to those in need is a good practice that must be a way of life. Being kind and generous leads us to perceive others more positively. I have experienced attaining more happiness when giving to those in need rather than keeping it to myself when I know that the other person needs it more than me. Ultimately, I did experience receiving better and more benefits after lending help to those in need. So, either the art of giving is practiced due to my own selfishness or selflessness, I still reap the benefits at the end of the day.
- MLA 7
(2016, 10). My Philosophy of Life - Live Your Life to the Fullest. Essays24.com . Retrieved 10, 2016, from https://www.essays24.com/essay/My-Philosophy-of-Life-Live-Your-Life/70822.html
"My Philosophy of Life - Live Your Life to the Fullest" Essays24.com . 10 2016. 2016. 10 2016 <https://www.essays24.com/essay/My-Philosophy-of-Life-Live-Your-Life/70822.html>.
"My Philosophy of Life - Live Your Life to the Fullest." Essays24.com . Essays24.com, 10 2016. Web. 10 2016. <https://www.essays24.com/essay/My-Philosophy-of-Life-Live-Your-Life/70822.html>.
"My Philosophy of Life - Live Your Life to the Fullest." Essays24.com. 10, 2016. Accessed 10, 2016. https://www.essays24.com/essay/My-Philosophy-of-Life-Live-Your-Life/70822.html.
- Poetry Analysis
- West Side Story
- Tuesdays with Morrie
- the pardoner's tale
- The Yellow Wallpaper
- Fast Food Nation
- man's search for meaning
- A Worn Path
- The Monkey's Paw
Live Life To The Fullest
Across the world, it is commonly believed that one is given one life to live; the choice to take advantage of the universe’s worldly pleasures and nature’s beauty or to simply live life routinely is left in the hands of those who walk the earth. Hart Crane’s “The Bridge: The Brooklyn Bridge” speaks to those who may live their lives plainly, while also giving credit to God for creating an abundance of immaculate beauty across the Earth. Through further analysis of the poem using the SOAPSTone method, one may observe that the purpose of this poem is not only for the speaker to give credit where he or she believes credit is due, but to inform and warn others that life is short, and living life monotonously is wasteful.
The speaker begins with an apostrophe which directly addresses God and his ability to create the days of life, more specifically the “dawns” that “chill from his rippling rest.” The speaker is either a man or a woman who is observing the world from “across the harbor,” watching humankind spend their days moving hastily and boringly. He or she is able to observe and analyze those who are moving “out of some subway scuttle…speed[ing] to thy prophets,” suggesting that at one point he or she, too, lived life this way, and understands how wasteful it is. The shift from imagery of the world to criticism of those who walk it suggest that he or she is either a middle-aged or elderly individual who is reflecting on those who inhabit the physically world in a somewhat critical manner.
ready to help you now
Without paying upfront
Mankind’s predictability is becoming increasingly easier to foretell- an idea that is suggested as the world reminds the speaker of “cinemas, panoramic sleights With multitudes towards some flashing scene.” The occasion takes place in present day life, for the speaker refers to the “traffic lights,” “subway scuttle,” and “caravan[s]” that result in the restlessness and repetitious nature of mankind. These habits are becoming so mundane that the speaker is growing increasingly more appreciative of God’s effect on the world, such as “thy cable” which “breathe the North Atlantic still.” The speaker continuously shifts from description of his or her observances to the slow, stillness of the bodies of water around him in every stanza, creating the idea that although he or she is aware of the beauties and “immaculate sigh of stars,” the fact that others are not is causing him or her stress.
Because he or she shifts focuses various times throughout the work, the audience could be seen as either those who inhabit the Earth, or God himself. Initially, the speaker directly addresses his creator, and continuously mentions his or her fascination when realizing that he or she is part of such a beautiful universe. Reference to the universe’s “condense eternity” and similes such as “as apparitioned as sails that cross some page of figures” show that he or she appreciates the beauties of life and understands just how fleeting and temporary they are. These references could suggest that the speaker’s audience is God himself, and he or she is intending to thank or honor him. Additionally, when the speaker refers to “thee, across the harbor, silver paced” it could also be true that the audience are those who live life “tilting there momently” and never truly taking in life’s beauty.
After understanding who the speaker is addressing as uses metaphors to compare the seagulls that “shed… white rings of tumult” that alter God’s sky and personification such as “speechless caravan” to indirectly criticize those who are not taking full advantage of life, it becomes clear that the purpose of the piece is to not only recognize the natural beauties of the world and give credit to “thee, vaulting the sea,” but to explain to those who walk “across the harbor” that life is merely a “swift Unfractionated idiom” and must be cherished, not thrown away. While the purpose may shift between stanzas as the speaker addresses world’s beauty versus the swiftness of those who walk on it, the overall message remains: one must spend their life gracefully and appreciatively.
The subject, as stated previously, shifts from those who inhabit Earth, and God, along with his prophets who show “reprieve and pardon” on those who walk through life without taking full advantage of it. When the speaker refers to the sights he observes in the physical world, he introduces them as slow, peaceful, and intense- an idea which he or she uses to contrast with the fast-paced society. He or she refers to “snow” which “submerges an iron year”- a sign that darkness and coldness solidify another year wastes among those who go through life with repetition.
Similar to the way the stanzas shift, the tone is also constantly shifting, which proves just how thrown off the speaker is by his observances. As he or she views life’s beauty, the tone appears to be calm, introspective, and appreciative, as if a spectator is commenting positively on a movie that is being played before him. The ‘movie’ analogy is used in this scene just before an apostrophe is used again. This device, however, now refers to “thee, across the harbor” who lives an ordinary, predictable life. When referring to humankind, the speaker’s tone is disappointed. He or she refers to the “City’s fiery parcels” as “undone,” meaning that humans’ speed has caused chaos and “toil.” While the work may seem as though it criticises the world’s inhabitants, it also shows a great esteem for the speaker’s Creator. The shame and disappointment he or she feels while life goes on, wasted, emphasizes just how meaningful life is to the speaker, and highlights the theme of the work: to live mundanely is entirely wasteful.
Cite this page
You can get a custom paper by one of our expert writers
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- English Literature
- The Hunger Games
- Character Analysis
Check more samples on your topics
Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.
Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” This quote by James Dean is of great significance to me; it is what I live by. I feel it puts an optimistic outlook on my life. This quote can sum up my life so exactly because of my core beliefs. I believe
Analysis of Instinct and the Ancient Mariner – Live and Let Live
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
The lone, repentant survivor of an ill-fated ocean journey in Coleridge’s poem, “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner,” committed a sin but received mercy and redemption that spurred him to spread his bittersweet tale for the benefit of others. His perplexing decision to kill a playful albatross that had followed his ship for days
Life To Live- Part 1
Many have dwelled up on the subject, each has its own perspective. The perspective gets generated from the experience and what they say life is an experience; then how to live life; does that mean one should get guidded by others experiences; the problem is each one may observe differently the same event, each will
One Life to Live (soap opera)
One Life to Live is a soap opera broadcasted on the ABC channel on the weekdays. I started to watch this show when I was a sophomore in high school, and when I used to come home from school, my mom would be watching it. That is how I got addicted to it. The story
A Life Ended Before It Even Had the Opportunity to Live
Pro-life. What does that mean? Pro-life to me, means everyone has a say. Even if that say is coming from a baby. Being pregnant is such a precious gift from God. one should not just through that gift away. Some may have abortions because of the situation of the baby, but there are more options
Descriptions of the Community I Live In
The community in which I live is culturally diverse. There is a large Muslim community and Mosques which serve the community. Also there are Baptist and United Reform churches. There are a number of parks which are filled with young families during warm summer days in particular. There is also a local youth football team
Effectiveness of Live Remote Captions
Research Proposal Topic Effectiveness of Live Remote Captions (LRC) in improving the performance of hearing impaired students Background Education is considered a fundamental right. It has also been mentioned as an important element in the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Human Rights Covenants, which have force of international laws. Respective governments, non-governmental organizations and
If You Could Live Anywhere In The World Sample
This is a large planet with differences from one block to the following. But if you could populate anyplace. any state. where would it be? Possibly you want to populate in your place state? Possibly you wouldn’t go forth where you are right now. As for me. I would wish to see Brazil. possibly Argentina.
Describe the Community you Live in
Highlight some of the variations you may observe in terms of: Interests Beliefs Ages Lifestyles Personal, social and cultural identities. There is a different mix of people within the community in which I live. In the immediate community there are many variations; in the CUL De sac in which I live, it is occupied by
Hi, my name is Amy 👋
In case you can't find a relevant example, our professional writers are ready to help you write a unique paper. Just talk to our smart assistant Amy and she'll connect you with the best match.
100+ inspiring quotes about living life to the fullest.
The #1 regret people mention while lying on their deathbeds is, “I wish I had the courage to live the life I really wanted.” It is an insightful admission and an invaluable bit of wisdom. Yet far too many of us, regardless of knowing this fact, still take life for granted.
We know we should be doing things differently. We know we want to be living our life to the fullest, yet, way too many of us still spend countless years in a job we don’t love, in a relationship we don’t like, living out our lives in the exact opposite of what we really want. And tragically, too many of us, let our days pass us by in an uninspired state of mere existence.
But this doesn’t have to be the case, not for you. Which is why we are publishing this post. Our aim is to ensure that when the end comes for you, your heart won’t be filled with regret over living a life half lived . So, to stave off such a possibility, we’ve pulled together these amazing quotes about living life to the fullest. So please, embrace them as words of wisdom and perhaps a gentle nudge for you to seize the day. But most importantly, allow them to inspire you to live your life the way it should be lived… fully.
Without further ado, here are the most inspiring quotes about living your life to its fullest, enjoy!
100+ Best Quotes About Living Life to The Fullest
1. “ Success is loving life and daring to live it.” – Maya Angelou
2. “You are what you do, not what you say you do.” – Carl Jung
3. “Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.” – Danny Kaye
“Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.” – Danny Kaye
4. “Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.” – Anais Nin
5. “Doing nothing gets you nothing.” – Sean Reichle
6. “For Every Reason It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
“For Every Reason It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
7. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” – Elanor Roosevelt
8. “Live life to the fullest because it only happens once.” – Maddi Jenkins
9. “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” – Steve Maraboli
10. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
11. “Live everyday as if it were going to be your last; for one day you’re sure to be right.” – Harry Morant
12 . “ There is only one success, to be able to spend your life in your own way . ” – Christopher Morley
13. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
14. “We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, or more deeply engrossed in anything, than when we are at play.” – Charles Schaefer
15. “It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts.” – Adlai Stevenson
16. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did. ” – Mark Twain
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did.” – Mark Twain
17. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
Live Your Life, Your Way
You only have one life to live, so be sure to live it your way. Yes, you’ll have to eventually stop worrying what others think of your choices, but when you do, the life you’ve always imagined will become even more possible for you.
With that said, you’ll enjoy this next section as consists of some of our top quotes about living life your way. So, let’s keep to it.
Related: Best Books on Living Life to The Fullest
18. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
19. “Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive – the risk to be alive and express what we really are.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
20. “ Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
21. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
22. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage .” – Anais Nin
23. “Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life.” – Live Life Quote
“Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life.” – Live Life Quote
24. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” – Arthur Rubinstein
25. “ The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ” – Eleanor Roosevelt
26. “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” – Henry David Thoreau
“Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” – Henry David Thoreau
27. “If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud.” – Emile Zola
28. “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” – Benjamin Franklin
29. “Only when we let go of fear do we allow ourselves to live life to the fullest.” – Maria Koszler
30. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “Now how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” – Seneca
32. “Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.” – Oscar Wilde
33 . “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
34. “ It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts. ” – Adlai Stevenson
The Only Way to Live Life: To The Fullest
Life can be tough, it has its challenges. But, life also has its breaks. And the people living their best lives, are the ones who persist through those challenges, and then… have the audacity to believe they deserve the best life has to offer them.
We believe you deserve it, but you have to believe it. So, believe you deserve the greatest life has to offer, and then get busy living out your adventure!
Related: Yes – Follow Your Dreams
35. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” – William Feather
36. “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Bault
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Bault
37. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
38. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear .” – Jack Canfield
39. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” – Bruce Lee
40. “Live life to the fullest.” – Earnest Hemingway
“Live life to the fullest.” – Earnest Hemingway
41. “Live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find eternity in each moment.” – Henry David Thoreau
42. “We all have two lives. the second one starts when we realize we only have one.” – Tom Hiddleston
43. “Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you! Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing!” – Oscar Wilde
“Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you! Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing!” – Oscar Wilde
44. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” – Steve Jobs
45. “The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” – Theodore Roosevelt
46. “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.” – Roy Bennett
“If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.” – Roy Bennett
47. “Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing in.” – Katherine Mansfield
48. “Have no regrets in life because of the choices you make. Good or bad, they are a learning experience, to help you grow. The only regret in life, is to never make a choice at all.” – James Hauenstein
49. “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.” – Dalai Lama
50. “The best way to prepare for death is to live life to its fullest. ” – John Bytheway
“The best way to prepare for death is to live life to its fullest.” – John Bytheway
Best Living Life Quotes and Sayings
This next inspiring batch of quotes is all about living life the way it was meant to be lived, greatly. So, if you’re ready for even more inspiration, let’s dive into these powerful living life quotes and sayings.
51. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” – Robin Sharma
52. “I intend to live life, not just exist.” – George Takei
53. “Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird.” – Tony Robbins
“Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird.” – Tony Robbins
54. “Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it ; Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
55. “The best thing you can do for yourself is to invest in the one thing that really matters — YOU.” – Anonymous
56. “Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.” – Grace Hansen
“Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.” – Grace Hansen
57. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” – Anonymous
58. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
59. “Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.” – Anonymous
60. “Live the life you think you deserve.” – Anonymous
“Live the life you think you deserve.” – Anonymous
61. “Better an oops than a what if .” – Anonymous
62. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” – Jerry Spinello
63. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
64. “What great thing would you attempt, if you knew you could not fail.” – Robert H. Schuller
65. “The more you let go, the more you rise.” – Anonymous
66. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain .” – Dolly Parton
“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
67. “Life itself is a privilege. But to live life to the fullest — well, that is a choice.” – Any Andrews
68. “The best things in life aren’t things.” – Art Buchwald
69. “You are never too old to set another goal or too to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
70. “Don’t dream your life, but live your dream.” – Mark Twain
“Don’t dream your life, but live your dream.” – Mark Twain
71. “Live life to the fullest tomorrow may never be.” – Shah Rukh Khan
72. “Life is a gift. Wake up everyday and realize that.” – Anonymous
73. “Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, ‘What do I want to do everyday for the rest of my life?’…DO THAT.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
“Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, ‘What do I want to do everyday for the rest of my life?’…DO THAT.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
74. “Life is short. Do big things.” – Robin Sharma
75. “My philosophy in life is that you only live once. Life life to its fullest.” – Richard Branson
76. “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
“It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
77. “Living your best life is your most important journey in life.” – Oprah Winfrey
78. “Life is too short to live the same day twice.” – Jennifer Lopez
79. “Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. Laugh some every day. Keep growing, keep dreaming, keep following your heart . The important thing is not to stop questioning. ” – Albert Einstein
80. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
“Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
81. “We only have one life and one body to care of, and we better do it right. You never know what tomorrow may bring and so we better live this life the best we can and be grateful for everything we have.” – Novak Djokovic
82. “Life is a flash of lightning in the dark of night. It is a brief time of tremendous potential.” – B. Alan Wallace
83. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
“Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
84. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Joe Lewis
85. “You get one life. Live it in a way that inspires someone.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
86. “Live as you will wish to have lived when you are dying.” – Christian Gellert
“Live as you will wish to have lived when you are dying.” – Christian Gellert
87. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
88. “When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it.” – Christopher McCandles
89. “Live your life in your own unique way and be true to yourself.” – Josei Toda
90. “ Follow your dreams , they know the way.” – Kobe Yamada
“Follow your dreams, they know the way.” – Kobe Yamada
91. “Don’t wait for the right opportunity. Create it.” – George Bernard Shaw
92. “It’s your life. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for living it your way.” – Anonymous
93. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – Nicholas Sparks
“You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – Nicholas Sparks
94. “Destiny is not a matter of chance, it’s a matter of choice.” – Anonymous
95. “You owe it to yourself to live your best life now!” – Priscilla Q. Willaims
96. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen R. Covey
“Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen R. Covey
97. “One life. Just one. Why aren’t we running like we are on fire towards our wildest dreams?” – Anonymous
98. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
99. “You only have one life to live. Make sure it’s yours.” – Eleanor Brownn
100. “And now the end is here, and so I face that final curtain. My friend I’ll make it clear, I’ll state my case, of which I am certain. I’ve lived a life that’s full. I travelled each and every highway. And more, much more, I did it my way.” – Frank Sinatra
“And now the end is here, and so I face that final curtain. My friend I’ll make it clear, I’ll state my case, of which I am certain. I’ve lived a life that’s full. I travelled each and every highway. And more, much more, I did it my way.” – Frank Sinatra
101. “The measure of a great life is whether it matches your dream.” – Marie Forleo
102. “Life is not a spectator sport. If you’re going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you’re wasting your life.” – Jackie Robinson
103. “Look for the job that you would want to hold if you didn’t need a job. You’re probably only going to live once.” – Warren Buffett
“Look for the job that you would want to hold if you didn’t need a job. You’re probably only going to live once.” – Warren Buffett
104. “It’s my life And it’s now or never. I ain’t gonna live forever. I just want to live while I’m alive. My heart is like an open highway. Like Frankie said, “I did it my way”… I just want to live while I’m alive. ‘Cause it’s my life.” – Bon Jovi
105. “I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine.” – Neil Armstrong
Bonus Quote to Help You Live Life Full Out
Bonus: We have one last bonus quote for you. It is a wonderful quote that is both inspiring and a call to action. So, let it help you stop worrying and start living your life.
“Go For It Now. The Future Is Promised To No One.” – Wayne Dyer –
“Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” – Wayne Dyer
Final thoughts on Living Life to the Fullest
There you have it friends, 100+ best quotes about living life to the fullest. We hope these live life quotes at the very least encourage you to stop living a life that is less than inspiring. Because life is too short live it otherwise.
And lastly, never forget, there is no better time than now to decide to finally begin living the life you were meant to live. So, embrace these living life to the fullest quotes, and then get out there and strive to live your life until its brimming with awesomeness.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you liked these live life to the fullest quotes, then you’ll love this inspirational collection of quotes about following your dreams .
Like This Post?
STOP WAITING, START DOING. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW, AND HIT GO !
GET FIRED UP: 365 MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO ENCOURAGE YOUR SUCCESS DAILY
35+ BEST MILLIONAIRE MINDSET QUOTES TO HELP YOU GET RICH
The STRIVE is on a mission to inspire and uplift 1 billion people by 2032. Our primary aim is to help as many people as possible believe in the uncommon thought, that they can be more than they are, do more than they've done, and achieve more prosperity than they've ever dreamed possible. Let's achieve the impossible together.
You may like
50 WORK HARD PLAY HARD QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR BEST LIFE
STOP WAITING FOR SOMEDAY
100+ INSPIRATIONAL SHORT QUOTES ABOUT LIFE, LOVE, AND HAPPINESS
10 MUST-DO’S IF YOU WANT TO LIVE WITH PASSION
TOP 10 WAYS TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST
30 BEST SEIZE THE MOMENT QUOTES TO HELP YOU LIVE AT LEGENDARY
TOP 50+ CRISTIANO RONALDO QUOTES TO INSPIRE YOU TO BECOME YOUR BEST
Cristiano Ronaldo is the legendary Portuguese professional footballer who plays as a forward for Juventus and captains the Portugal national team. He was named the greatest Portuguese player of all time by the Portuguese Football federation, and is also considered by many to be one of the greatest players of all time within the sport itself.
“The Best Always Follow The Best”
Cristiano Ronaldo is also the first soccer player to ever earn over $1 billion dollars. He’s won five Ballon d’Or awards, is the first soccer player to win four European Golden Shoes, and was named by ESPN as the world’s most famous athlete. Without a doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo has achieved great success and is highly inspirational to many. Which is why we’ve pulled together these prolific Cristiano Ronaldo quotes; to inspire you to strive as he does to unleash your very best into the world.
So, without further ado, enjoy these inspirational Ronaldo quotes.
BEST CRISTIANO RONALDO QUOTES OF ALL-TIME
1. “In my mind, not just this year, always, I am always the best. And I am always going to say that.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
2. “Scoring goals is a great feeling, but the most important thing to me is that the team is successful – it doesn’t matter who scores the goals as long as we’re winning.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
3. “Dedication, hard work all the time, and belief .” – Cristiano Ronaldo
4. “Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
5. “I know If I score we’re going to win the match.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“I know If I score we’re going to win the match.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
6. “If you don’t believe you are the best , then you will never achieve all that you are capable of.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
7. “I feel endless need to learn, to improve, to evolve, not only to please the coach and the fans, but also to feel satisfied with myself.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
8. “I never tried to hide the fact that my only goal is to be the best” – Cristiano Ronaldo
9. “I’m living a dream I never want to wake up from.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
10. “Stay strong. Be brave . Go beyond.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“Stay strong. Be brave. Go beyond.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
11. “I see football as an art and all players are artists. If you are a top artist, the last thing you would do is paint a picture somebody else has already painted.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
12. “It gives me the happiest feeling in the world. I just love scoring. It doesn’t matter if it’s a simple goal from close range, a long shot or a dribble around several players, I just love to score all goals.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
13. “I respect your opinions. Maybe in your opinion Messi is better than me. But in my mind I am better than him.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
14. “I think it’s the best thing in life to have a kid.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
15. “The best players always follow the best players.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“The best players always follow the best players.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
16. “We don’t want to tell our dreams. We want to show them.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
17. “I know I’m a good professional, I know that no one’s harder on me than myself and that’s never going to change, under any circumstances.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
18. “I want to be remembered as part of the group of the greatest players ever.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
19. “Talent isn’t everything. You can have it from the cradle, but it is necessary to learn the trade to be the best.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
20. “It’s not about the money. It’s about the passion.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“It’s not about the money. It’s about the passion.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
21. “The high point of my career was winning the Champions League. No one will ever erase that from my memory, in the same way that no one will ever erase the fact that I did it in a Manchester United shirt.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
22. “If we can’t help our family, who are we going to help?” – Cristiano Ronaldo
23. “I don’t see anyone better than me. No player does things that I cannot do myself, but I see things others can’t do. There’s no more complete player than me. I’m the best player in history — in the good and the bad moments.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
24. “We should make the most of life . Enjoy it!” – Cristiano Ronaldo
25. “I think the numbers, they say everything.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“I think the numbers, they say everything.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
Motivational CR7 Quotes
We hope you are enjoying these Ronaldo quotes, you’re about halfway through. If by then end of the page, you found a quote you liked, please share it to inspire others around you.
Thanks in advance! Now, let’s get back to this next section of motivating CR7 quotes.
Related: Cristiano Ronaldo Net Worth
27. “You have to work. I try to do it almost everyday and this is why I am in the top level for many many years.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
26. “The most important thing is the family. Keep your family healthy, good, and take care of your family, because this is the most important thing in the world.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
28. “I just try to do my best every season.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
29. “I really like to put myself under pressure to see what I can do.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
30. “Talent without working hard is nothing.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“Talent without working hard is nothing.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
31. “My focus is to be a good man, and do my job properly.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
32. All the achievement that I get comes from dedication and hard work .” – Cristiano Ronaldo
33. “I am living a dream I never want to wake up from.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
34. “I still remember when my teacher told me that football wouldn’t give me anything to eat.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
35. “If you think you’re perfect already, then you never will be.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“If you think you’re perfect already, then you never will be.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
36. “I don’t want to be compared to anyone – I’d like to impose my own style of play and do the best for myself and for the club here.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
37. “I think sometimes the best training is to rest.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
38. “I’m not going to change the world. You’re not going to change the world. But we can help – we can all help.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
39. “It is my conviction that here are no limits to learning, and that it can never stop, no matter what our age.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
40. “ Dreams are not what you see in your sleep, they are the things that don’t let you sleep” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“Dreams are not what you see in your sleep, they are the things that don’t let you sleep” – Cristiano Ronaldo
41. “I want to consistently play well and win titles. I’m only at the beginning.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
42. “Without football, my life is worth nothing.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
43. “I have my flaws too, but I am a professional who doesn’t like to miss or lose.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
44. “In football, I don’t have a lot of friends. The people who I really trust, there are not many… Most of the time, I’m alone.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
45. “Maybe they hate me because I’m too good!” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“Maybe they hate me because I’m too good!” – Cristiano Ronaldo
46. “I never tried to hide the fact that my only goal is to be the best.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
47. “I’m proud to play for Real Madrid because I have fun; when you no longer have fun it’s a sign that it’s time to leave. For now though, I’m happy here at the greatest club in the world.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
48. “There is no harm in dreaming of becoming the world’s best player. It is all about trying to be the best. I will keep working hard to achieve it but it is within my capabilities.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
49. “I see myself as the best footballer in the world. If you don’t believe you are the best, then you will never achieve all that you are capable of.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
50. “To be the best you need the best.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“To be the best you need the best.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
51. “I am not a perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
52. “I never tried to hide the fact that it is my intention to become the best.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
53. “If you think you’re perfect already, then you never will be.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
54. “You need to think big . I always believe that nobody is better than me, out on this pitch at least.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
55. “Believe all the time that.. it’s going to be possible.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
“Believe all the time that.. it’s going to be possible.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
56. “Effort, dedication, work hard, because talent is not enough anymore.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
57. “It’s good to have problems. It’s the only way that you can improve.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
Bonus Ronaldo Quote
Bonus: Alright, here’s one last bonus quote for you. We’ve listed it here, because out of all of these Ronaldo quotes, it best encapsulates his modus operandi. Enjoy!
“Winning – that’s the most important to me. It’s as simple as that.” Cristiano Ronaldo
Related: Lionel Messi Quotes
Key Takeaways From These Ronaldo Quotes
There you have, the best of the best Cristiano Ronaldo quotes. We hope they helped you peer into the mind of this legend in the making. Providing you a glimpse of the success ethos that has allowed him to become the best.
So, some key takeaways from these Cristiano quotes are: there is power in having an unmatched confidence in yourself and your abilities, talent is nothing without hard work, success comes to those who want it the most, and winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing .
With that being said, leverage these Ronaldo quotes, and let them push you to want to be the best, and you’ll be well on your way to becoming your best.
Till next time,
PS – If you enjoyed the inspiration from these Cristiano Ronaldo quotes, then you’ll love this inspiring Cristiano Ronaldo Success Story .
50 BEST QUOTES TO INSPIRE YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY TOWARDS SUCCESS
Achieving success is a process, not an event. It’s a journey , and journeys are more often than not, long and rife with difficulties and unexpected challenges. The great news is, if you’re currently struggling with your dreams and goals at the moment, you can take comfort in the knowledge that it is all part of the process. With that having been said, we are publishing this list of uplifting quotes to inspire you on your journey towards success.
So, if you’re looking for some inspiring quotes to encourage you on your journey of success, then let’s dive into these inspiring success journey quotes.
MOST INSPIRING JOURNEY TO SUCCESS QUOTES
1. “Success is not a destination, it’s a journey” – Zig Ziglar
2. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
3. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
4. “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance, and then even the small steps and the little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.” – Oprah Winfrey
5. “Success is never final. Failure is never fatal.” – Winston Churchill
“Success is never final. Failure is never fatal.” – Winston Churchill
6. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
7. “Not everyone will understand your journey, and that’s okay, because you are here to make progress, not to make everyone understand.” – Success Journey Quote
8. “Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.” – Arthur Ashe
9. “Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently.” – Marie Forleo
10. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
11. “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means, keep moving.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
12. “It’s all about the journey not the outcome.” – Carl Lewis
13. “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” – Bobby Unser
14. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
15. “Success is a journey. The best form of transport is happiness.” – Roy Smoothe
“Success is a journey. The best form of transport is happiness.” – Roy Smoothe
16. “Don’t expect anyone to understand your journey, especially if they’ve never walked your path.” – Anonymous
17. “The journey towards success is not always easy or upwards.” – Eugine Bouchard
18. “Patience, persistence and perspirations make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
19. “To me, the best part of success, is the journey!” – Latif Mercado
20. “Failure is often part of the journey to success.” – Anonymous
“Failure is often part of the journey to success.” – Anonymous
21. “Life’s too short not to enjoy the journey to success. And success starts with taking care of yourself. We only get one chance at life—why not reach our fullest potential? – Jim Rohn
22. “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.” – Success Journey Quote
23. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
24. “I use pain to push me to greatness.” – Eric Thomas
25. “Celebrate what you’ve accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.” – Mia Hamm
“Celebrate what you’ve accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.” – Mia Hamm
26. “You know you are on the right track when you have no interest in looking back.” – Anonymous
27. “In the journey to success, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” – Aliko Dangate
28. “The end of a journey means that start of another one.” – Anonymous
29. “There are no secrets to success. [Success] is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
30. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
31. Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.” – Matsuo Basho
32. “There is only one map to the journey of life and it lives within your heart.” – Willie Nelson
33. “Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything. Maybe it’s about unbecoming everything that isn’t really you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.” – Anonymous
34. “Achievement seems to be connected with action . Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
35. “Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.” – Tim Fargo
“Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.” – Tim Fargo
36. “Your life journey is about learning to become more of who you are and fulfilling the highest, truest expression of yourself as a human being.” – Oprah Winfrey
37. “Sometimes the longest journey we make is sixteen inches from our heads to our hearts.” – Elena Avila
38. “When setting out on a journey, do not seek advice from those who have never left home.” – Rumi
39. “Success is about dedication. You may not be where you want to be or do what you want to do when you’re on the journey. But you’ve got to be willing to have vision and foresight that leads you to an incredible end.” – Usher
40. “Success is a journey, not a destination. It requires constant effort, vigilance and reevaluation.” – Mark Twain
“Success is a journey, not a destination. It requires constant effort, vigilance and reevaluation.” – Mark Twain
41. “The road to success is always under construction.” – Anonymous
42. “Success is in the journey, but the reward is the view from the top.” – Larry Stevens
43. “Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself .” – Lolly Daskal
44. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” – Greg Anderson
45. “I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.” – Anonymous
“I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.” – Anonymous
46. “Peace is the best journey. Happiness is the best destination.” – Ragu
47. “Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
48. “Success for me isn’t a destination it’s a journey. Everybody’s working to get to the top but where is the top? It’s all about working harder and getting better and moving up and up.” – Rihanna
49. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
50. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can .” – Arthur Ashe
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
Bonus Success Journey Quote
Bonus: Alright, here is our last quote to inspire you on your journey to success.
“Stay Patient and Trust The Journey.”
You’ve made it to the end of our success journey quotes list and we hope you are a little more inspired than when you arrived. If you enjoyed a quote or two, please share them with someone who could use a few encouraging words on their journey towards success.
That said, thanks for stopping and come back soon.
Until you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed our Journey to Success Quotes, then you’ll love these Quotes on Success and Acheivement.
50 BEST ALPHA MALE QUOTES TO INSPIRE THE BEST IN YOU
Being an Alpha Male is more than just having a certain personality type, it’s a mode of being. Many people, especially in these more modern times, would describe an Alpha Male as someone who is arrogant, insensitive, selfish, and highly competitive. Indeed, it appears as though the concept of the Alpha Male has received a bad rap as of late. But, the Alpha Male is still, and will very likely always be highly valued and worthy of pursuit. In fact, according to Harvard Business Review, 70% of all senior executives are Alpha Males. 
“Lesser Men Believe In Luck Or In Circumstance, But The Alpha Male Believes In Cause And Effect.”
That said, the dictionary describes an Alpha Male as a male who has the highest rank in a dominance hierarchy, as well as a man who is dominate, powerful, and assertive. But an Alpha Male is also a man who is strong and successful, it’s a man who takes charge, leads, works hard, and is driven to achieve his potential. In short, the Alpha Male is a man who strives.
So, to highlight the Alpha Male, and that strong personality trait that is driven to dream big, work hard, and achieve the impossible, we’re publishing this handful of inspiring Alpha Male quotes. May they encourage you to unleash your inner Alpha Male today!
BEST ALPHA MALE QUOTES
This first section includes a collection of our handpicked quotes from Alpha Males as well as popular Alpha Male sayings. These are the best Alpha Male quotes as they are the best at putting the Alpha in Alpha male. In short, they are our top 10 Alpha Male quotes. So, enjoy:
1. “A lion does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep.” – Alpha Male
2. “The alpha male is always willing to walk away.” – Roosh V
3. “When you are wrong, admit it. When you are right, be quiet.” – Anonymous
4. “I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!” – Theodore Roosevelt
5. “I am not here for no easy fights.” – Tyson Fury
6. “Losing is losing, there aren’t different degrees of losing. You either win a championship or you’re sh**. It’s very black & white to me.” – Kobe Bryant
7. “Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Find a man who has a heart of poet, the fearlessness of a warrior, and the will of a conqueror, and there you will find your Alpha Male.” – Atlas Rowe
9. “If you don’t believe you are the best, then you will never achieve all that you are capable of.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
10. “The King eats first.” – Sean Walen
Alpha Sayings From Notable Alpha Males
This next batch of Alpha Male quotes is a list of quotes from famous individuals that best exemplifies the spirit of the Alpha Male.
11. “Don’t expect to be motivated every day to get out there and make things happen. You won’t be. Don’t count on motivation. Count on Discipline.” – Jocko Willink
12. “If nobody hates you, nobody knows you.” – Grant Cardone
13. “If you don’t play to win, don’t play at all.” – Tom Brady
14. “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk
15. “A harmless man is not a good man. A good man, is a very, very dangerous man who has it under voluntary control.” – Jordan Peterson
16. “ If you want a thing done well, do it yourself. ” – Napoleon Bonaparte
17. “Show me a good loser, and I’ll show you a loser.” – Vince Lombardi
18. “In my mind, not just this year, always, I am always the best. And I am always going to say that.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
19. “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.” – David Goggins
20. “Be obsessed or be average.” – Grant Cardone
21. “Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “There is only hard work, late nights, early mornings, practice, rehearsal, repetition, study, sweat, blood, toil, frustration, and discipline.” – Jocko Willink
23. “Haters are all failures. It’s 100% across the board. No one who is truly brilliant at anything is a hater.” – Joe Rogan
24. “I was always very intense. As a kid already I was very intense, and I was very hungry. I always wanted to be the best, I always to be number one, I always wanted to get to the top. I never believed in just getting by.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
25. “We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage.” – Theodore Roosevelt
26. “Don’t be surprised if I behave like a savage. I am a savage.” – Mike Tyson
27. “We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.” – Earl Nightingale
28. “Blood, sweat, & respect. The first two you give. Last one you earn.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
29. “Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.” – John F. Kennedy
30. “[There’s] only one king in the jungle. Hey, you cannot be interim king, only one king.” – Khabib Nurmagomedov
Most Inspiring Alpha Male Quotes
This last batch of quotes consists of some of the most inspiring Alpha Male quotes we’ve come across. Some of the quotes provide useful insightfulness and clarity on what it means to be Alpha, while others effectively exemplify the character and essence of the Alpha Male.
31. “Hard times don’t last, but hard men do.” – Victor Pride
32. “If you hate laziness, love taking action, and respect a worthy opponent, you may be an Alpha Male” – Atlas Rowe
33. “I don’t ever give up. I’d have to be dead or really incapacitated.” – Elon Musk
34. “ Winners never quit , and quitters never win. Do the work. Quit your whining, and complaining. Make yourself your own mental point of origin.” – Rich Cooper
35. “Weak and overwhelmed individuals respond to other’s success by attacking it.” – Grant Cardone
36. “An alpha male’s worst-enemy is that of mediocrity and low expectations.” – Nathan Lee Morales
37. “Pain precedes strength.” – Sean Walen
38. “The average man doesn’t try very hard. So if you try very hard, it’s impossible to be average.” – Andrew Tate
39. “I wish I were a little more Beta said no Alpha Male ever!” – Atlas Rowe
40. “Lower your standards for no one.” – Alpha Quote
41. “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk
42. “Nothing in this world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty.” – Teddy Roosevelt
43. “I love to win.” – Dana White
44. “Greatness and madness are next door neighbors and they often borrow each other’s sugar.” – Joe Rogan
45. “Most alpha males protect the underdog, keep the peace, and reassure those who are distressed.” – Frans de Waal
46. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell
47. “Alpha males dream big , work hard, and strive relentlessly to achieve the impossible.” – The Strive
48. “The alpha male does what the other lions fail to do. He reminds himself time and again that he is the alpha, and second to none.” – Dhanush Bangera
49. “Real lions like to hunt. They love the process just as much as they love the prize.” – Eric Thomas
50. “It’s so easy to be great these days, because everyone else is so weak.” – David Goggins
Bonus Alpha Quote
Bonus: Here it is, our last and final Alpha Male quote. We believe it sums up the highest essence of the Alpha Male.
“The Strongest Man In The World Is He Who Stands Alone.” – Henrik Ibsen –
Alright, there you have it, the best of the best when it comes to Alpha Male quotes. We are all about pursuing excellence and reaching for the highest and best that life has to offer here at the strive.
Therefore, we hope these alpha quotes inspire you to reach for the highest and best within you.
PS – If you enjoyed these Alpha Male quotes then you’ll really appreciate these great quotes on ambition and these powerful warrior quotes .
THE NICK VUJICIC STORY
Nick Vujicic is a highly successful motivational speaker, international bestselling author, entrepreneur, and investor. But what makes Nick so remarkable isn’t just his accomplishments in the world of business and speaking; it’s his incredible story of overcoming adversity.
“Obstacles Equal Opportunities” – nick vujicic –
Despite being born without arms and legs due to a rare birth condition, he’s managed turn his obstacles into opportunities and achieve a wildly successful life. As such, we aim to zero-in on the mindset and methods he used in this Nick Vujicic Story.
In this story, we will take a closer look at Nick’s journey and showcase how he’s become a beacon of hope for millions of people all across the world. By understanding the steps he’s taken to become successful, we can better apply his principles to our own lives and hopefully conquer our own mountains.
With that said, if you’re ready to learn about the mindset of one of the inspiring humans alive, let’s dive right in to Nick Vujicic’s story.
THE NICK VUJICIC SUCCESS STORY
Nick was born in Melbourne, Australia in 1982. He was born with a disorder known as tetra-amelia syndrome, a rare condition that leaves the newborn without limbs.
From the first day he was born, he faced the realities of a hard world. His own mother struggled with his condition, and refused to hold him as a newborn.
It took his family some time to come to terms with his condition. They left the hospital as soon as they could, to avoid the unwanted attention caused by Nick’s condition.
The family struggled with Nick’s condition at first, but they eventually realized they had to deal with it, and raise their young child as best as they could.
Nick’s parents would go on to encourage him to be optimistic, and look for the silver lining in all-things. Of course, he would struggle with his peers because of how he looked.
He would even get bullied and mocked from time to time. The teasing strengthened Vujicic, but, it almost killed him. Especially when Nick considered what perceived as a hopeless future, where he’d never be able to hold a job, have a family, or get married.
In fact, when Vujicic was just 10 years old he considered taking his own life. He attempted to drown himself in his bathtub. But, the thought of how much it would pain his parents to take his own life, on top of the fact that they already had child born with such challenges, caused him to opt out.
Change Of Heart
As Vujicic grew older, he began to see the light. For years he was bitter, and angry at the world and God for his condition. Often times crying out to God, begging him for a miracle, that his arms and legs might reappear.
But, after stumbling across a specific chapter (chapter 9) in the Gospel of John, he had a change of heart. Instead of being angry and upset because of his situation, he started to look at the purpose behind his challenges.
He realized that much of his suffering was due to his attitude , the incorrect assessment of his value, and his perceived limitations. He found a new hope.
Thus, as a teenager he began sharing his message of hope, purpose, and the benefits of resilience with people at his school. He then began giving inspirational speeches at schools and events throughout his community.
A Star Is Born
Once Nick Vujicic accepted the truth of his value, the truth of his purpose, and the truth of his destiny, a star was truly born.
Nick’s change of heart opened up all sorts of opportunities for him. His message and his empowering mindset became infectious to all who would listen.
Before he knew it, Nick was being asked to give speeches not just across town, but across the country. Then, across the ocean, then the world.
Nick’s courage and tenacity for life would help him become one of the most in-demand and successful motivational speakers in modern-history. He’s since travelled to 78 countries and counting, has presented on over 3,500 different stages, and touched the hearts of hundreds of millions of people.
He’s also become a best-selling author of multiple books , a family-man with four children and a beautiful wife, and has started his own international non-profit ministry, Life Without Limbs.
On top of it all, he managed to become a multimillionaire, achieving an estimated net worth of approximately 2.5 million. It’s safe to say, Vujicic has achieved massive success.
Success Ethos | Nick Vujicic’s Story of Success
Nick Vujicic’s story is an inspiration to many. His life has been filled with many obstacles, but his willingness and ability to reframe his challenges, has helped him become the success he is today.
That said, here are just a few of his best and wisest words. Words that perfectly encapsulate the mindset that’s helped him surmount obstacles and achieve so much:
“In Life You Have A Choice: Bitter Or Better? Choose Better, Forget Bitter.” – nick vujicic –
“Defeat Only Happens To Those Who Refuse To Try Again.” – nick vujicic –
“Character Cannot Be Developed In Ease And Quiet. Only Through Experience Of Trial And Suffering Can The Soul Be Strengthened, Ambition Inspired, And Success Achieved.” – nick vujicic –
“If You Can’t Get A Miracle, Become One.” – nick vujicic –
Related: Nick Vujicic Quotes
Video Credit: 60 Minutes Australia ( Subscribe )
There you have it, the inspiring story of Nick Vujicic. A story of redemption, realization, and transformation. A story of a man born without arms and legs; who went from feeling hopeless, depressed, and confused, to leaning into his challenges and living out his true purpose.
Certainly, we could all learn from Nick’s positive attitude and powerful mindset. And use him as an inspiration to live our lives on purpose and to their full potential .
100 QUOTES ABOUT POTENTIAL TO INSPIRE THE BEST IN YOU
Have you ever wondered to yourself, “Am I living up to my full potential?” If so, worry not, because you are not alone. In fact, this is question that most high achievers often ask themselves. And the fact that you’re even asking yourself this question, means your headed in the right direction; upward and onward. That said, to encourage your growth, we’ve rounded up some of the most inspiring quotes about potential.
Our hope is that they’ll help you gain better clarity about your potential, and all the great things you’ve still yet to do in this life. But most importantly, we hope they inspire you to take action towards achieving your potential. So, if you’re ready to be inspired, let’s dive into these powerful quotes about reaching your potential:
BEST QUOTES ABOUT POTENTIAL
1. “Everyone has a potential to be something huge. Not everyone sees it.” – Colonel Sanders
2. “The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming. You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potential and stretch yourself to the limit.” – Jim Rohn
3. “Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.” – Bruce Lee
4. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
5. “You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.” – Rumi
6. “Your life is your story, and the adventure ahead of you is the journey to fulfill your own purpose and potential.” – Denzel Washington
7. “Consult not your fears but your hopes and dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.” – Pope john XXIII
8. “We are all guilty of allowing so-called experts, or just people who have more experience in a given field than we do, to cap our potential.” – David Goggins
9. “True success is reaching our potential without compromising our values.” – Muhammad Ali
10. “You Can. End of Story.” – Cory Lewis
11. “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” – Confucius
12. “Infinite striving to be the best is man’s duty; it is its own reward. Everything else is in God’s hands.” – Gandhi
13. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
14. “Potential is a priceless treasure, like gold. All of us have gold hidden within, but we have to dig to get it out.” – Joyce Meyer
15. “Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
16. “To uncover your true potential, you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.” – Picabo Street
17. “The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives.” – Albert Schweitzer
18. “Faith will get you to a point. Luck will get you to a point. But to achieve the kind of success you dream about, you need to work. There are no shortcuts, you can’t cheat life, just get to work and don’t stop until you reach your highest potential.” – Denzel Washington
19. “The trial you encounter will introduce you to your strengths, remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential.” – Epictetus
20. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” – Ernest Hemingway
21. “There’s nothing anyone can do to prevent you from reaching your potential; the challenge is for you to identify your dream, develop the skills to get there, and exhibit character and leadership. Then, you need to have the courage to periodically reassess, make adjustments, and pursue a course that reflects who you truly are.” – Robert Steven Kaplan
22. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.” – Og Mandino
24. “Arrogance steals your potential. Preparation and effort accelerate your chances at reaching your potential.” – Patrick Bet-David
25. “If You’re Circle Doesn’t Inspire You… You Don’t Have a Circle, You Have a Cage.” – Anonymous
26. “Life is a flash of lightning in the dark of night. It is a brief time of tremendous potential.” – B. Alan Wallace
27. “Man’s greatest burden is unfulfilled potential.” – Dan Peña
28. “You are in danger of living a life so comfortable and soft, that you will die without ever realizing your true potential.” – David Goggins
29. “Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway.” – Mary Kay Ash
30. “You always want to outwork your potential.” – Kobe Bryant
31. “Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential.” – Tony Robbins
32. “If you don’t learn how to untangle your feelings from your actions, you’ll never unlock your true potential.” – Mel Robbins
33. “Our potential is one thing. What we do with it is quite another.” – Angela Duckworth
34. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
35. “Your potential is limitless. You are unique, valuable, capable, and worthy of the dreams in your heart. Most of all, you have what it takes.” – Marie Forleo
36. “If you principles are the foundations of who you are, then your potential is limitless.” – Ray Lewis
37 . “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.” – Roy T. Bennett
38. “You have the potential to be anything you want.” – Fran Watson
39. “Quit settling for reality and focus on your potential.” – Grant Cardone
40. “Persistence is the last key that unlocks potential.” – Anonymous
41. “Every human life contains potential, if that potential is not fulfilled, then that life is wasted.” – Carl Jung.
42. “Difficulties and adversities viciously force all their might on us and cause us to fall apart, but they are necessary elements of individual growth and reveal our true potential. We have got to endure and overcome them, and move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
43. “Life’s too short not to enjoy the journey to success. And success starts with taking care of yourself. We only get one chance at life—why not reach our fullest potential?” – Jim Rohn
44. “It is only through raising expectations and striving for excellence that our children can reach their full potential.” – Brad Henry
45. “We all have tremendous potential, and we all are blessed with gifts. Yet the one thing that holds all of us back is some degree of self-doubt.” – Robert Kiyosaki
46. “Leadership is communicating people’s worth and potential so clearly that they come to see it themselves.” – Stephen R. Covey
47 . “My purpose on this planet is to live up to my potential, everything else just adds to the experience.” – Isaac Mashman
48. “Fear and self-doubt have always been the greatest enemies of human potential.” – Brian Tracy
49. “Aim high enough that you will have to stretch your ability and your potential to reach it.” – Mary Kay Ash
50. “Create your legacy by fulfilling your potential.” – Gino Norris
51. “Being confident and believing in your own self-worth is necessary to achieving your potential.” – Sheryl Sandberg
52. “There is no man living who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can do.” – Henry Ford
53. “All we are not stares back at what we are.” – W.H. Auden
54. “Link yourself to your potential, not to your past.” – Stephen Covey
55. “You have a greater potential than anyone who has ever lived before you! But you’ll never “make it” by sitting on your duff and telling the world how great you’re going to be, starting tomorrow.: – Og Mandino
56. “Everyone has inside himself a piece of good news! The good news is that you really don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
57. “Most haters are stuck in a poisonous mental prison of jealousy and self-doubt that blinds them to their own potentiality.” – Steve Maraboli
58. “Your past is not your potential. In any hour you can choose to liberate the future.” – Marilyn Ferguson
59. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
60. “Anything you can imagine you can create.” – Oprah Winfrey
61. “You’re alive. That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything, dream anything.” – Neil Gaiman
62. “God’s greatest gift to you is your unlimited potential. Your greatest fit to God is to use that potential to the fullest.” – James Arthur Ray
63. “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life’s too short to think small.” – Tim Ferriss
65. “Don’t cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you’ve got.” – Steven Pressfield
66. “Every human life contains a potential, if that potential is not fulfilled, then that life is wasted.”
67. “Your ultimate goal in life is to become your best self. Your immediate goal is to get on the path that will lead you there.” – David Viscott
68. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Harry Finlay
69. “The way we define happiness is the joy you feel striving toward your potential.” – Shawn Achor
70. “Inside every seed is the potential for an incredible harvest.” – Farrah Gray
71. “Just because fate doesn’t deal you the right cards, it doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you have to play the cards you get to their maximum potential.” – Les Brown
72. “Anything you want is possible . If, I didn’t believe it, I wouldn’t take the time to send this message to you.” – Tyler Perry
73. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison
74. “Do not bother to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” – William Faulkner
75. “You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life. At some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move.” – Eric Thomas
Quotes About Potential For Greatness
This last section is about that next-level potential known as greatness, your greatness. We believe that closer you get to achieving your potential, the closer you ultimately get to achieving a level of real-world greatness. So, below are few inspiring quotes about potential for greatness. May they inspire you to achieve yours. Enjoy
76. “You have the potential for greatness.” – Steve Harvey
77. “In your hands you hold the seeds of failure – or the potential for greatness.” – Zig Ziglar
78. “Greatness is the constant pursuit of realizing and increasing your potential.” – Tyler Basu
79 “Greatness is about fulfilling one’s potential. And one’s potential is defined as striving to maximize your gifts, your talents, your strengths.” – Atlas Rowe
80. “Most rules are made by people with no authority who want to control and limit you from reaching your true potential. Ignore them, break their rules, and wave at them as you soar past them to greatness.” – Dan Pearce
81. “Push yourself to do more and to experience more. Harness your energy to start expanding your dreams. Yes, expand your dreams. Don’t accept a life of mediocrity when you hold such infinite potential within the fortress of your mind. Dare to tap into your greatness” – Robin Sharma
82. “The greatest truth must be recognition that in every man, in every child is the potential for greatness.” – Robert Kennedy
83. “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph
84. “The key to greatness is to look for people’s potential and spend time developing it.” – Peter Drucker
85. “Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.” – William Shakespeare
86 . “To achieve greatness on should live as if they will never die.” – Francois De La Rochefoucauld
87. “Greatness is more than potential. It is the execution of that potential.” – Eric Burns
88. “Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
89. “Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
90. “Activating your potential for greatness is a choice.” – Fabienne Fredrickson
Inspirational Potential Quotes
91. “The way potential actualizes itself in reality, is through discipline.” – Jordan Peterson
92. “Becoming the person you aspire to be requires that you stop being that old self.” – Dr. Joe Dispenza
93. “At your birth a seed is planted. That seed is your uniqueness. It wants to grow, transform itself, and flower to its full potential.” – Robert Greene
94. “The greatest potential for growth and self-realization exists in the second half of life.” – Carl Jung
95. “The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart, this you will build your life by, this you will become.” – James Allen
96. “It is possible for ordinary people to do extraordinary things.” – Elon Musk
97. “If you can change your mindset toward the positive, you can unlock untapped reserves of potential withing yourself.” – Colin O’Brady
98. “Clearly understand that the only limitations you will ever have are the limitations you impose on yourself. You truly do have unlimited potential.” – Bob Proctor
99. “You don’t have the potential to create, you are always creating.” – Jack Canfield
100. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
There you have it, the some of best quotes about potential. We hope they inspired you to continue reaching for yours. And remember, reaching your potential isn’t a destination; it’s a journey that takes time.
So, be patient with yourself, be never stop stiving to become your greatest self.
Till you those aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these quotes about potential, then you’ll probably enjoy these inspiring strive for greatness quotes .
100+ MEDIOCRITY QUOTES TO INSPIRE YOU TO NEVER SETTLE
Mediocrity is the enemy of excellence. Mediocrity is average, it’s ordinary. It’s an attitude of acceptance and being okay with the unexceptional. In short, when something is mediocre, it means that thing is not very good. The great news is, if you’re here on The Strive, chances are high you’re a champion of excellence. And it’s the reason we’ve rounded up these handful of mediocrity quotes, to help you further embrace one of the greatest secrets of success ; never settling for mediocrity.
“Mediocrity Is The Archenemy of Prosperity.”
So, if you’re ready for some encouraging words to help you shun mediocrity, and further embrace the qualities that help you find more success, fulfillment, and prosperity in your life, then lets dive in:
BEST MEDIOCRITY QUOTES
1. “The greatest secret in the world is that you only have to be a small, measurable amount better than mediocrity…and you’ve got it made.” – Og Mandino
2. “Jealousy is the tribute which mediocrity pays to genius.” – Fulton J. Sheen
3. “Mediocrity is the worst enemy of prosperity.” – Henry Ford
4. “Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” – Will Smith
5. “The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” – William Arthur Ward
6. “Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity.” – Colin Powell
7. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
8. “Each moment spent in mediocrity, is a moment lost in greatness.” – Ed Latimore
9. “ Never surrender to the momentum of mediocrity.” – Marlon Brando
10. “We’ve found in all our research studies that the signature of mediocrity is not an unwillingness to change; the signature of mediocrity is chronic inconsistency.” – Jim Collins
11. “Mediocrity is excellent to the eyes of mediocre people.” – Joseph Joubert
12. “Life is one big tug of war between mediocrity and trying to find your best self.” – David Goggins
13. “Being mediocre and average should scare you more, a lot more than people thinking you are different or weird.” – Matt Monge
14. “Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you’ll suck forever.” – Brian Wilson
15. “The difference between mediocrity and excellence is often a matter of effort .” – Diana Waring
16. “Mediocrity is always invisible until passion shows up and exposes it.” – Graham Cooke
17. “To be popular one must be a mediocrity.” – Oscar Wilde
18. “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” – Andrew Carnegie
19. “All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity are easy. Stay away from easy.” – Scott Alexander
20. “Don’t settle for mediocrity; never let good enough be good enough.” – Mediocrity Quote
21. “The only sin is mediocrity.” – Martha Graham
22. “Don’t settle for mediocrity. Take a chance. Take a risk. Find that passion. Rekindle it. Fall in love all over again. It’s really worth it.” – Brian Cranston
23. “Stumbling towards greatness is better than sprinting towards mediocrity.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
24. “Don’t let the mediocrity that surrounds you affect the creative machinery of your rich mind. Like how the incandescent beauty of the magnificent lotus is unaffected by the swampy mud that surrounds it.” – Rajesh
25. “Mediocrity has no greater consolation that in the thought that genius is not immortal.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
26. “Some people are born mediocre, some people achieve mediocrity, and some people have mediocrity thrust upon them.” – Joseph Heller
27. “Mediocrity doesn’t mean average intelligence, it means an average intelligence that resents and envies its betters.” – Ayn Rand
28. “When you tolerate mediocrity, you get more of it.” – Frank Sonnenberg
29. “Mediocrity can talk, but it is for genius to observe.” – Benjamin Disraeli
30. “Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
31. “Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
32. “ Be the best , but get ready to be attacked. Only mediocrity is safe.” – Paulo Coelho
33. “Mediocrity inspires neither great love nor hate.” – Vanna Bonta
34. “Nobody rises above mediocrity unless they use the brains of other people.” – Napoleon Hill
35. “Most of the world is seeking comfort and familiarity, which are traps that cause you to settle for the mediocre.” – Grant Cardone
36. “Mediocrity doesn’t just happen. It’s chosen over time through small choices day by day.” – Todd Henry
37. “Someone once told me not to bite off more than I could chew. I said I’d rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity.” – Mediocrity Quotes
38. “Average performers accept mediocrity. Iconic producers are obsessed with mastery.” – Robin Sharma
39. “To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals.” – Michael Bassey
40. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
41. “Don’t embrace mediocrity; its main charm is to make you fall in love with failure. Speed off… Excellence awaits you at the end of your journey!” – Israelmore Ayivor
42. “You either do what is hard and succeed, or you do what is easy and live in mediocrity.” – Eric Thomas
43. “It’s a disease. Nobody thinks or feels or cares any more; nobody gets excited or believes in anything except their own comfortable little goddamn mediocrity.” – Richard Yates
44. “Idleness is fatal only to the mediocre.” – Albert Camus
45. “Pride is a personal commitment. It is an attitude which separates excellence from mediocrity.” – William Blake
46. “The only way to get out of mediocrity is to keep shooting for excellence.” – Eric Thomas
47. “Most humans, in varying degrees, are already dead. In one way or another they have lost their dreams, their ambitions, their desire for a better life. They have surrendered their fight for self-esteem and they have compromised their great potential. They have settled for a life of mediocrity, days of despair and nights of tears. They are no more than living deaths confined to cemeteries of their choice. Yet they need not remain in that state. They can be resurrected from their sorry condition. They can each perform the greatest miracle in the world. They can each come back from the dead …” – Og Mandino
48. “Mediocrity: now there is ugliness for you. Mediocrity’s a hairball coughed up on the Persian carpet of Creation.” – Tom Robbins
49. “Do you know the hallmark of a second rater? It’s resentment of another man’s achievement. Those touchy mediocrities who sit trembling lest someone’s work prove greater than their own – they have no inkling of the loneliness that comes when you reach the top.” – Ayn Rand
50. “Whatever it is that you do, you are making a stand, either for excellence or for mediocrity.” – Brandon Webb
51. “The lonely road to greatness is better than the crowded road to mediocrity.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
52. “The signature of mediocrity is chronic inconstancy. The signature of greatness is a disciplined and consistent focus on the right things.” – James C. Collins
53. “Mediocrity is a choice. I hope you choose to say ‘NO!” – Frank Sonnenberg
54. “Ease is The Hallmark of The Mediocre.” – Atlas Rowe
55. “All too often, the security of a mediocre present is more comfortable than the adventure of trying to be more in the future.” – Tony Robbins
56. “Comparison leads to conformity, and conformity quickly leads to mediocrity.” – Brandon Burchard
57. “There’s a drive in me that won’t allow me to do certain things that are easy.” – Johnny Depp
58. “I think there is probably no better person to aspire to emulate than Steve Jobs and what he has done at Apple in terms of his leadership, his innovation, not settling for mediocrity.” – Howard Schultz
59. “The person who stops studying merely because he has finished school is forever hopelessly doomed to mediocrity, no matter what may be his calling. The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge.” – Napoleon Hill
60. “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
61. “Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself.” George S. Patton Jr
62. “Mediocrity is a hand rail.” – Charles Louis De Secondat
63. “The absence of risk is a sure sign of mediocrity.” – Charles De Foucald
64. “Excellence in obscurity is better than mediocrity in the spotlight.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
65. “Never settle for average.” – Steve Jobs
66. “A life of mediocrity is a waste of life.” – Colleen Hoover
67. “Mediocrity always attacks excellence.” – Michael Beckwith
68. “Stop encouraging mediocrity. No. The mere fact that a person exists does not make them awesome, amazing, or beautiful. Contributing something positive to people’s lives and adding value to the world does. Act and encourage accordingly.” – Zero Dean
69. “Don’t waste your life. No one chooses mediocrity but many settle for it. Never settle.” – Quote on Mediocrity
70. “You are born into genius. Don’t settle for any mediocrity” – Robin Sharma
71. “Good behavior is the last refuge of mediocrity.” – Henry S. Haskins
72. “In the republic of mediocrity, genius is dangerous.” – Robert Ingersoll
73. “Desire is what takes the hot water of mediocrity and turns it into the steam of outstanding success.” – Zig Ziglar
74. “Be obsessed or be average.” – Grant Cardone
75. “Let others lead small lives, but not you.” – Jim Rohn
76. “Mediocrity begins the precise moment you swap love for challenge, with love of comfort.” – Brandon Burchard
77. “Everyone chooses one or two roads in life – the old and the young, the rich and the poor, men and women alike. One is the broad, well-traveled road to mediocrity, the other the road to greatness and meaning.” – Stephen R. Covey
78. “Waiting empowers mediocrity. People sit around waiting their entire lives for the perfect this, the perfect that. The perfect scenarios and circumstances never arrive. What does arrive? Time, old age, and the specter of a dream lost.” – M. J. Demarco
79. “It’s easy to remain mediocre. All you need to do is spend major time on minor things with minor people.” – Jim Rohn
80. “Without enthusiasm you are doomed to a life of mediocrity, but with it you can accomplish miracles.” – Og Mandino
81. “Leaders set high standards and refuse to tolerate mediocrity or poor performance.” – Brian Tracy
82. “Mediocrity scares me. It’s the fear of not being as good as you want to be. If you give over to that fear, it will sabotage you. As much as I can, I try to use that fear to guide me.” – Chris Pine
83. “The difference between excellence and mediocrity is commitment.” – Anonymous
84. “Your best life will never come to pass if you don’t shun mediocrity and low expectations.” – Nathan Lee Morales
85. “Be fearful of mediocrity.” – Jonathan Ellery
86. “We are all fighting the same battle. All of us are torn between comfort and performance, between settling for mediocrity or being willing to suffer in order to become our best self, all the damn time.” – David Goggins
87. “You always get what you tolerate. If you tolerate mediocrity, then that’s what you’ll get.” – Bedros Keuilian
88. “I feared boredom and mediocrity much more than I feared failure.” – Ray Dalio
89. “Push yourself to do more and to experience more. Harness your energy to start expanding your dreams. Yes, expand your dreams. Don’t accept a life of mediocrity when you hold such infinite potential within the fortress of your mind.” – Robin Sharma
90. “It may be satisfactory, but that’s another word for mediocrity.” – David Goggins
91. “Enthusiasm spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.” – Norman Vincent Peale
92. “Successful people live by a different set of rules and success habits. They don’t conform or accept mediocrity.” – Dean Graziosi
93. “The high cost of greatness is better than the low cost of mediocrity.” – Matshone Dhliway
94. “Man in still responsible. He must turn the alloy of modern experience into the steel of mastery and character. His success lies not with the stars but with himself. He must carry on the fight of self-correction and discipline. He must fight mediocrity as sin and live against the imperative of life’s highest ideal.” – Frank Curtis Williams
95. “The moment you decide to elevate to your greatness, you will not be applauded by the people around you who have settled for mediocrity.” – Erwin McManus
96. “In life, it’s between choosing risk and striving for greatness, or risking nothing and being certain of mediocrity.” – Keith Ferrazzi
97. “If you don’t have the ambition to be the very best at what you do, then what’s the point? If you aim for greatness but keep missing — fine. At least you had the guts to aim. There’s honor in failing that way. But there’s nothing honorable about settling for mediocrity.” – Benjamin Wood
98. “Most people live a life of quiet mediocrity and never achieve the success they truly desire because they get impatient. They want easy success or none at all.” – Earl Nightingale
99. “Aspire greatly; anything less than a commitment to excellence becomes an acceptance of mediocrity.” – Brian Tracy
100. “The world does not reward mediocrity nor does it reward average. It only rewards exceptional.” – Robert Herjavec
Bonus Mediocrity Quotes
Bonus: Here the last of our mediocrity quotes. We’ve listed it as a bonus because it’s nails the downfall of mediocrity, and why we should all avoid it. Enjoy.
“No One Gets Ahead By Striving For Mediocrity.” – Glenn C. Stewart
There you have it, the best mediocrity quotes to inspire you strive to BE and DO more than average, quotes to help you keep reaching for all that is exceptional and extraordinary.
With that being said, if you enjoyed these quotes, bookmark the page and share it with someone who could use a good reminder to never settle for mediocrity .
PS – If you enjoyed these quotes about mediocrity and why you should avoid it like the plague, then you’ll likely enjoy these inspiring go the extra mile quotes .
100+ INSPIRATIONL TONY ROBBINS QUOTES FOR SUCCESS AND PERSONAL GROWTH
Tony Robbins is by far the world’s most famous performance coach. He’s become well known for his life changing motivational seminars, along with publishing best-selling self-development books like Unlimited Power , Awaken the Giant Within , and Money: Master the Game . Tony Robbins has also advised big name celebrities like Serena Williams, Leonardo DiCaprio, Oprah, as well as international leaders the likes of Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev, Margaret Thatcher, Princess Diana, and three U.S. presidents. Needless to say, his advice and expertise on success, relationships, and life are highly regarded.
“Your Past Doesn’t Equal Your Future.” – Tony robbins –
So, if you’re looking for some great nuggets of wisdom on how to find more success, improve yourself, and dramatically change your life, then pay close attention to the advice laid out in this collection of inspirational Tony Robbins quotes.
If you’re ready grow, let’s go!
TOP 100 TONY ROBBINS QUOTES
1. “Your past does not equal your future.” – Tony Robbins
2. “We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.” – Tony Robbins
3. “Why live an ordinary life, when you can live an extraordinary one.” – Tony Robbins
4. “Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.” – Tony Robbins
5. “Every problem is a gift–without problems we would not grow.” – Tony Robbins
6. “Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” – Tony Robbins
7. When you realize your problem is not a lack of resources, it’s not a lack of money, or technology, or contacts. It’s not. It’s your psychology.” – Tony Robbins
8. “It’s not knowing what to do; it’s doing what you know.” – Tony Robbins
9. “I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece . I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.” – Tony Robbins
10. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” – Tony Robbins
11. “The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.” – Tony Robbins
12. “You get what you tolerate.” – Tony Robbins
13. “It’s what you practice in private that you will be rewarded for in public.” – Tony Robbins
14. “When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Tony Robbins
15. “If you sincerely want to change your life: raise your standards. What changes people is when their “shoulds” become “musts”.” – Tony Robbins
16. “If you want to be successful , find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results.” – Tony Robbins
17. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
18. “Identify your problems, but give your power and energy to solutions.” – Tony Robbins
19. “People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals – that is, goals that do not inspire them.” – Tony Robbins
20. “Where focus goes, energy flows.” – Tony Robbins
21. “One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” – Tony Robbins
22. “The more you use the gifts you have to serve others, the more you’ll get the gifts you want.” – Tony Robbins
23. “The secret of being wealthy in business is to do more for others than anyone else and add more value.” – Tony Robbins
24. “Success in life is the result of good judgment. Good judgment is usually the result of experience. Experience is usually the result of bad judgment.” – Tony Robbins
25. “Success is doing what you want to do, when you want, where you want, with whom you want, as much as you want.” – Tony Robbins
26. “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.” – Tony Robbins
27. “The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.” – Tony Robbins
28. “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.” – Tony Robbins
29. “You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.” – Tony Robbins
30. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Tony Robbins
31. “The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.” – Tony Robbins
32. “If you’re growing you feel alive. If you’re giving you feel 10 times more alive .” – Tony Robbins
33. “Success is buried on the other side of rejection.” – Tony Robbins
34. “The more rejection you get, the better you are, the more you’ve learned, the closer you are to your outcome… If you can handle rejection, you’ll learn to get everything you want.” – Tony Robbins
35. “It’s your decisions, and not your conditions that determine your destiny.” – Tony Robbins
36. “If you talk about it, it’s a dream, if you envision it, it’s possible, but if you schedule it, it’s real.” – Tony Robbins
37. “There is no such thing as failure. There are only results.” – Tony Robbins
38. “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” – Tony Robbins
39. “Lack of emotion causes lack of progress and lack of motivation .” – Tony Robbins
40. “Success without fulfillment is failure.” – Tony Robbins
41. “We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.” – Tony Robbins
42. “Everybody’s got a past. The past doesn’t equal the future unless you live there.” – Tony Robbins
43 “Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives.” – Tony Robbins
44. “There’s no abiding success without commitment.” – Tony Robbins
45. “Whatever happens take responsibility.” – Tony Robbins
46. “You decide every moment of every day who you are what you believe in. You get a second chance every second.” – Tony Robbins
47. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
48. “Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.” – Tony Robbins
49. “ Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life.” – Tony Robbins
50. “If you stop growing, you start dying inside.” – Tony Robbins
You are more than halfway there! Only a few more Tony Robbins quotes to go. We hope this last set of quotes will both inspire and encourage you to change your life.
So by all means, keep to it…
Related: Tony Robbins Success Story
51. “Your true test of character is revealed in your words and actions when on one is looking.” – Tony Robbins
52. “Most successful people are the most successful people because they’ve failed more than anyone else.” – Tony Robbins
53. “It’s not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives.” – Tony Robbins
54. “People don’t value what they don’t fight for.” – Tony Robbins
55. “In life you need either inspiration or desperation.” – Tony Robbins
56. “Life is always happening for us, not to us. It’s our job to find out where the benefit is. If we do, life is magnificent.” – Tony Robbins
57. “Don’t just face your fear, embrace your fear.” – Tony Robbins
58. “In any moment , a decision you make can change the course of your life forever. Choose now… choose well!” – Tony Robbins
59. “Desire is the first element of realization.” – Tony Robbins
60. “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” – Tony Robbins
61. “The real joy in life comes from finding your true purpose and aligning it with what you do every single day.” – Tony Robbins
62. “Most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year — and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade.” – Tony Robbins
63. “The people who are most alive, driven, and fulfilled, are those that see to lead by a life of contribution and service to something greater than themselves.” – Tony Robbins
64. “Don’t let disappointment defeat you; let it drive you.” – Tony Robbins
65. “Life is about moments; don’t wait for them, create them.” – Tony Robbins
66. “Pain is a part of life, suffering is an option.” – Tony Robbins
67 . “It’s not about the goal. It’s about growing to become the person who can accomplish that goal.” – Tony Robbins.
68. “Contribution is the key to fulfillment.” – Tony Robbins
69. “Be a blessing to others and your life will be blessed.” – Tony Robbins
70. “Progress is everything. Move forward today.” – Tony Robbins
71. “The more rules you have about how people have to be, how life has to be for you to be happy, the less happy you’re going to be.” – Tony Robbins
72. “What would it take to turn your work (labor) into love?” – Tony Robbins
73. “The most sacred thing that we can offer another human being besides our love, is our labor.” – Tony Robbins
74. “Courage is a muscle. The more you demand it within yourself and take action, the more you grow and transform.” – Tony Robbins
75. “Fear is physical, but so is courage .” – Tony Robbins
76. “Leaders anticipate, losers react.” – Tony Robbins
77. “Problems are fuel for growth.” – Tony Robbins
78. “Good times create weak people. Weak people create bad times. Bad times create strong people. Strong people create good times.” – Tony Robbins
79. “You can’t separate the mind and the body. You’ve got to feed the mind and strengthen the body on a daily basis in some way.” – Tony Robbins
80. “There is grace in everything. It’s our job to realize that life is happening for us, not to us.” – Tony Robbins
81. “Fear is you imagining the worst. Faith is you imagining a higher purpose.” – Tony Robbins
82. “It is in the realm of uncertainty that fulfillment is found.” – Tony Robbins
83. “The only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” – Tony Robbins
84. “What you get will never make you happy in the long term. Who you become and what you contribute will.” – Tony Robbins
85. “It’s all about adding value. How can you do more for others than anybody else in the world.” – Tony Robbins
86. “Trade your expectation for appreciation and your whole world changes in an instant.” – Tony Robbins
87. “Map out a strategy. Change your story. Get a quality state of mind.” – Tony Robbins
88. “Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear.” – Tony Robbins
89. “Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards.” – Tony Robbins
90. “You become who you spend time with.” – Tony Robbins
91. “Self-esteem doesn’t come from what people say about you. Self-esteem is earned within yourself. It is esteem for yourself, that only comes from doing things that are incredibly difficult.” – Tony Robbins
92. “Life is found in the dance between what you desire most and what you fear most.” – Tony Robbins
93. “You either master money, or, on some level, money masters you.” – Tony Robbins
94. “Your income right now is a result of your standards. It is not the industry, it is not the economy.” – Tony Robins
95. “ Hunger is the only differentiation in people; it’s not talent.” – Tony Robbins
96. “If you keep a clear vision for your future, it will pull you like a magnet through your toughest times.” – Tony Robbins
97. “To create an extraordinary quality of life, you must create a vision that’s not only obtainable, but that is sustainable.” – Tony Robbins
98. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
99. “Goals are like magnets. They’ll attract the things that make them come true.” – Tony Robbins
100. “If you can’t, you must. If you must, you can.” – Tony Robbins
Bonus Tony Robbins Quote
Bonus: Alright, here’s our final Tony Robbins quote, and it is our absolute favorite. Why? Because it gives you solid advice on how anyone can create real change in their lives starting today. Enjoy
“ Setting Goals Is The First Step In Turning The Invisible Into The Visible.” – tony robbins –
Related: Tony Robbins Net Worth
Tony Robbins Takeaways
Tony Robbins once mentioned that the best investment he ever made was for a $35 Jim Rohn seminar he went to when he was 17. And the reason it was the best investment he ever made was because he took the knowledge he learned from that Seminar and applied it to his life. And results were life changing.
So, with that being said, we’ll leave you with one last parting Tony Robbins quote as a key takeaway.. “If you let your learning lead to knowledge, you become a fool. If you let your learning lead to action, you become wealthy.”
May what you learned from these Tony Robbins quotes lead you to more action , and all the benefits that come with such action.
PS – If you enjoyed this collection of inspiring Tony Robbins quotes, then you’ll absolutely love these inspiring quotes to live by.
TOP 10 REASONS TO BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR
5 PERSONAL FINANCE BOOKS EVERYONE SHOULD READ
SHOULD YOU START A BLOG? HERE’S WHY I STARTED
SELF-DISCIPLINE TIPS: THE BEST 7 WAYS TO IMPROVE SELF-DISCIPLINE
10 REASONS TO START A BLOG THIS YEAR
100+ PERSEVERANCE QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP AGAIN
15 BEST BOOKS TO BUILD SELF-DISCIPLINE AND MASTER SELF-CONTROL (2023)
100+ SELF-DISCIPLINE QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE UNLIMITED SUCCESS
20 BEST BOOKS ON CONFIDENCE TO SKYROCKET YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
TOP 25 MOTIVATIONAL MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS
100+ INSPIRING EFFORT QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL
100+ WORK ETHIC QUOTES TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE MORE
100+ PURPOSE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FIND AND LIVE YOUR PURPOSE
100+ INSPIRING QUOTES ABOUT FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS
100 INSPIRING COURAGE QUOTES TO HELP YOU FEEL COURAGEOUS
NO GUTS, NO GLORY QUOTES
100+ MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU NEVER GIVE UP
TOP 100 SUCCESS AND MOTIVATIONAL BLOGS FOR 2023
- Share full article
Colleges Want to Know More About You and Your ‘Identity’
With affirmative action banned, application essays ask about “life experience,” the one place in admissions where discussing race is still explicitly legal.
By Anemona Hartocollis and Colbi Edmonds
“Tell us about an aspect of your identity or a life experience that has shaped you.”
— Johns Hopkins University
For college applicants, this is the year of the identity-driven essay, the one part of the admissions process in which it is still explicitly legal to discuss race after the Supreme Court banned affirmative action in June.
Listen to This Audio
For more audio journalism and storytelling, download New York Times Audio , a new iOS app available for news subscribers.
A review of the essay prompts used this year by more than two dozen highly selective colleges reveals that schools are using words and phrases like “identity” and “life experience,” and are probing aspects of a student’s upbringing and background that have, in the words of a Harvard prompt, “shaped who you are.”
That’s a big change from last year, when the questions were a little dutiful, a little humdrum — asking about books read, summers spent, volunteering done.
But even if candidates can — or feel compelled to — open up, colleges face potential legal challenges. The Supreme Court warned that a candidate’s race may be invoked only in the context of the applicant’s life story, and colleges have consulted with lawyers to determine the line between an acceptable essay prompt and an unconstitutional one.
“Obviously, this is a pretty subjective standard,” said Ishan K. Bhabha, a lawyer who is advising many colleges and universities. “Different schools are going to have different levels of risk tolerance.”
Students for Fair Admissions, the group that defeated race-based admissions in the Supreme Court, is ready to challenge any essay topic that “is nothing more than a back-channel subterfuge for divulging a student’s race or ethnicity,” Edward Blum, the group’s founder, said.
“Feel free to tell us any ways in which you’re different and how that has affected you.”
— Duke University
Harvard, which was at the center of the lawsuit, has replaced last year’s single optional essay with five short essays, designed to allow the admissions committee to see each applicant as a “whole person.” The essays, up to 200 words each, are all required so that the admissions office can collect the same information from every applicant, according to Harvard.
The first essay question closely tracks with what the Supreme Court’s opinion said was permissible: “How will the life experiences that shape who you are today enable you to contribute to Harvard?”
Johns Hopkins carefully explains what is allowed in its essay, which asks students to write about an aspect of their identity or life experience that has shaped them. “Any part of your background, including but not limited to your race, may be discussed in your response to this essay if you so choose,” Johns Hopkins notes on its website . But it adds a caveat: the information “will be considered by the university based solely on how it has affected your life and your experiences as an individual.”
Sarah Lawrence College, outside New York City, saucily incorporates a quote from the official summary of Chief Justice John G. Roberts’s majority decision in its prompt: “Nothing prohibits universities from considering an applicant’s discussion of how race affected the applicant’s life.”
Then the school asks applicants to “describe how you believe your goals for a college education might be impacted, influenced or affected by the court’s decision.”
These college-specific questions are supplements to the main essay in the Common App, the online application used by more than a million students each year.
The Common App said it was keeping last year’s seven essay choices . One mentions identity, another obstacles overcome. But in a nod to the new imperatives, the Common App said that it would monitor the choices of different “student populations.”
“Let your life speak. Describe the environment in which you were raised and the impact it has had.”
— Dartmouth College
Some students are seizing on the opportunity to write about race. Janyra Allen, 17, who attends Bard High School Early College in Baltimore, has started applying to colleges, with her top choice being Notre Dame of Maryland University. Janyra, who is Black, wants to be a nurse, and in her essays she has written about the lack of Black nurses and doctors in hospitals.
Janyra tries to include both her race and her accomplishments in her application answers, she said, because she wants universities to know “Black students can do amazing things, too.”
Amari Shepherd, 16, said she hoped colleges and universities would evaluate students based on merit, regardless of race. She is still thinking about what she wants to write in her essays, and although being Black is a large part of who she is, she isn’t sure if she will mention it extensively.
“I’m very proud of my race, but also I’ve worked very hard in my high school career,” said Amari, a senior at Frederick A. Douglass High School in New Orleans.
The essay may prove liberating for Asian American students, many of whom have been wary of how they present themselves. The lawsuit accused Harvard of racially stereotyping Asian Americans as high-achieving but bland and interchangeable — feeding the sense that applicants needed to appear “less Asian” by not majoring in science, for instance, or playing the cello.
Allison Zhang, a senior at a public high school in Maryland, said that she hoped to attend Georgetown or the University of Pennsylvania to study economics and political science. In her applications, “I’ve definitely been talking about my racial identity and also my gender because as an Asian American woman, that shaped a lot of how I view the world and the struggles that I’ve faced,” Allison, 17, said.
“Tell us about when, where or with whom you feel your most authentic, powerful self.”
— Barnard College
Some public universities are treading more carefully. The University of Virginia, for example, must navigate the tension between its stated commitment to diversity and conservative alumni , as well as the Republican governor, Glenn Youngkin, elected in 2021 largely on a pledge to overhaul education.
James E. Ryan, the president of the University of Virginia, sent a letter to the school community on Aug. 1, the unofficial beginning of application season, nodding to both alumni and the enslaved people who built the university and worked on the grounds.
He said that the university’s application now encompassed an essay prompt inviting applicants to talk about their connection to the university as children of graduates, or as “descendants of ancestors who labored at the university, as well as those with other relationships.”
John Yoo, a law professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who opposes race-conscious admissions, said that the new essay prompts seemed consistent with the court’s ruling.
What matters is not so much the wording as the way universities use the information, said Mr. Yoo, who served in the George W. Bush administration and is on the board of Pacific Legal Foundation, which filed an amicus brief on behalf of the plaintiffs.
“Suppose Harvard asked these questions and, magically, the racial composition of the freshman class is within three to four points of what it was before these essay questions,” he said. “I don’t think the courts are going to be fooled by innocuous-seeming essay questions which are used as a pretext by the colleges.”
Audio produced by Sarah Diamond .
Anemona Hartocollis is a national correspondent, covering higher education. She is also the author of the book “Seven Days of Possibilities: One Teacher, 24 Kids, and the Music That Changed Their Lives Forever.” More about Anemona Hartocollis
Colbi Edmonds is a reporter for the National desk and a member of the 2023-24 New York Times Fellowship class . More about Colbi Edmonds